UK UK - Donald Chalmers, 88, Aberdeen, last seen at home, evening, 2 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder where he could've gone to where he wouldn't be discovered for more than 2 years. An 88 year old isn't likely to go too far off the beaten track.
I wonder if his accident involved water. Did he get to close down by the sea, fall in and noone noticed?
And in January too, in Aberdeen, the sea would've felt freezing. I bet cardiac arrest from cold water shock likely happened immediately.
To be honest I wonder why they thought he had travelled to the beach promenade in the first place? It's winter, it's dark, it's colder. Down by the beach would have been especially chilly with the north sea wind. New moon although dry weather. There is very little information as to how they came to this conclusion? They don't mention a witness nor bus CCTV footage. Or how he travelled to the beach promenade. I'm just assuming bus. Too far to walk. Searches were at the promenade, footdee and harbour. Why not westhill? And the route he would have travelled?
I know older adults like routine and yes he could have just gone for his usual walk but on the 2nd of January I'm not sure what all is open down that way at that time especially if the area was recovering from COVID measures i.e. were businesses fully up and running to cover late opening hours etc.
There was no mention of a family member either. I dunno just seems that 2 years on he's been forgotten.

To be honest I wonder why they thought he had travelled to the beach promenade in the first place? It's winter, it's dark, it's colder. Down by the beach would have been especially chilly with the north sea wind. New moon although dry weather. There is very little information as to how they came to this conclusion? They don't mention a witness nor bus CCTV footage. Or how he travelled to the beach promenade. I'm just assuming bus. Too far to walk. Searches were at the promenade, footdee and harbour. Why not westhill? And the route he would have travelled?
I know older adults like routine and yes he could have just gone for his usual walk but on the 2nd of January I'm not sure what all is open down that way at that time especially if the area was recovering from COVID measures i.e. were businesses fully up and running to cover late opening hours etc.
There was no mention of a family member either. I dunno just seems that 2 years on he's been forgotten.
I agree , I have a lot of family still in Aberdeen and I bet not one of them has heard about Donald going missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back