UK - Fawziyah Javed, 31, pregnant, fell from cliff, Edinburgh, 2 Sep 2021 *husband charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The High Court in Edinburgh heard that Ms Javed died from multiple injuries.
The court was told an assessment was made by mountain rescue services from the spot the expectant mother fell from and where the first impact occurred when she landed on the hillside. Jurors heard the distance was between 40 and 50ft (15m).

Ms Javed, about 17 weeks pregnant when she was pushed from Arthur's Seat, used her dying words to reveal it was her abusive husband who caused her to fall about 50ft before her body came to a rest.

Daniyah Rafique, 24, managed to reach the dying employment lawyer on the side of the hill, where she was told: "Don't let my husband near me, he pushed me."

Police Constable Rhiannon Clutton, 35, was told by Ms Javed that her husband did it because she "told him I wanted to end (the marriage)".

Fawziyah Javed <i>(Image: Submitted)</i>

Fawziyah Javed, 31, who lived in Pudsey, and her unborn child died after she was pushed from Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh, in September 2021.

Kashif Anwar, 29, from Leeds, was found guilty of the murder after a trial at the High Court in Edinburgh.

He was given a life sentence and ordered to serve at least 20 years behind bars.

A two-part Channel 4 documentary called The Push was granted rare access to film the trial at the High Court.

The Push - created by Farsley-based TV production company Candour Productions - will air on Sunday and Monday at 9pm on Channel 4.

During the documentary, Fawziyah's grieving mum Yasmin Javed said: "That life that I had, that's gone, it's finished.

"Fawziyah was our life, our world, our everything.

"Everyone fell in love with her.

"At the age of eight she wanted to become a lawyer.

"She stood for fun, fairness and justice."

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Fawziyah, 31, and her unborn child died after she was pushed from Arthur’s Seat by her husband

Fawziyah Javed <i>(Image: Submitted)</i>

Fawziyah Javed, 31, who lived in Pudsey, and her unborn child died after she was pushed from Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh, in September 2021.

Kashif Anwar, 29, from Leeds, was found guilty of the murder after a trial at the High Court in Edinburgh.

He was given a life sentence and ordered to serve at least 20 years behind bars.

A two-part Channel 4 documentary called The Push was granted rare access to film the trial at the High Court.

The Push - created by Farsley-based TV production company Candour Productions - will air on Sunday and Monday at 9pm on Channel 4.

During the documentary, Fawziyah's grieving mum Yasmin Javed said: "That life that I had, that's gone, it's finished.

"Fawziyah was our life, our world, our everything.

"Everyone fell in love with her.

"At the age of eight she wanted to become a lawyer.

"She stood for fun, fairness and justice."

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Fawziyah, 31, and her unborn child died after she was pushed from Arthur’s Seat by her husband

i hope he has the worst possible time in prison... and i hope that after this life, we get to continue in some way with all the love we carry....

The mother of a pregnant woman who was pushed off a cliff by her husband is to visit the scene of her murder for the first time to unveil a memorial.

Yasmin Javed said the bench in her daughter Fawziyah's name at Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh would be a lasting tribute to "all women" killed by abusive partners.

I cried when I read about the bench. I'm going to visit the bench and pay my respects. Her mum has shown such strength.

Edited as i was mistaken about where the bench is

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eveirs
Back