GUILTY UK - Elsie Scully-Hicks, 18 mos, murdered, Llandaff, Cardiff, 25 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Sallyla

Reaction score
This trial began today @ Cardiff Crown Court. Report in the Mail here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-daughter.html

Really horrific and very sad case. I have a feeling this one may be as big as Baby P and certainly as bad as that case for social services/medics involved. Her adoptive father Matthew Scully-Hicks (one of the two gay men who adopted her as a couple) is on trial for her murder.

Timeline for Elsie:

September 2015. Shortly afterwards Scully-Hicks was sending messages describing her as 'Satan in a babygro' and 'a psycho' . He was heard screaming at the child by neighbours calling her a '****' and a '****ing brat' and telling her to 'shut the **** up'.

November 2015: Leg broken in two places at home while alone with Scully. This did not ring alarm bells at the time but on reexamination after her death was declared probably non-accidental.

December 2015: Elsie gets a bad bruise to her head on the 16th. This is spotted by a Health Visitor on the 21st who advises Scully-Hicks to have it treated and he lies and says he has done.

January 2016: Elsie has another bruise to her head.

March 2016: Elsie is taken to hospital by ambulance after 'falling down the stairs'. Discharged from hospital.

May 2016: Elsie collapses while in the sole care of Scully-Hicks and later dies in hospital. She is found to have recent and previous bleeds to her brain, probably caused by shaking. She suffered catastrophic brain injuries and retinal haemorrhages. Also she had injuries to her skull, left femur and three ribs inflicted 3-5 days before her death. All non-accidental.

Looking back at the traces of what remains of their social media, her older sibling (a boy aged 3 at the time of her death, who Scully-Hicks intends to blame for her injuries) was also visiting hospital semi-regularly for what also sounds like 'accidents' in late September 2015 and January 2016.

So really with this catalogue of injuries red flags should have been raised but weren't.

Going to be interesting to see how this one pans out. Cardiff Social Services seem to have been trying to gag reporting by playing the 'protecting the sibling' card and there also seems to be a suggestion that members of the birth family may have wanted custody but adoption was forced. Perhaps there is going to be a similar theme to Rotherham Social Services where the desire to be PC trumped the welfare of the child?

Will be following this one closely.

<modsnip>

I have a grandson the same age as this poor child was. He is living happily with his Mum and Dad who love him. Thinking of Shayla at the same age doing the same things having to trust unsuitable people makes my heart bleed. No wonder she was &#8216;difficult&#8217;. She was obviously frightened and wary.

Sorry, editing post as read properly now. It’s a really sad story.

Interesting...the other 'Dad' gave his testimony by videolink. That usually happens when the witness is in prison. So presumably he had already been jailed for not alerting the authorities to the injuries? Because he would have had a fuller picture than anybody.

Also further to testimony today there was a third bruise to her head on October which was seen by social workers.

Yes ..... I've been wondering about the 'why' behind the video link too &#55358;&#56596;. From Day 1 of the trial, I've noticed that Working Dad was not mentioned to be in court to support Non-Working Dad at his trial.

I don’t think her other parent has faced any charges from what I’ve read? I wonder if it’s to do with protecting his other child.

I don’t think her other parent has faced any charges from what I’ve read? I wonder if it’s to do with protecting his other child.

Saw a photo of Elsie/Shayla in one of the papers. It was late and I was tired. She had a little hand knitted cardigan on and was smiling. I felt tearful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You may have a point there!

But both the parents&#8217; names, occupations etc are published. Does it matter any further that he doesn&#8217;t testify in person to protect Elise&#8217;s sibling?

They've released transcripts of the various 999 calls he made. It's really upsetting as the poor little thing clearly really suffered. She was crying and vomiting blood. I have twins about the same age and find it very upsetting.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.da...r-accused-murder-said-daughter-went-limp.html

Surely the other father doesn't still have custody of the other adopted child? It seems impossible he noticed nothing.

If he didn't appear in person I would assume he's either in jail or has moved abroad. I know they had links in Portugal. If it's because he still has custody that's pretty appalling.

They've released transcripts of the various 999 calls he made. It's really upsetting as the poor little thing clearly really suffered. She was crying and vomiting blood. I have twins about the same age and find it very upsetting.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.da...r-accused-murder-said-daughter-went-limp.html

Surely the other father doesn't still have custody of the other adopted child? It seems impossible he noticed nothing.

If he didn't appear in person I would assume he's either in jail or has moved abroad. I know they had links in Portugal. If it's because he still has custody that's pretty appalling.

My grandson is exactly the same age. Inquisitive, full of energy, cries when someone also has a biscuit! All very normal. That poor poor little girl. And I gather her natural Mum and family didn’t want her to be adopted. What on Earth are they feeling?

I’m sure Elsie’s sibling is with their Dad. As far as I can see he has faced no charge so there is no reason to assume that his child has been removed from his care.

He got 18 years. I haven't followed this case as too upsetting but the verdict has made the news. Doesn't sound enough from what scant details I know.

He got 18 years. I haven't followed this case as too upsetting but the verdict has made the news. Doesn't sound enough from what scant details I know.

No it’s not long is it? Having had some experience of ‘Social Services’ and Health Visitors many years ago whom I approached thinking they could help with my unsatisfactory Housing I apportion a lot of the blame to them. Apparently the Elsie was ‘forcibly adopted’ and taken away from her mother. The biological Grandma’s Victim Impact Statement was not read in Court. And Craig had ‘relatives in the local social services who suggested the couple adopt’. Details of the case are sketchy. There’s going to be an investigation and he’ll try to Appeal. Such a can of worms!

Elsie needs a photo for her thread:

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F277a51be-c2f7-11e7-9914-a38dcc178fcd.jpg

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ted-of-murdering-adopted-baby-elsie-n8psg9qgw

Apparently the Elsie was &#8216;forcibly adopted&#8217; and taken away from her mother.

If she was forcibly adopted at before 18 months there must have been very serious concerns over the biological mother.

If anything, social services tend to leave children too long with inadequate parents so that when the child is eventually taken into care they are very often damaged beyond "repair".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back