UK UK - Finn Creaney, 32, dropped off Loch Naver, Sutherland to start hillwalking route, 25 Mar 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hadn't heard of Finn before but I was watching the live show Vanished last night and it mentioned him.

Hearing his story reminded me of Tony Parsons and sadly his ending was a very heartbreaking, tragic end. And I can't help but wonder (even though every case is different) if poor Finn ended up in a similar manner.

I feel sorry for his dad doing those constant hikes and camping, trying to find his son.

The only consolation for his loved ones must be knowing that he went missing doing something he LOVED, in an area he LOVED. I hope he's found one day. I'm curious as someone mentioned above also, how far along the sniffer dogs went.

I'm curious how boggy the areas he went are and what the weather was like at that point in time?

Last edited:
Just watching BBC Scotland now, and their ‘Highland Cops’ program is featuring Finn’s disappearance. Interesting as it was filmed at the time, not retrospectively.
Thanks for pointing this out. I've just watched it.

Interesting to see things from a bit more of an insider perspective rather than via the media. I don't think there was a lot of new information though.
I noticed it mentioned that he was classed as high risk. (During interview with officer who is coordinating the search from a "nearby hotel") I can't tell from the clip when that classification was made but I think it was as soon as he was reported missing.

Another comment I picked up on, which may be related, was towards the end of the program. Day 4 or 5 into the search and the officer in charge is discussing when to call off the search. He says that there is still some hope due to Finn's character: "we know the character. He's a survivor in many many respects of his life". There's no additional information given for what the second part of that quote actually refers to. Maybe just his various YouTube/teachings about survival skills but seems odd choice of words if meaning that?

PLEASE SHARE TO AS MANY GROUPS AND PLACES AS POSSIBLE

We want to be reunited with Finn as soon as possible!! It's been nearly 6 months since Finn was last seen and there is still NO TRACE! People DON'T Just disappear.

Finn was of sound mind and the happiest he's been when last seen so this disappearance is unexplainable and we want answers‼️‼️

Last seen 25th March 2022 at 3.40PM Loch Naver on B873 public road in sutherland

He is described as 5ft 11in tall, of slim build, with light complexion and freckles on his arms and nose. He has long brown hair down to his lower back and a full brown/ginger beard.
He's wearing a long brown leather jacket slightly aged and its a replica of Aragorns ranger outfit from LOTR. He also has a green wool poncho and green Berghaus rugsack with him, he's also wearing brown walking boots going above the ankle *UPDATE* He is also wearing 1 Stark wolf Cuff on his arm.

“Anyone who may have seen Finn or have any information at all is urged to contact Search for Finn Creaney FB Page OR Police Scotland on 101/speak to any officer quoting reference 0912 of 28 March.”

I hope Finn will be found and his family will find some answers as to what happened to him. I can't fathom him going on a "challenge" hike 2 days before (UK) Mother's Day with a 7 months pregnant wife and young child at home and just disappearing, IMO, with his wife stating (BBM above) "Finn was of sound mind and the happiest he's been when last seen".

Regarding the statement (BBM above) "*UPDATE* He is also wearing 1 Stark wolf Cuff on his arm", I didn't know exactly what a "stark wolf" was. When I looked it up, there were several references to it being one of the extinct, large prehistoric "dire wolves" Dire wolf - Wikipedia and the stark (dire) wolf being a fictional character that was included in the Game of Thrones storyline Game of Thrones Stark Wolf Hand Made Leather Lace up Arm Cuff - Etsy.

There was also this, which seems somewhat haunting, IMO:

"In "Dire Wolf," Dead frontman Jerry Garcia sings about waking up to find a dire wolf, "six hundred pounds of sin," at his window. He invites the wolf in and plays cards with him. When he cuts the deck at the Queen of Spades, he finds "the cards were all the same."

The song never explains the significance of the Queen of Spades, but Dead lyricist Robert Hunter once stated that it is the "card of death," which means every card in the deck was a card of death. In short, the narrator is dead, as insinuated early in the song.

I sat down to my supper, 'twas a bottle of red whisky
I said my prayers and went to bed, that's the last they saw of me

Hunter verified that interpretation, stating that the narrator "is the shadow of the man in the song who is dead at this point. It's a song by a ghost.""

ShieldSquare Captcha

Thanks for pointing this out. I've just watched it.
[...]
I noticed it mentioned that he was classed as high risk. (During interview with officer who is coordinating the search from a "nearby hotel") I can't tell from the clip when that classification was made but I think it was as soon as he was reported missing.
[...]
A quick addition to this: I've just watched another episode of the same program which doesn't have any further mention of Finn but does include another missing hillwalker in Glencoe. One of the police officers mentions that missing persons who are lost in the hills are often immediately classed as high risk due to the terrain. So it seems there was nothing unusual in Finn's case.

Hello everyone, I just read this article:
Where is Finn Creaney? According to the information in it, Finn's phone stopped broadcasting in Lairg. so there is a good chance that it disappeared in this area rather than the Loch Naver area. Where does the source come from that says Finn was driven to the Altanaharra Caravan and Motorhome Club campground to begin his trek?

It is both frustrating and puzzling that he continues to remain elusive. However, we have gathered a crucial piece of information — Finn left a voicemail for his wife at 12:52 pm on the day he went missing, right before leaving his car at Golspie Beach. This could potentially be a significant lead in our search for him. “Hey honey, I love you lots and I’m really proud of you.”

It is quite concerning that he failed to reply to Lucy’s response to his voice message, especially considering it is out of character for him. Additionally, his mobile phone ceased sending a signal at 1:47 pm while in Lairg Village at the crossroads, indicating that his phone was turned off even before he commenced his hike at the drop-off point at 2:15 pm.

Throughout his journey to Loch Nevada, he did not read or respond to any of Lucy’s messages.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I just read this article:
Where is Finn Creaney? According to the information in it, Finn's phone stopped broadcasting in Lairg. so there is a good chance that it disappeared in this area rather than the Loch Naver area. Where does the source come from that says Finn was driven to the Altanaharra Caravan and Motorhome Club campground to begin his trek?

The source was from the initial police appeal - see post #1 above.

I could be wrong, but was it his wife who dropped him off??

So he left the car at his destination and got a lift to the start of his walk. Quite normal to do. Do we know if he hitched or was dropped off by someone he knew?

ETA
It was said earlier that he often turned off his phone when hiking to save battery etc.

Tony Parsons
I hadn't heard of that - what a devastating case. Jesus. Who doesn't get someone help when they're hurt in an accident? Poor Tony, and his poor family.

Tragically, I am scared that Finn succumbed to his depression. Appearing happy to family or friends doesn't hold much stock in it, eh? Depression can convince us our loved ones are better off without us in their lives - when in fact, that's the farthest thing from truth, and depression is a very large, insidious, lying beast.

He had the survival skills to have lasted more than 3 days out there. If he didn't come home, I'm afraid he either fell somewhere, or he planned something to end the mental anguish he may have been experiencing, that he spoke so freely about in the article posted above.

So he left the car at his destination and got a lift to the start of his walk. Quite normal to do. Do we know if he hitched or was dropped off by someone he knew?

ETA
It was said earlier that he often turned off his phone when hiking to save battery etc.
Im sure I read somewhere that he was dropped off by his father in law? but can’t be 100% so let’s just say Imo, his article linked does state he was dropped off by a family member.

Ce n'est pas sa femme qui l'a déposé car il lui a laissé un message vocal à 12h52.
Hey, @Tintenbar, although I have glancing understanding of other languages, I'm American and am not sure what your post means.

That Finn left a voicemail message for someone (his wife ?) early afternoon the day he went missing?

Thank you in advance.

Finn left a voicemail for his wife at 12.52. This has been widely reported in the press. My understanding is that he was dropped off by his father in law.
Sadly, it's my opinion that Finn has not been found because he did not wish to be. He suffered at least one depressive episode in the past and after this length of time his non appearance is worrying to say the least.
Lovely family, lovely guy.

I hadn't heard of that - what a devastating case. Jesus. Who doesn't get someone help when they're hurt in an accident? Poor Tony, and his poor family.

Tragically, I am scared that Finn succumbed to his depression. Appearing happy to family or friends doesn't hold much stock in it, eh? Depression can convince us our loved ones are better off without us in their lives - when in fact, that's the farthest thing from truth, and depression is a very large, insidious, lying beast.

He had the survival skills to have lasted more than 3 days out there. If he didn't come home, I'm afraid he either fell somewhere, or he planned something to end the mental anguish he may have been experiencing, that he spoke so freely about in the article posted above.
I wish it wasn't so (possibly) that Finn 'disappeared of his own volition'.

However, when someone disappears around a celebratory family holiday day (like Mother's Day), it does make me wonder extra hard if they maybe needed to bow out for reasons surrounding their current life not being ideal for them.

I hope Finn is good and well somewhere else, and sending huge prayers to him and his family.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back