UK UK- Elizabeth Parravincina/Parravicini, 27, amateur actress, fatally struck from behind w blunt instrument, as she walked on Osterley Rd, 9 Sept. 1977

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score

Elizabeth Parravincina
Elizabeth Parravincina (or Parravicini), a victim of unsolved murder in Osterley on 9 September 1977.png
Parravincina, c. January–September 1977
Born1949 or 1950
England
DiedSeptember 9, 1977 (age 27)
Outside Parklands flats, Osterley Road, Osterley, London, England
17px-WMA_button2b.png
51.47985899872692°N 0.34325532651077356°W
Cause of deathBlunt force trauma
Other namesElizabeth Parravicini, Elizabeth Graham (maiden name)[37]
OccupationAmateur actress[37]
Parent
  • George Graham[37] (father)

''The site of Elizabeth Parravincina's murder on 9 September 1977, pictured in 2022. As Parravincina walked towards the Parklands flats where she lived (on the left of the image), she was suddenly struck from behind with a blunt instrument
In the early hours of 9 September 1977, almost two years to the day since the death of Lynne Weedon, 27-year-old Elizabeth Parravincina (sometimes[37][38][39][40] spelled Elizabeth Parravicini[41][42]) was murdered only 1 mile away from the site of Weedon's attack.[37][42] The murders occurred in similar circumstances, and it was immediately announced that the killings of Weedon and Parravincina could be linked.[37][43] Just as in the case with Weedon, Parravincina had walked home late at night along the Great West Road before turning right into Osterley Road, where she was attacked.[42][37] Having walked past St Mary's Church and the playing fields of Isleworth Grammar School (now Isleworth and Syon School) she drew level with the driveway of the private Parkfield Housing Estate where she lived, when she was suddenly attacked from behind my a man who hit her with a blunt instrument, as in Weedon's killing.[44][37] Parravincina's skull was likewise instantly fractured and the killer similarly dragged her body away from the street and into shrubbery.[43][40] Although in Parravincina's case there was no sign of sexual interference, detectives believed that Elizabeth's attacker had been disturbed and had fled before interfering with her body.[43]

Similarly to Eve Stratford, Parravincina was blonde and described as "a very striking woman".[43][37] In the aftermath of the murder, the Metropolitan Police themselves said that there may have been a link to Weedon's killing, stating: "There are similarities with the murder of Lynne Weedon which are being considered".[43]

A large police hunt was launched in response to Parravincini's murder, and a photofit picture of a suspect was released, leading to more than 60 calls being made to police by the public.[41] In January 1978 the lead detective, Detective Chief Superintendent Chris Draycott, said that there were "quite a few possibles which are being worked on at the moment".[41]

In 1983 it was revealed that detectives had interviewed a jailed policeman as part of an inquiry into the murders of three women, including Weedon and Parravincina.[40] The policeman, Paul Thomas, had been jailed for five and a half years for sex crimes, and was said to have "led a secret life of kinky sex, terrorising schoolgirls".[40] He reportedly prowled the streets in the area at night wearing a hood and dark clothes.[40] He was also known to have harassed women with anonymous phone calls, as Stratford was in the weeks before she was killed.[40] Thomas was interviewed after his arrest for the other crimes, and was questioned routinely about the death of Elizabeth Parravincina.[40] However, he was reported to have produced "a satisfactory alibi".[40]

In 2007, when the DNA link between Stratford and Weedon's killings was discovered, it was reported that detectives expected DNA to also reveal a link to Parravincina's murder.[45] Scotland Yard were quoted as saying "a serial killer was probably on the loose".[45]''

Possibly associated murders.

Last edited:

November 3, 1977

This planned reconstruction of the last hour of Elizabeth's life by the police seems to have either not gained enough interest from the media or the info is hidden.
In fact there has been very little press interest since and no info of any police reviews of her case that we have found while researching her case on websleuths.

20230217_225715.jpg

Photofit was made by and supplied by police for the purposes of the public being able to identify the killer and therefore should not belong to the paper or be copyrighted.

This is from what it says, a identikit made from witnesses who saw him near Osterley underground station and where EP was murdered. The description if not the picture is very similar to the description of the man seen in the street of Eve Stratford possibly following her home and outside her home at around the time the killer left. It's also a similar description to suspects in some other murders and an attack that has been under discussion on Eve Stratford's thread. Lynne Weedon and Eve Stratford have been proven by DNA to have been killed by the same unknown killer. Police in this newspaper article and many others have stated they believe that the person who killed Lynne Weedon also Elizabeth Parravicini, it was only in I believe 2008, articles referred to for that on Eve's thread, that Eve and Lynne were linked to the same murderer so before that the police etc mainly mention Lynne only.

Both murders took place late evening/night/early hours and both took place just off the Great West Road in Hackney. It was only a 6 minute drive between where they were killed. Both were bludgeoned and the murder weapon believed to be a hammer or crowbar, sometimes referred to as an option bar. The police believe that Elizabeth's jeans were so tight that the killer struggled to remove them and was possibly disturbed so they believed it to be sexual.

Described as twenty five to thirty five and 5ft 6" - 5ft 8" tall with a broken nose, dark hair and stocky

None of the other descriptions mention a broken nose, but at the same time none of them show a straight, narrow nose, they all show the nose as either knobbly or a little bulbous or spread out, could this mean that the break wasn't that pronounced as in this identikit? Or his nose was broken after killing Lynne and Eve in 1975? Whatever it might be it's not that often photofit are amazing, look at all the photofits of Sutcliffe and the Golden State Killer for instance, they vary widely. Anyway maybe just my opinion, but I don't think identikit pictures should be totally trusted.

Google maps picture showing how close the sites of the murders of Lynne and Elizabeth were.

20230218_162959.jpg20230217_225715.jpg

Last edited:

Elizabeth Parravincina
Elizabeth Parravincina (or Parravicini), a victim of unsolved murder in Osterley on 9 September 1977.png
Parravincina, c. January–September 1977
Born1949 or 1950
England
DiedSeptember 9, 1977 (age 27)
Outside Parklands flats, Osterley Road, Osterley, London, England
17px-WMA_button2b.png
51.47985899872692°N 0.34325532651077356°W
Cause of deathBlunt force trauma
Other namesElizabeth Parravicini, Elizabeth Graham (maiden name)[37]
OccupationAmateur actress[37]
Parent
  • George Graham[37] (father)

''The site of Elizabeth Parravincina's murder on 9 September 1977, pictured in 2022. As Parravincina walked towards the Parklands flats where she lived (on the left of the image), she was suddenly struck from behind with a blunt instrument
In the early hours of 9 September 1977, almost two years to the day since the death of Lynne Weedon, 27-year-old Elizabeth Parravincina (sometimes[37][38][39][40] spelled Elizabeth Parravicini[41][42]) was murdered only 1 mile away from the site of Weedon's attack.[37][42] The murders occurred in similar circumstances, and it was immediately announced that the killings of Weedon and Parravincina could be linked.[37][43] Just as in the case with Weedon, Parravincina had walked home late at night along the Great West Road before turning right into Osterley Road, where she was attacked.[42][37] Having walked past St Mary's Church and the playing fields of Isleworth Grammar School (now Isleworth and Syon School) she drew level with the driveway of the private Parkfield Housing Estate where she lived, when she was suddenly attacked from behind my a man who hit her with a blunt instrument, as in Weedon's killing.[44][37] Parravincina's skull was likewise instantly fractured and the killer similarly dragged her body away from the street and into shrubbery.[43][40] Although in Parravincina's case there was no sign of sexual interference, detectives believed that Elizabeth's attacker had been disturbed and had fled before interfering with her body.[43]

Similarly to Eve Stratford, Parravincina was blonde and described as "a very striking woman".[43][37] In the aftermath of the murder, the Metropolitan Police themselves said that there may have been a link to Weedon's killing, stating: "There are similarities with the murder of Lynne Weedon which are being considered".[43]

A large police hunt was launched in response to Parravincini's murder, and a photofit picture of a suspect was released, leading to more than 60 calls being made to police by the public.[41] In January 1978 the lead detective, Detective Chief Superintendent Chris Draycott, said that there were "quite a few possibles which are being worked on at the moment".[41]

In 1983 it was revealed that detectives had interviewed a jailed policeman as part of an inquiry into the murders of three women, including Weedon and Parravincina.[40] The policeman, Paul Thomas, had been jailed for five and a half years for sex crimes, and was said to have "led a secret life of kinky sex, terrorising schoolgirls".[40] He reportedly prowled the streets in the area at night wearing a hood and dark clothes.[40] He was also known to have harassed women with anonymous phone calls, as Stratford was in the weeks before she was killed.[40] Thomas was interviewed after his arrest for the other crimes, and was questioned routinely about the death of Elizabeth Parravincina.[40] However, he was reported to have produced "a satisfactory alibi".[40]

In 2007, when the DNA link between Stratford and Weedon's killings was discovered, it was reported that detectives expected DNA to also reveal a link to Parravincina's murder.[45] Scotland Yard were quoted as saying "a serial killer was probably on the loose".[45]''
I realise they state on wikipedia that EP was walking towards the corner flats where she lived and that's not true, she may have lived there at some time, but lived in Italy at the time of her death and was staying with family at The Grove.

'Student-teacher Caroline Harris-Reed was murdered in the flat she was sharing with a 22-year-old nurse. Police issued an artist's impression of the perpetrator, who forced his way into the property before holding the two young women at knifepoint and stabbing Miss Harris-Reed (who was also 22) to death.'

What it doesn't say is her friend who's flat who's home it was, was also there, Caroline was visiting and not living there. The nurse, only named Miss Osborne in this piece, survived after hours of the perp playing with them, at knifepoint, forcing them to kiss and act out what sounds like *advertiser censored* on each other for his entertainment. Miss Osborne faked a heart attack and was left unharmed.

The Daily Telegraph​

London, Greater London, England · Tuesday, April 21, 1981

Reproducing identikit made by and provided by the police to catch the perp and therefore not belonging to Daily Telegraph. The description given of the killer is that he had hamster like cheeks, light brown hair, a pronounced belly hanging over his trousers, 25 - 30, 5ft 6". Wore dark trousers, white t shirt, oatmeal tweed jacket with rounded lapels and no flaps on pockets.

The friends had been expecting a third friend to show up, a male, when the flat buzzer went they thought it was him, when speaking on the intercom the man's only reply was "hello" and he was buzzed in. According to this press release the police felt he may have been a peeping tom.
Screenshot_20230225-120523_Chrome.jpg

The description of him and picture reminds me of the person caught on CCTV entering Joy Hewer.

I have checked a few other press releases and someone was arrested and taken to court which I'll share something of.

Edit* I forgot to say that his nose was misshapen, his left nostril was very small.

Last edited:
Could this be connected? I can't stand any trace of it elsewhere.

The Sunday People
London, London, England . Sunday, April 12, 1981

In this piece the identikit picture has been made and provided by Scotland Yard, the murderer's hair is now described as mousey and his trousers grey.

It's stated the young ladies were forced to strip at knifepoint and enact his sexual fantasies while he ranted of those fantasies.

Caroline was invited to stay at Catherine Osborne's flat / bedsit for Easter and Catherine it says was scared to sleep there alone.

Photo of Caroline would have been provided by the police to help search for witnesses and killer, I can't see how it would belong to The Sunday People.

20230225_125414.jpg

In

Could this be connected? I can't stand any trace of it elsewhere.

Screenshot_20230225-133634_Chrome.jpg
Another photo of Caroline.

I have found a few pieces saying the intercom was actually broken so no idea where the person replying hello came into things.
The building was being renovated in flats, was only partly filled and one of the tenants was away. Also the flatmate of the surviving lady was away working that night.

Bucks Examiner
April 18, 1981

Last edited:
View attachment 405425
Another photo of Caroline.

I have found a few pieces saying the intercom was actually broken so no idea where the person replying hello came into things.
The building was being renovated in flats, was only partly filled and one of the tenants was away. Also the flatmate of the surviving lady was away working that night.

Bucks Examiner
April 18, 1981

Sketch is a great find

Bucks Examiner
May 14, 1982

Caroline was found on the bedroom floor lying on her back, she was covered with a tweed coat and bloodstained hands had positioned her.
Caroline wasn't raped

The third person meant to have been to have join ladies arrived after the killer, the killer being mistakenly let in as they thought it was their friend arriving. Tried buzzing, calling a few times on the phone as well as throwing stones at the window, none of which seemed to perturb the killer.

Trial of 21 year old Frank Harvey of South Lambeth Road ( which is also where Caroline was murdered) opened the week of this press release and he denied the charge.

Anything further posted about Caroline I will put on her own thread, now she has one. I got as far as there being a retrial for Frank Harvey as the jury couldn't make up their mind the first time, I am guessing he got off in the second trial or this wouldn't be a cold case. The surviving lady picked him.out immediately and confidently in a police line up remained determined it was him, I can't recall if it was the judge that pointed out, that lady spent 2 hours in the company of the perpetrator, (face to face, up close, listening to him talk, seeing how he moved, facial expressions etc etc) it was I believe, mainly down to this evidence the jury had to decide if he was guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NancyChancy
Back