UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Officer's Club is now Edmundos Restaurant and has been for some time now.

Excellent. Images of Edmundos show the "face" is probably a windows sticker . Thanks, can knock that off the list.

I am also not totally convinced with the answers why Corrie was left to make his way into BSE on his own. If his friends did leave him then surely he would have phoned them and they would have offered to go back for him. Maybe he did.

Again back to flex, if his friends didn't realise he had been asked to leave I find it odd that none of them witnessed this and it begs the question where did they expect he went if suddenly he wasn't there.

It seems a totally odd night out, but I am convinced that whatever happened prior to Corrie leaving the doorway will provide the answer to solving this.

I am still here but also keep getting disconnected :( Tony as confirmed on the fb that it was them who have put the social media of Corries on private someone then asks about POF (plenty of fish) to see if he has been keeping tabs on that as there as been a lot of activity on it day and night and there worried. .... I don't know what this means as ive never used POF x

But with both FB and Instagram being changed to private in the last week or so...

What I don't get is why do it 9 weeks later?

Surely that should have been done straight away?

Although there is of course, the possibility that the police are deliberately withholding information from the family...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a good question to ask on the Facebook page.....

I do feel there is more to everything here. From the family and the Police.

When Tony talks about resources I'm hearing something else. We know, and have been told by the family, more resources have been given the last few weeks. Whatever the problem(s) are it isn't this now.

The POD had two officers assigned to it yet only one turns up initially (late) and doesn't even have keys! This isn't a lack of resources.

People's comments are certainly giving a convincing impression that his "mates" didn't want him around.

Furthermore, living in a "RAF" town myself, often if RAF are out with their superiors (in rank), their superiors word is final. So if one of his mates was also his superior (or let's just say the group, they don't all have to be close friends) and his superior asked him to leave, or perhaps even asked the bouncers to eject him on their behalf, there's a high likelihood that is what would happen. And to Corrie's credit, he's probably going to follow the order. When I worked in a bar, one RAF guy got pretty angry, wouldn't budge, determined he was in the right. But as soon as his superior said "It's time to leave" he was out the door in seconds flat. The other RAF guys stayed and the rest of the night was calm.

Through out all of this, mention and discussion of RAF Honnington has been severely avoided. We are given a few statements and that's it. I'm surprised that, if Corrie has close friends outside of the RAF, those friends aren't setting up their own find corrie websites and stuff, surely they would want to help. As someone else mentioned, maybe he just doesn't have any friends, or has some special ability to lose them. Indicated, perhaps, by the fact he has to or wants to chat with his brother for an hour - friends "replacement", if you will.

Roger, by the time I get back on someone else has made similar comments usually and I had work to do outside anyway so just gave up till now.

People's comments are certainly giving a convincing impression that his "mates" didn't want him around.

As far as I am concerned, I was just working through a possible angle that hadn't [really] been discussed up to now. And let's face it - we're running out of new stuff to talk about.

I do think that what Corrie did in the latter part of the night was likely determined, at least in part, by what happened in the first half and how he felt about it.

I wonder why the family are going "bonkers" ?
What is it they know ?

# The police can't find any evidence of "third party" involvement

# The police haven't said it's impossible to leave the "horse shoe" unseen.

# CCTV is looking for witnesses not suspects (suspect to what ?).

The family are in conflict with police.... and I'm not sure the two parties are exchanging information.

But I wish Tony would say Why he believes there was Third Party involvement ? Does he know something about "that wait" that indicates a third party ??

Before continuing, please take some time to review The Rules Forum.
In particular, the Social Media Thread and the Etiquette & Information Thread.

It is each member's responsibility to become familiar with and post in accordance of Websleuths' Rules and Terms of Service.

PLEASE NOTE:

Corrie's personal Facebook account is set to private. If you have access to it or get in a back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

The tax status of Corrie's car is irrelevant and off limits.

Only updates provided by the admin/family on the Find Corrie Facebook page may be discussed. If you aren't satisfied with the timeliness or contents of their updates, please keep it to yourself.

Visitor comments and posts on that page are off limits, as they are considered rumor. Websleuths does not permit discussion of rumors or gossip. Even if admin/family responds to a visitor post that they will look into the visitor's question/info, it is off limits. Posts referencing such comments tend to grow legs and before you know it, those rumors/speculative comments end up evolving into stated fact.

If you state something as fact, you must provide a link to an approved source (LE, MSM, admin/family on the Find Corrie Facebook page) to back it up. If you can't link it, you can't post it.

If you have a concern about a post or see a post in violation of Websleuths' Rules or TOS, please hit the alert button to report it. Do not quote or reply to the post. If a moderator removes the post, replies are subject to removal as well.

And lastly, please remember that Corrie's family members are victims. Their worlds have been turned upside down and they are desperate to find their loved one. The last thing we want to do is add to their pain. Criticizing them or any aspect of their updates will not be tolerated, and sleuthing their personal social media accounts is strictly against the rules. If you find information they have posted regarding this case on their personal pages, leave it there. Only information they post on the official Find Corrie FB page can be brought into discussion here.

Please post respectfully and responsibly.

:bump:

Several posts have been removed for not adhering to the above in bold.

Please do not discuss comments on Facebook.

Please do not accuse the family of hiding something.

If you do not care for the way they answer (or do not answer) questions on Facebook, keep those thoughts to yourself.

Talk about the case, not the FB page.

Thank you.

Hello everyone, this is my first post so please forgive me if I'm discussing things that have already been discounted.

I've been following this thread for a few weeks and wondered if anyone had any information on the following two points please?

1. Has there been any mention of Corrie losing his keys (car key in particular)? Perhaps this would explain why he chose not to wait in his car on Robert Bobby Way? He was drunk/possibly upset and I don't personally buy into the theory that he didn't want to be caught in his car inebriated; particularly as he had already spent an hour drinking earlier in the evening.

2. Do we know if the police are able to confirm if Corrie had made contact with his colleagues/mates after arriving in Bury that evening? It seems odd to me that he visited two other bars before heading to Flex - surely he could have simply called one of his friends to ask where they were? Personally I find this unusual, unless he was being avoided for some reason - if this is the case, why?

These two things have been playing on my mind and I wondered if anyone else had given these any consideration at all.

These 2 points have been in my mind too. Why has there been no emphasis on his keys? Surely they must be lost too?
In regards to point 2, we know very little about what he did before he was asked to leave the night club.
They must have more cctv of him with his mates or whoever he was with/talking to

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TheTruthWillOut If that was truly 100% the case (I think there is much more to it) then if I was Corrie's family I would call a media PC and put out everything I knew and do the appealing myself.

Why mess around if you truly believe someone has done something bad? ................................ I also agree with this and Cotswoldemmie why oh why if you have 60 thousand people on a fb page who seem very interested into helping anyway possible if your unhappy with investigation you don't say right that's it and take over ive always said my boy went 8 days he was army I didn't give a shhhh*88ttt who I upset or what I said if I had to rip the base upside down I would x

All very easy to say from your armchair but how exactly would you go about that in reality? This thread seems to be heading in a rather worrying direction of victim and family bashing. If any bashing needs to be done it should be of the politicians who have left our police forces with too few resources to carry out proper investigations.

As for all the cries of more information is needed on his character and state of mind in the run up, I'm sue this information has been shared with those who needed, those who don't need it are the 60k on fb and however many are on here. If Corrie by some miracle comes back alive the last thing he'd need is all of his personal information being shared when it doesn't need to be and if all that shows up is a body then no about of dirt dredging at this point would prevent that but would cause significant pain for those involved.

It's too easy to forget this isn't an episode of The Missing, it's a real young man, with friends and family who care about him.

I'm sorry greater than I will be more careful in future and re read the rules sorry to everyone else aswell

But with both FB and Instagram being changed to private in the last week or so...

What I don't get is why do it 9 weeks later?

Surely that should have been done straight away?

They probably got fed up of having 60k facebookers trawling through it and all his info and coming up with crazy conspiracy theories. They've been getting more crazy and more frequent on the site.

These 2 points have been in my mind too. Why has there been no emphasis on his keys? Surely they must be lost too?
In regards to point 2, we know very little about what he did before he was asked to leave the night club.
They must have more cctv of him with his mates or whoever he was with/talking to

I asked this in one of the other threads but I have yet to see anything anywhere that says they are missing. I can only remember the phone and case being mentioned. Obviously he had them earlier in the night but could it be someone took them off him when he arrived in BSE or are they indeed missing.

Furthermore, living in a "RAF" town myself, often if RAF are out with their superiors (in rank), their superiors word is final. So if one of his mates was also his superior (or let's just say the group, they don't all have to be close friends) and his superior asked him to leave, or perhaps even asked the bouncers to eject him on their behalf, there's a high likelihood that is what would happen. And to Corrie's credit, he's probably going to follow the order. When I worked in a bar, one RAF guy got pretty angry, wouldn't budge, determined he was in the right. But as soon as his superior said "It's time to leave" he was out the door in seconds flat. The other RAF guys stayed and the rest of the night was calm.

Through out all of this, mention and discussion of RAF Honnington has been severely avoided. We are given a few statements and that's it. I'm surprised that, if Corrie has close friends outside of the RAF, those friends aren't setting up their own find corrie websites and stuff, surely they would want to help. As someone else mentioned, maybe he just doesn't have any friends, or has some special ability to lose them. Indicated, perhaps, by the fact he has to or wants to chat with his brother for an hour - friends "replacement", if you will.

I share a couple of good friends with Corrie who aren't RAF, they have been posting on their own sm and sharing the findcorrie pages. It's unfair to imply they somehow don't care because they haven't set up pages of their own. There would arguably be little point as they can't feed any information back to police and could damage the investigation. In terms of his RAF friends they can't talk so again unfair to speculate that somehow equates to ill feeling.

Goape I understand first hand yes my son may not of been missing for 9 weeks thank god but he was for 8 days i would never bash the family but when my son disappeared i get very little help and i don't cope very well in stressful situations but if i had say 60 thousand people offering things like searches i would take it areas cant be searched like the forest due to the capacity but i would pick a date get a team together of volunteers and search. That's just me telling you how i felt when my boy went Awol .... I do understand it must be difficult with Nicola been a police officer but like she said herself shes a mum first

Goape I understand first hand yes my son may not of been missing for 9 weeks thank god but he was for 8 days i would never bash the family but when my son disappeared i get very little help and i don't cope very well in stressful situations but if i had say 60 thousand people offering things like searches i would take it areas cant be searched like the forest due to the capacity but i would pick a date get a team together of volunteers and search. That's just me telling you how i felt when my boy went Awol .... I do understand it must be difficult with Nicola been a police officer but like she said herself shes a mum first

I can also sit here and say I would accept a public search but I absolutely could not authorise one, if anything happened to anyone whilst searching (even if only a twisted ankle) or if any evidence was destroyed or damaged or any future case jeopardised that would then all be on my head. The police would never sanction it, someone has to give the OK for private land to be searched, the family cannot do that.

In the video from SkyNews that JamesKing posted a few pages back, Darroch said that Corrie was in good spirits during the phone call and Corrie was looking forward to his night out.

I got the impression that when Darroch answered the question about how Corrie normally got home from a night out that Darroch was saying that if the group had all decided to get a taxi back, then they'd get a taxi back, and if they hadn't made group arrangements then Corrie was capable of figuring out his own way back.

In CCTV1, Corrie looks pretty nonchalant to me. He doesn't look as if he has anger or sadness building inside him, he just looks like he's confidently (albeit a bit drunkenly) focused on finding a place to sit to eat his food.

How big is the Flex club? Could someone go off to the toilets or to the bar and be far enough away from their mates (who are probably talking to each other and a few girls and not looking around them) to leave without anyone noticing? Is there some reason his mates wouldn't just think he'd got off with a girl?

Also, I was thinking back to the thing about Darroch being the one to get the message that Corrie was missing...could that have been a message on the home phone that he picked up while Nicola was at work? Could it have been a Facebook message...maybe he's FB friends with a couple of lads at the base, or he was just the first family member to pick up the FB private message, which Nicola didn't check first due to her being at work?

I asked this in one of the other threads but I have yet to see anything anywhere that says they are missing. I can only remember the phone and case being mentioned. Obviously he had them earlier in the night but could it be someone took them off him when he arrived in BSE or are they indeed missing.

I've never seen a mention of his wallet or keys, no description except the keys are with others and obviously BMW keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper