UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is one thing I'm waiting on. It could be they are waiting to find him and then make arrest(s). Right now SP are taking a lot of heat, rightly or wrongly, and can't see them doing this to themselves without a payoff at the end of the investigation.
Good point TTWO.

I maybe totally wrong, but I find it very convenient that the 'new' figure regarding the load comes to light at the same time as they began the search of landfill. In my mind, it seems almost as if they thought 'we don't know where he is but we have to do landfill now, so let's have a figure to back up the theory of him being in the bin lorry as that's the easiest way.'

Yep that was what I was wondering myself

Had a quick look for the weigh system and if the following (or similar) is what is fitted to that Biffa bin lorry then it seems it has a 2 tonne capacity? The full spec sheet is only available if you register.

http://vwsltd.co.uk/product/rear-end-loader-rel/
<modsnip>
The 2 tonne would be the total load wouldn't it rather than 1 bin? 1100 lit bin capacity would be 1 tonne approx if it was water and full up. I doubt they would ever weigh more than 1 tonne.

When writing about C, I can remain detached and focus on the whatever the topic is, so no, I didn't cry. That said, if I used his actual name, I wouldn't be so detached because then it becomes more personal. I genuinely would like him to be found anywhere other than landfill or in any other awful place. I think we would all rather it be somewhere else. I can see here that the situation with C is quite upsetting, so what is wrong with writing something nicer than what we are dealing with?

I did not mention it being wrong :tyou:

SP are keeping a lot up their sleeves ATM list to follow.
The real bin contents weight, the vehicle info, the bin route, the phone pings and route, the process at the wts undergone by the bin, how C got to LF, the doorway footage.
Anything else?
Added from Northern light -
test results, (bins , lorries, properties)
witness locations and evidence.

The real bin contents weight, the vehicle info, the bin route, the phone pings and route, the process at the wts undergone by the bin, how C got to LF, the doorway footage.
Anything else?
The results of tests on bins, and which ones they checked, and lorries, properties, around the horseshoe, unless I have missed it, except what family say. Witnesses under suspicion or not, who was where at what time etc.
Edit - thanks Shire.

I maybe totally wrong, but I find it very convenient that the 'new' figure regarding the load comes to light at the same time as they began the search of landfill. In my mind, it seems almost as if they thought 'we don't know where he is but we have to do landfill now, so let's have a figure to back up the theory of him being in the bin lorry as that's the easiest way.'

I'm giving them the benefit of doubt until/unless they find him. As Shiressleuth says, they are holding back a lot of information. One thing that has always stood out for me is precisely where/when the bin lorry went after Mildenhall Sainsbury's.

<modsnip>
The 2 tonne would be the total load wouldn't it rather than 1 bin? 1100 lit bin capacity would be 1 tonne approx if it was water and full up. I doubt they would ever weigh more than 1 tonne.

<modsnip>

As for the weighing systems I can only assume there's two on each lorry. One at the back to do individual bin weights and then an overall lorry weight system so that the bin lorry doesn't go overweight (big fines for this)? 2 tonnes might seem a lot but you never know when someone will fill a bin with bricks and the bin man doesn't use common sense. Over spec to allow such things,

Interesting, and explains how the binman might not have noticed anything:

[video=youtube;FYm2GczXMz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYm2GczXMz4[/video]

I would have thought if he was alive in the bin, the wallop of the bin being moved into position would have woken him up sharpish, however if he was semi or unconscious that's another story of course. I don't think he went into the bin voluntarily, just my thoughts on a very sad and frustrating case..

I would have thought if he was alive in the bin, the wallop of the bin being moved into position would have woken him up sharpish, however if he was semi or unconscious that's another story of course. I don't think he went into the bin voluntarily, just my thoughts on a very sad and frustrating case..

Part of the thing is that I don't *want* him to have been awake/aware at that point :(

We know other people have entered bins voluntarily and some got as far as going in the back of the lorry....a few made it out but others didn't. So they don't all wake up before the bin's tipped :(

Maybe Corrie was dreaming he was at sea and in his dream state the motion was like heavy waves pounding his ship and he just slept through it all and just never woke up? :(

Anything else?
Added from Northern light -
test results, (bins , lorries, properties)
witness locations and evidence.

This situation is normal.
The police do not tend to give out a lot of detailed information, except when they are seeking help from the public on specific points.
I wouldn't be expecting to hear more details unless and until there is a conclusion to this case.

You'd hope the noise of the lorry arriving and the mechanism starting up would be enough to wake him (says the girl who once slept through a small hurricane uprooting everything on a campsite, including part of my tent). But, that video shows how noisy it is, would his shouts have been heard?

You'd hope the noise of the lorry arriving and the mechanism starting up would be enough to wake him (says the girl who once slept through a small hurricane uprooting everything on a campsite, including part of my tent). But, that video shows how noisy it is, would his shouts have been heard?

I just can't get my head around if he did go in the back of that bin lorry that no one noticed the mess it would have been a dreadful mess at that and then no forensics just doesn't seem possible to me poor boy :(

Hi, I haven't posted here in a while so I apologize if I am going to say things that have already been covered but I was discussing Corrie with my oh tonight when I realised something about the bin lorry and the dump. If the bin was collecting recyclable things (people have said it was cardboard and that he might have tried sleeping in the bin because it was cardboard, not sure what to thing if that tbh) why did it then dump that waste into a landfill and not have it put through a recycling process? Im sure I've read that the company said Corrie couldn't possibly have been in the bin as he'd have been seen whilst the rubbish was being recycled, but if it's gone to a landfill... I'm confused

I just can't get my head around if he did go in the back of that bin lorry that no one noticed the mess it would have been a dreadful mess at that and then no forensics just doesn't seem possible to me poor boy :(

Yep there is a point there.

But if you did suddenly wake with the noise & tipping movement, you'd be completely disorientated. Wouldn't stand a chance of alerting anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep there is a point there.

I would be surprised if NO DNA traces were found in the bin. I imagine there must be a lot in general in there. I imagine they just didn't find enough DNA markers that match Corrie's.

He may have hit his head, tipped from quite a height onto solid metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would the cadaver dogs not be able to detect if they brought landfill samples from different areas and sections? So they could narrow it down to one spot to dig? They could just take the samples to the dogs, no need to bring them on site

and if all the bin contents are crushed, then how did the phone survive to ping at the mast? There's no big pieces in landfill, not even anything phone sized by the look of it. The phone would surely have been rendered useless as soon as it went in the lorry

The smells from landfill would be too confusing for the dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member