UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to the feet cctv under the lamp is that a women in heels ? to me it looks like heels or am I wanting it to be heels.... Drug theory could very well be right I didn't think my lad would do drugs if anyone asked nope not my boy but he has and I think deep down they know that but have to protect him to not look bad to the public or the Raf

Yes, he was with his mates.
They had left without him, he drove his car in, then they met up later.

The fact he was with his mates that night, is confirmed by his brother in the 3rd Oct Press Conference (on my previous post)

Surely one of your 'mates' would have left with you if you are ejected from a club...

I mean the thing going around in the Armed Forces after the previous 'abduction' events , was to not go anywhere on your own and always go in a pair or group.

why didn't one of his 'mates' go with him? I don't understand that?

TBH, I think clarification of the whole night is needed. Particularly clarification around "what was meant by the answers given by both Nicola and Corrie's brother in the 3rd of October" because they are elusive and unexplained.

For example, If Corrie was "waiting" until 3.30am in Bury St Edmumds, was he waiting for the lift that his brother describes in that 3rd of October Press Conference ?

Not quite sure where I'm going to go with this, or whether I'm going to explain this meaningfully, but let's have a go.

I've been mulling over the whole events of that evening and night, and Corrie's response and behaviour in relation to them, and I wonder if what we are seeing is a constellation of behaviours that we could term high risk.

He's left behind by his mates when they go into town. Why? Was it a genuine misunderstanding or was it an agreement of sorts, maybe tacit, to leave him behind?

If it was deliberate - why? Did they simply not like him very much, or has his behaviour on previous occasions been such that he was something of a liability, eg causing confrontations or other aggro? Did his mates have to pull him out of confrontations or other awkward situations?

Corrie then drives into town on his own and sits in his car drinking for an hour alone. I think I've seen a mention of it being vodka, which almost certainly means he's swigging it out of the bottle.

He then goes on a single pub crawl looking for his mates. Maybe they didn't decide before leaving where they were going, or maybe they did but didn't tell him. If the latter, what does that suggest?

By the time he catches up with them he's been in two other bars already. Within half an hour he's thrown out of FLEX. Why? Was he drunk enough that night to be chucked out of somewhere people were drinking, possibly to excess? Or had he been ejected on a previous occasion and the bouncers suddenly recognised him as a previous problem?

Did he have a previous pattern of behaviour which both got him thrown out of pubs/clubs and maybe meant his mates preferred to leave him behind?

Having been thrown out of FLEX he goes to a takeaway and fills up on junk food.

Then he finds a doorway and sits there for several hours, possibly sleeping, possibly messing about with his phone, possibly various things.

Finally, he goes into a dead end bin area and vanishes. The suggestion is that he has got into a car with someone who may be known to him or a complete stranger - either way neither driver has come forward.

Exit Corrie.

Several threads ago I wondered if Corrie's behaviour was reckless, maybe out of control. I now wonder if taken as a whole it could be described as high risk in the sense that it made him seriously vulnerable to being murdered (if that is what has happened). We readily describe engaging in prostitution, drug-taking or hitch-hiking as being high risk behaviours by high risk victims, and while we have no evidence that he was engaging in any of those behaviours we don't have any he wasn't, either.

We've discussed the possibility that, during the two hours he sat in the doorway, he was arranging a hookup, whether straight or gay.

In this latest thread the question of drug-use or dealing has come up.

If he got into a car in the bin area, it's increasingly likely that either the driver was a stranger (the hookup possibility) or someone he knew but whom he shouldn't have trusted. Again, this driver has not come forward.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe he'd been borrowing money from a loan shark and was unable to pay it back. That would also be high risk behaviour.

Not sure if I've explained my thoughts very well. It just seems to me that Corrie's judgement was off kilter, and his behaviour in some respects risky. Not in an immediate sense but in the sense that sooner or later something was going to go very badly wrong, and that maybe the extrovert, smiling young man of the selfies was hiding something very different indeed.

its so difficult when you all have no help from anyone close to Corrie in here I wish I had something like you lot when my boy went missing id be so grateful to you all trying to work everything out even if your not right id go down every avenue possible to find out what happened to my boy

Yes, he was with his mates.
They had left without him, he drove his car in, then they met up later.

The fact he was with his mates that night, is confirmed by his brother in the 3rd Oct Press Conference (on my previous post)

Thanks for that James, I have watched the whole vid now. His brother wasn't there though and I believe I read somewhere here (?) that C was tapped on the shoulder to leave the club but his mates didn't know that? Also that it as almost as soon as he arrived?

Don't want to mislead anyone so be good if anyone has better information on the club visit etc. TIA

What I was trying to get across was the probable lack of arrangements with his mates throughout the whole evening,

but wouldn't it be useful if one or two of them spoke out publicly so we know ?

I agree it is high risk behaviour and I wonder if you're on to something there about him being deliberately left behind. He does seem extrovert so it's not a huge stretch to imagine him being a liability.

Only once have I ever been so drunk I've sat on the floor and gone to sleep. I was drinking vodka before going out celebrating a new job, after a while (an hour tops) I walked into the city and went into a weatherspoons. I went to the toilet while someone I was with brought drinks and on the way back I was asked to leave. To this day I have no idea what I did. So I left and found myself so drunk I barely left the street despite only have drank vodka at home. As it happens for me I had the sense to call someone who genuinely carried me to a taxi and sent me home and then later came to check I was okay. For me that is not normal behaviour, I was lucky because that does make you completely vulnerable.

By the time Corrie gets up from that doorway he's not obliterated but he's not sober either. You have a serious judgement impairment. I still think he arranged a lift.

its so difficult when you all have no help from anyone close to Corrie in here I wish I had something like you lot when my boy went missing id be so grateful to you all trying to work everything out even if your not right id go down every avenue possible to find out what happened to my boy

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure if you posted a thread on this forum you'd get help.

I'm not sure Corrie's family would come on here. It maybe a bit "too straight forward" for them. I don't doubt they read it now and again however.

Thanks for that James, I have watched the whole vid now. His brother wasn't there though and I believe I read somewhere here (?) that C was tapped on the shoulder to leave the club but his mates didn't know that? Also that it as almost as soon as he arrived?

Don't want to mislead anyone so be good if anyone has better information on the club visit etc. TIA

What I was trying to get across was the probable lack of arrangements with his mates throughout the whole evening,

but wouldn't it be useful if one or two of them spoke out publicly so we know ?

Too true, his brother wasn't on the night out (or any previously for that matter). And you have hit on something SPECTACULAR

And that kind of makes it "more intriguing" don't you think ?

The information his brother is relating on camera MUST therefore come directly from Corrie ?

So, it goes back to " what does Corrie mean when his brother talks about either getting a taxi if the guys are altogether OR getting a lift if the guys are all split up "

When Corrie gets split up from his mates and comes out of the club at 3.00am (normally) on his own, who does he get a lift off ???? BECAUSE his brother said he does .

Jessie.... that could be just the break through WE certainly needed. My guess is the family may already have a clue.

JamesKing I was lucky I found my boy safe I was just sayin I wish at time I had a group on here and yes I do believe Corries family do pop on here not that I have proof of that.

The information his brother is relating on camera MUST therefore come directly from Corrie ?

So, it goes back to " what does Corrie mean when his brother talks about either getting a taxi if the guys are altogether OR getting a lift if the guys are all split up "

When Corrie gets split up from his mates and comes out of the club at 3.00am (normally), who does he get a lift off ????

Jessie.... that could be just the break through WE certainly needed. My guess is the family may already have a clue.

This is a good point, and gets across better than I did what I was trying to get at - the possibility that Corrie, far from being a real member of that group, was in reality a Billy No Mates - left behind at the start of the evening, not told where they were going, and not included in any arrangements for getting back.

And if this really was the case - why?

It is odd wording, why not just say they get a taxi home, regardless of whether they're in a group or not.

Nicola

"He wasn't in the habit of it, but he had done it ... ermm eh ... but ... erm .... yes he had done it before"

Darroch

"..... at the end of the night is pff. If they have all stuck with each other, they've all got a taxi together. If they've arranged to get a lift then get back, it's just take it as it comes"

I think the family needs to clarify those two statements first off, as that could explain "the wait".

[video=youtube;46UD0lk-c2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46UD0lk-c2g[/video]

Hello everyone, this is my first post so please forgive me if I'm discussing things that have already been discounted.

I've been following this thread for a few weeks and wondered if anyone had any information on the following two points please?

1. Has there been any mention of Corrie losing his keys (car key in particular)? Perhaps this would explain why he chose not to wait in his car on Robert Bobby Way? He was drunk/possibly upset and I don't personally buy into the theory that he didn't want to be caught in his car inebriated; particularly as he had already spent an hour drinking earlier in the evening.

2. Do we know if the police are able to confirm if Corrie had made contact with his colleagues/mates after arriving in Bury that evening? It seems odd to me that he visited two other bars before heading to Flex - surely he could have simply called one of his friends to ask where they were? Personally I find this unusual, unless he was being avoided for some reason - if this is the case, why?

These two things have been playing on my mind and I wondered if anyone else had given these any consideration at all.

There's a criminology science called "Statement Analysis".
The first lesson is, you presuppose everything you are told is true.

Nicola has an uncomfortable 7 second stammer when asked if Corrie was in the habit of walking home

And Darroch talks about "a lift" and says "then get back".

So I could speculate (and it is pure speculation) that Corrie sometimes (and possibly on his own, possibly not) has an arranged lift somewhere...and then gets back (maybe he walks some of the way back, I don't know and I don't know where he goes or how long he is likely there for or from where he walks back from or what he does there or who with).

But it could link "the wait" in with the unusual statements. And maybe the Barton Mills area and the phone pings.....and who knows if he went AWOL from there (where ever there is).

2. Do we know if the police are able to confirm if Corrie had made contact with his colleagues/mates after arriving in Bury that evening? It seems odd to me that he visited two other bars before heading to Flex - surely he could have simply called one of his friends to ask where they were? Personally I find this unusual, unless he was being avoided for some reason - if this is the case, why?

Good question. If he had to go looking for them, he clearly didn't know where they were. We don't know if they discussed where they were going before they set off, but if they did they clearly didn't tell Corrie.

Also, having arrived on his own in BSE, I really would have expected Corrie to phone or text his mates and ask where they were. If he did, why did they not responde? It's possible they didn't hear the phone ring or the text sound because of the noise in FLEX, but it's also possible they declined to take the call or just ignored the text. If the latter, that's very telling, I think.

Good first post. Welcome to WS.

I think the family needs to clarify those two statements first off, as that could explain "the wait".

And where any lift might usually occur... Short Brackland street seems like a very strange, very definitive place to get a lift from, considering all the other much more accessible roads nearby, like the Butter Market loop and car park or even the road he walks along with the kebab. If you're driving down Short Brackland, then all you can do is reach the Horseshoe and then have to do a 3 point turn to leave again. It's possible to drive past the Cornhill entrance as a "cheeky shortcut", sure, but there would be a car on camera (and if there is we haven't been told about it).

This is my point from a previous post. They are fully capable of showing images of the suspect cars and they can blur out the number plate. There is nothing illegal about doing so. In a lot of cases, descriptions of cars are readily available. This case has 3 possible cars and not even one vague description of them has been released. Even Google street view has 3 parked cars in the Horseshoe you can take a look at (let alone all others in the world, where only blanking the number plate suffices).

CCTV 2 does give a sort of impression that he is running to that spot to catch a lift, but discovers it isn't there, so decides to kill some more time in that special way only Corrie does, or take a leak or something. His lift arrives, through co-incidence it's not caught on camera (in exactly the same fashion as the mystery legs person, who manages to avoid being seen in shot, that person didn't intend to be a mystery figure, but as I said before - black spots occur because of the way the CCTV works). Maybe the car is in some shots but only for a marginal amount of time.

Of course, this begs the question - if Corrie is known to get lifts, then they know the potential lift givers from day 1. Are they sure he always gets lifts with people he actually knows? Or with people he knows but no-one else does? Interesting info that doesn't seem to be out there. And as someone else said, it's really odd his friends from base will not or are not allowed to speak out, because they have had some of the better clues right from the start.

Thanks Melmoth.

My thoughts exactly, they've already said that the 'all thought Corrie was in the other car' or words to that effect. Why didn't any of them call/message him when they arrived and realised?

I think this is fairly telling, perhaps something happened beforehand which lead to them heading into town without Corrie - this may also explain the hour-long telephone call to his brother on arrival. Maybe he was asking for advice on how to deal with a situation. Either way I think it's important to understand exactly what was discussed; I have a feeling the Police already know but this information is being kept from the public.

Showing CCTV a footage to locals is one thing; but sharing more detailed information as to what happened in the run up to Corrie's disappearance may actually lead to more results.

From the find Corrie site FAQ:

Corrie would leave on his own if he chose on a night out. On this occasion, none of his friends knew he had been asked to leave. Corrie could have called them at any time if he wanted to.

So at the point of him being asked to leave Flex he wasn't with his friends. My question here would be did Corrie text them to let them know or them him?

From the little we know about what his friends did that night, they went together, stayed together and left in the two cars (or taxis) together. There is nothing to suggest there was any actual contact between Corrie and them at Flex or by text/phone at any point.

Would it be reasonable to expect that either Corrie or one of his friends would text to inform/be informed about the unplanned ejection? Maybe even arrange to meet later in the night?

Preemptive ETA!: I see others are thinking along similar lines here.. The couple of hours before 01:00 is important in all this and isn't really being addressed as much as CCTV from 01:20 on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lolo0123