UK - Daniel Duffield 24, Lauren Evans 22, found deceased in there home, ‘murder probe’, 25 June 2024

But the latest reports are saying his current girlfriend is the poor girl who died in the house with him.
The ex / current-gf stuff is highly confusing. I guess it will be cleared up in the next few days but sounds like the ex is deceased and the most recent gf alive, but honestly who knows at this point and the neighbours may be mixed up too.

I’m waiting to see what’s happened, as I see the “men’s mental health” comments but it wouldn’t be my go-to quote if the man in question was suspected of having committed murder rather than just taking his own life… perhaps just me.
Lots and lots of articles and posts about him but I haven't found much about her at all. I understand that's probably because he was known from a show but feeling a bit uncomfortable with the posts about his mental health but zero about her.

Trying to not be insensitive here when nothing has been confirmed.

Because they owned the house together, maybe they were still living together. They were broken up but he could have had a new girlfriend that showed up and discovered the scene.
I think that was the original assumption, given that a neighbour said she'd seen his current girlfriend outside the property after the tragedy.
However, the latest reports state that the other victim was his current girlfriend.

Latest news report from Daily Mail

I think that was the original assumption, given that a neighbour said she'd seen his current girlfriend outside the property after the tragedy.
However, the latest reports state that the other victim was his current girlfriend.

Latest news report from Daily Mail
She was in recent pictures on his SM and also in the profile pic on IG.

Who was? His ex or his current girlfriend? Given that he was living with his ex, but had a girlfriend is confusing. Whatever the circumstances, it's an absolute tragedy for all involved.
His current girlfriend. The pics are from roughly two weeks ago. She also made a post on her TikTok on June 14, saying how they were going through hard times, but wouldn't be where they were if they gave up.

I'm thinking perhaps he had PSTD or something similar.

There’s a post on fb from what looks like one of his friends (which I doubt I’ll be able to post a screenshot of here) where they refer to a “letter” he posted on instagram just before he was discovered.
There is no post containing the letter on his IG. His friend mentioned a letter in the DM article linked previously, though they did not say where the letter was found:

Paying tribute, AG, 24, who was at school with Daniel in both primary and secondary, said: 'He was genuinely a good lad and it is very upsetting to read his final letter.

There is no post containing the letter on his IG. His friend mentioned a letter in the DM article linked previously, though they did not say where the letter was found:

Paying tribute, AG, 24, who was at school with Daniel in both primary and secondary, said: 'He was genuinely a good lad and it is very upsetting to read his final letter.
My takeaway was that it might have been posted on his IG story which will be gone by now as it’s been over 24 hours since it would have been posted. Or if it was set to some sort of private setting?
I don’t use it all that much.

JMO

From his childhood friend:

'People need to be aware of men's mental health and understand the consequences of what can happen. I especially think those working in emergency services need more support.'

They wouldn't have said that now if this was double murder.

His cousin Becky Simcox also shared her grief with several touching posts on Facebook. In one she expressed: "Absolutely can't believe I'm writing this my cousin has lost his battle with mental health today, you did not deserve any of this you was the most kind hearted, hardworking lad. Love and miss you always RIP Dan".

‘Lost his battle with mental health’ suggests he killed himself

He loses all sympathy from me though If it’s the case he took down his ex girlfriend to

Kill yourself by all means and I’ll have huge sympathy for your struggles

It’s very strange - particularly that a lot of the reports are saying ‘double murder’ and the focus on him as a victim and limited detail about Lauren (I know probably because he was once on tv). It has made me wonder if it was a double suicide pact, murder-suicide but him as the victim, or if they were in fact murdered.

I really don't think they were both murdered.

This is a comment from a friend of Daniel's

You seemed happy, even though you were not. And I keep replaying the last few months wondering if I could've done more. So this is everybody's reminder that a smile can hide so much pain. Please check in on your mates regularly. I know we all pretend we live important busy lives but really, nothing is more important than the people around us.

And there's this:
Staffordshire Police have referred the incident to the Independent Office for Police Conduct due to recent police contact

IF this is murder/suicide I find a lot of the comments on social media quite distasteful. Some saying he wouldn't hurt a fly, etc.....
If someone wants to kill themselves that's up to them but taking someone else with you is inexcusable.

IF this is murder/suicide I find a lot of the comments on social media quite distasteful. Some saying he wouldn't hurt a fly, etc.....
If someone wants to kill themselves that's up to them but taking someone else with you is inexcusable.
100% agree with you - that’s basically what my post was saying.

Imagine being her family in this situation IF he has killed her seeing all these positive comments regarding him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back