UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I hadn't even considered that Corrie could be in the landfill *after* going through the incinerator and that they'll actually be searching for an ash load containing bones. But after reading today's posts and the Martin McKeague article, that seems to be a possibility.

If Corrie's found in the landfill, I don't blame the police. I think they did the right thing in concentrating the initial searches in the more likely places. In the first week he could have been laying badly injured by the side of a road. And the 11kg for the bin in the horseshoe plus we've been told that there's no forensic evidence to put Corrie in a bin or bin lorry, I can't blame them for not focusing on this angle earlier and wanting to exhaust other avenues first.

Whatever's happened, if Corrie is deceased, it's a very sad end for such a young life. I fear that Corrie's family might find it very difficult to accept a verdict of misadventure, IF it does come to that.

If someone(s) in the chain of possession for the waste/refuse did do some covering up, I can't really understand why. It's something that sadly happens, and they wouldn't be found at fault as individuals. It's the handling processes that need more accountability, but it does seem that there is awareness and efforts made by these large companies to try and identify humans at the point of tipping.

I'm sorry I'm typing as if it was a done deal, I just sort of think it is at this point. We've gone all around the houses, but we could never get rid of that bin lorry.

There are 3 men in the band, plus one woman (the singer)
Yep that's what I mean. Are the 3 men local I.e. Suffolk? I cannot explain what else "3 local men in a group" could mean. And they feasibly would have been the last people to see him as well, when they were taking their gear out and loading it. JMO.

Yep that's what I mean. Are the 3 men local I.e. Suffolk? I cannot explain what else "3 local men in a group" could mean. And they feasibly would have been the last people to see him as well, when they were taking their gear out and loading it. JMO.

I would think it means group of 3 men rather than meaning group as in a band? I'm not sure how MIS/family would know if people were local or not unless SP told them.

I would think it means group of 3 men rather than meaning group as in a band? I'm not sure how MIS/family would know if people were local or not unless SP told them.
Wasn't there a group of 3 men in Mama Mia's? maybe with a female too?

I don't think from memory the band were local. But not certain. They were travelling to London for a gig on the Saturday night, posters stated. The discussion on the thread was, where they would park the van with the gear and would they leave immediately after the de rig to travel to London.

Wasn't there a group of 3 men in Mama Mia's? maybe with a female too?

Not sure. Mama Mia's was talked about very early on and I can't remember a lot of who/what went on there now!

ETA: @Northern Light

I think the band are from Essex?

I haven't followed this from the beginning.

Did I read somewhere that Corrie was offered a lift home (possibly at the takeaway), but declined?

Not directly related to Corrie's case, but there's a report in today's Wail about a different investigation that Suffolk Police seem to have mishandled.

The harshest lesson of all: How a popular teacher lost his job and good name when he was accused of sex abuse by a boy he'd never met in a harrowing two-year ordeal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4282372/Simon-Warr-lost-false-sex-abuse-claims.html

The Daily Fail isn't known for it's accurate reporting...far from it.

Regardless of whether he was an 'ex' SC before the arrest, I think it is safe to say that it would be unlikely for him to to undertake such a role in the future.

You'd be surprised. Lots of serving Police Officers with criminal convictions, even fairly serious ones. There was an article in the MSN about it.

Everything about this case is baffling. I keep changing my mind when read different threads. One story I keep going back too is the arson which happened to practice. Then there is the old man in mcds <modsnip>

I fear that Corrie's family might find it very difficult to accept a verdict of misadventure, IF it does come to that.

I agree. Third party involvement gives them someone to focus their hate on. No family wants to be told their loved one died by their own hand or because of their own actions (it's why so many families bitterly fight suicide rulings).

I thought that too then realised that was 5 months ago and weight may have increased.

Could be but I can't see him being just as thin as what I see the cyclist to be. His legs were really skinny (I believe it to be a man not a woman like some have suggested). I could be wrong but I'm not getting the right impression that he could be the cyclist.

It keeps reverting back to the bins though. Every lead seems to lead back to something to do with the bin collection and it's too much to be a coincidence. I don't know whether the guy pulled in by SP is directly or indirectly involved but he is definitely involved. I'm leaning towards indirectly mainly due to the fact that he doesn't look like he could be capable of being directly involved in a crime but does look like he would be easily led into a cover up. Ridiculous I know but that's all I have to go on! The landfill search will maybe reveal more......

HS got an award in 2013 for his services as a SC - if you google crime prevention heroes honoured Bury Free Press 17th October 2013 there is an article about it.

HS got an award in 2013 for his services as a SC - if you google crime prevention heroes honoured Bury Free Press 17th October 2013 there is an article about it.

Which makes it even more surprising IMO that he would be involved in PTCOJ

JMO

Which makes it even more surprising IMO that he would be involved in PTCOJ

JMO

Harold Shipman was a respected doctor in the community he worked in, which is why people found it hard to believe he'd murdered 200+ of his patients.

You can't go on things like that, status, job, etc - in some ways a person intent on committing certain crimes might be drawn to a partcular line of work because it allows them to indulge themselves while being above suspicion.

Anyway, who knows what has happened with this guy - maybe he was desperate to join the Police and being a special was a step towards that - it's what a friend of mine did to get his foot in the door - and maybe he was refused, got miffed about it, and so kind of got his own back a bit by hindering this investigation.

Etc.

Harold Shipman was a respected doctor in the community he worked in, which is why people found it hard to believe he'd murdered 200+ of his patients.

You can't go on things like that, status, job, etc - in some ways a person intent on committing certain crimes might be drawn to a partcular line of work because it allows them to indulge themselves while being above suspicion.

Anyway, who knows what has happened with this guy - maybe he was desperate to join the Police and being a special was a step towards that - it's what a friend of mine did to get his foot in the door - and maybe he was refused, got miffed about it, and so kind of got his own back a bit by hindering this investigation.

Etc.

Possibly as high as 508, probably not lower than 250 patients he killed.

Some of the most corrupt/psychopaths etc are police/doctors, people in well respected positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108