UK - Daniel Duffield 24, Lauren Evans 22, found deceased in there home, ‘murder probe’, 25 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I echo the sentiments above that all the comments/eulogies about Daniel don't sit right given that Lauren's death is being treated as a murder and they are not looking for any other suspects.
I can’t imagine how upsetting it has been for Lauren’s family to see all the coverage in the press focusing on the tragedy of his death.

I 100% agree that the posts with praise and tributes for Duffield were very strange. I think they may have resulted from the lack of public information about the case so that people thought it might have been something other than what it obviously was.

I honestly think the police could have released a statement with what had happened here sooner than they have done and even now this is all being reported very vaguely. I wanted to say this earlier but was waiting for more information to express this opinion. I don’t like to be too critical of the police but a number of times I have seen them be very slow with press releases when I can’t really see why and this is one of them. It’s not that I demand information that’s none of my business and I realise matters are proceeding, but let’s make it clear what’s happened in a case like this as soon as possible for everyone’s sake.

I’m not really interested in hearing “mental health” comments about a murderer either. This guy’s main issue was evidently being violent towards someone else. Let’s have more comments about something wrong in your own life is not any reason to take anyone else’s life, whether you’re male or female, and whether you’re in a relationship with them or not. You simply don’t have the right.

The tributes for Daniel had me thinking this was something other than the obvious murder-suicide, but apparently not. I suspect people weren't in possession of the full facts when posting their tributes...I hope that's the case anyway, otherwise it feels very very wrong.

The tributes for Daniel had me thinking this was something other than the obvious murder-suicide, but apparently not. I suspect people weren't in possession of the full facts when posting their tributes...I hope that's the case anyway, otherwise it feels very very wrong.
Even very early on in the tributes from people who knew him, they were posting about how he put a suicide letter on instagram before they were found (which is what prompted the police to attend the property in the first place), and about how sad it was that he just couldn't handle his mental health anymore. I feel like it was easy for people to put two and two together, if it was a double suicide would the police have said murder at any point? If murder was involved but one party had put a suicide note, then murder-suicide seemed evident. Maybe that's common sense to those of us who frequent these types of sites and maybe not the general public. Or maybe the fact he was known for being a nice guy on TV made people think he couldn't be violent and couldn't have hurt her?

I just felt for Lauren and her family the whole time. If people knew what happened early but still chose to pay him tributes and not to her, I just don't understand the world.

This case is all the more tragic because they both had careers in caring for others. It appears that their relationship was quite turbulent, but I'm guessing that nobody could've predicted this outcome.
It'll be interesting to find out what the police involvement was before the tragedy.
I agree with others that, however much you are suffering with mental health issues, nothing justifies killing someone.

I think a journalist out there needs to do a deep-dive on the very strange police comms on this case. What was the hesitation? Duffield’s job? The fact he was on TV?

The lack of proper control of the narrative has created a strange vacuum of information such that when the police announced a week or so ago that they “weren’t looking for anyone else,” lots of people online obviously thought this a suicide pact, which is in fact very rare, especially for people so young.

All signs point to this being domestic violence taken to its extreme, what’s the element that delayed this being made clear?

I 100% agree that the posts with praise and tributes for Duffield were very strange. I think they may have resulted from the lack of public information about the case so that people thought it might have been something other than what it obviously was.

I honestly think the police could have released a statement with what had happened here sooner than they have done and even now this is all being reported very vaguely. I wanted to say this earlier but was waiting for more information to express this opinion. I don’t like to be too critical of the police but a number of times I have seen them be very slow with press releases when I can’t really see why and this is one of them. It’s not that I demand information that’s none of my business and I realise matters are proceeding, but let’s make it clear what’s happened in a case like this as soon as possible for everyone’s sake.

I’m not really interested in hearing “mental health” comments about a murderer either. This guy’s main issue was evidently being violent towards someone else. Let’s have more comments about something wrong in your own life is not any reason to take anyone else’s life, whether you’re male or female, and whether you’re in a relationship with them or not. You simply don’t have the right.
Is very common here in Australia to have the friends and relatives of a DV murderer being described as a “good bloke”, obviously he wasn’t because he murdered his wife/gf and sometimes also the children
We are sitting on 48 victims at the moment and nothing changes
Go in peace Lauren, so much promise now gone

It seems to be becoming worryingly common across the globe. The coverage made me so uncomfortable from the start. Lauren was barely mentioned, referred to as a 'body' found beside him. I can't imagine how her family must have felt reading the coverage. I hope more comes out about the police handling of this and Lauren is more fairly portrayed. It seems to be shifting a little but even the mention of the inquest describes him as a 'reality star' and feels in someway bias. Being a 'star' makes no difference. (article mentioned above by Stilldigging):

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back