UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time posting here although I have been following the various threads. Be gentle!! Not sure if this has been discussed or not - Corrie may well have lost his phone prior to going into the Horseshoe area - he may have left it by accident with his food/takeaway waste and was then placed into a bin either by him or by street cleaners who were unaware there was a phone there??
Welcome. The point is that would mean street cleaners emptying bins around 3-4 a.m. and putting it into the private Greggs recycling bin before the lorry arrived at 4 a.m. I don't think street cleaners are out at that time and C was not carrying anything in the last cctv seen.

Apologies I should have made it clear, I meant in relation to the second bin lorry. Would that be possible? I know they forensically searched one bin lorry (the one which went to Mildenhall.

I think a lot of large cases have these kind of charges on people around the periphery of the case, so I'm trying not to read too much into it. I also remember in the case of the young woman who died in Sheffield after a night club that a man was taken in on suspicion of rape and later released and rape wasn't part of the conclusion of the investigation.

But what I am curious about, in addition to the identity of the person and what the charge is actually about, is that for the police to make this arrest they must have evidence that this person has lied/misled during questioning? So they've actually picked up evidence to the contrary of what this person's said?

This kind of charge could be almost anything from providing a false alibi, lying about their or someone else's whereabouts or actions, to phoning in false information to the police (such as "look in such a place, I saw something strange out there that night," but in reality the person was just attention seeking). But I find it interesting that whatever it is, the person seems to have been caught in the lie by either evidence or someone else contradicting their word. What evidence could the police have that this person has lied/misled investigators?

Are we likely to get more details if the person is charged? Or would that possibly jeopardise case-building and be kept quiet?
If the man is charged he will be named. If not, he will be released unnamed. I think Helen Bailey's killer was initially arrested then released ( or somebody was - they didn't name him till the second arrest and charge. )

Welcome. The point is that would mean street cleaners emptying bins around 3-4 a.m. and putting it into the private Greggs recycling bin before the lorry arrived at 4 a.m. I don't think street cleaners are out at that time and C was not carrying anything in the last cctv seen.

I'm not sure about BSE but street cleaners seem to be out very early, if not 24/7, in bigger towns/cities

If the man is charged he will be named. If not, he will be released unnamed. I think Helen Bailey's killer was initially arrested then released ( or somebody was - they didn't name him till the second arrest and charge. )

Yes, but would they give more information on the charge (if he's charged)? Or would the details stay secret until a court case is heard?

I think a lot of large cases have these kind of charges on people around the periphery of the case, so I'm trying not to read too much into it. I also remember in the case of the young woman who died in Sheffield after a night club that a man was taken in on suspicion of rape and later released and rape wasn't part of the conclusion of the investigation.
RSBM

That was poor Caroline Everest wasn't it Amonet? I remember there was quite a bit of CCTV in that case too, and suspicions she had been murdered at the time.
Sadly found drowned, accidental death.

Could it have been something like the taxi driver saying that he could not remember speaking to the person on the bike and did not know who he was when all along he actually did know who it was? Or someone from Flex possibly telling emloyees not to reveal 'all' details of that night in the club?

RSBM

That was poor Caroline Everest wasn't it Amonet? I remember there was quite a bit of CCTV in that case too, and suspicions she had been murdered at the time.
Sadly found drowned, accidental death.

Yes, it was Caroline Everest. It was just an example that charges haven't yet been brought against this person so we need to wait until the person is either released or charged to even know .... and even a charge doesn't make someone guilty.

I can see now, from the moving images, that the no entry person is female and the same as the female walking past the Cornhill shopping centre.

Can anyone see if the older gentleman has a bit of a right knee or hip issue? They walk as if they're very fit but the right knee seems to bend a bit as if they've got knee problems or had a knee replacement or something on that leg? I'm not saying I'm right, I'm asking for someone else to look at that vid a few times and see if anything stands out that might help in identification?

Could it have been something like the taxi driver saying that he could not remember speaking to the person on the bike and did not know who he was when all along he actually did know who it was? Or someone from Flex possibly telling emloyees not to reveal 'all' details of that night in the club?

I think there are some things that could reasonably be forgotten or errors, and that those kind of things are unlikely to lead to arrest? Such as the homeless person saying Corrie told him he was going to walk home...no one can prove that true or false.

Unless the cyclist was the taxi driver's brother, then how could they prove that the taxi driver didn't remember speaking to the cyclist?

I would think that whatever it is has to be something where there isn't reasonable doubt and it should have substantial relevance to the investigation.

I was also wondering if someone came forwards at this point and said they stole/found Corrie's phone or they gave Corrie a lift that night, would that lead to a charge like this in order that the police could hold them for questioning?

He's been let out on bail.
Note "The 26-year-old was arrested earlier today, Wednesday 1 March, and was taken into custody where he was interviewed on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice relating to information provided to the continuing Corrie McKeague missing person investigation"
Relating to information provided...so lying to police

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

I was also wondering if someone came forwards at this point and said they stole/found Corrie's phone or they gave Corrie a lift that night, would that lead to a charge like this in order that the police could hold them for questioning?

I don't know the law on what you mention, but I would be doubtful if this would happen
It would certainly put off anyone coming forward with information they should have previously given.

Though I suppose if they stole the phone then made a statement saying they had no knowledge???
It has been reported that this refers to a 'statement' made previously, so this person has already been questioned regarding this case.

Just read a news item about a person picking up a £20.00 note someone dropped and being found guilty of theft .

It's possible, especially if they had previously told the police a different version of events.

Oops, only me second post, should I delete? I thought maybe because it came from Nicola it would be ok?

Oops, only me second post, should I delete? I thought maybe because it came from Nicola it would be ok?

Nothing is allowed here from the FB page, not even the family statements. Only information from the Findcorrie website is allowed, or a media source. I would delete it if you're able to.

The facebook page isn't allowed here. The Find Corrie website is fine.

Personally, I think the homeless man might have been questioned again. He was quoted as saying that C told him he was going to walk back to base. Hence, the extensive land searches, putting landfill search on hold etc...

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member