UK - Five Bamber family members dead at White House Farm, Essex, 1986

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ah Bamber...still trying his best to wriggle free...

as would most people after being convicted for a crime they almost certainly did not commit.

wretched miscarriage of justice.

yet venables continues to reoffend and get wrist slaps. stupid UK.

hmm... he has the "3 whites"
Educate me please - what do you mean the "3 whites"?

I have not read about this case before, but intend to do so now.

This reminds of Ronald DeFeo, Jr., who was tried and convicted for the 1974 killings of his father, mother, two brothers and two sisters. The case was the real life inspiration for the book "The Amityville Horror". In spite of eventually confessing to these murders, he has given several inconsistent accounts of how the killings were actually carried out. In a 1986 interview, he claimed that his mother was responsible for the shootings. He has also claimed the mob was to blame. According to one man who interviewed DeFeo, because of "the frequency with which Ronald DeFeo has changed his story over the years, any new claims from him regarding the events that took place on the night of the murders should be approached with caution."

I'd say the same situation is probably true of Jeremy Bamber.

Guardian Online has an excellent 13 minute video about the case today:

Jeremy Bamber: Will new evidence bring historic third appeal?

So now we find out that there was a photo of the sister with the gun lying on top of her----a gun without a silencer on it, btw----with her hand on the trigger. Then there is a photo of her with the gun lying on top of her, her hand and legs in different positions. Then there is a photo of her bedroom, with the gun now magically propped up by the window....Something stinks to high heaven, doesn't it?

Oh, something else new for me was finding out that the dad HAD dialed 911, had reported that his daughter had gone berserk and was in possession of one of his guns!

I am really beginning to believe that exonerating evidence was deliberately withheld from the defense. And if that is true, this guy has probably been locked up for 25 years for something he did not do, and that investigators know he did not do.

I could almost believe in his innocence, except for all the information regarding his character before the crime, and after. Why didn't he just get a tattoo on his forehead saying "It's all about the money"?

And then reading about during his time in prison, he went after someone with a bottle? Sorry, I think the world is a safer place with him safety locked up.

Then thank God you don't choose who goes to prison and who is kept out free. If the man didn't commit the crime he has been wrongfully in prison for as long as i have been alive, and IMO that is a lot to accept - seeing pictures showing evidence he was wrongfully convicted and that there are people who advanced their careers on his back, who should be going to prison instead.

I have just been reading about this, I read that JB has passed a LDT, also the ex girlfriend, who gave evidence against him, was granted some sort of injunction that she would never provide evidence in this case again and moved overseas. At the very least I believe that there should be a retrial, this time with ALL the evidence put forward.
A decision was made today but the outcome won't be made known for a week or two.

This man was vilified in the press with much being made of his demeanor after the crime, I think that he deserves a fair trial

I could almost believe in his innocence, except for all the information regarding his character before the crime, and after. Why didn't he just get a tattoo on his forehead saying "It's all about the money"?

And then reading about during his time in prison, he went after someone with a bottle? Sorry, I think the world is a safer place with him safety locked up.

The main fact that has turned my mind around is when I learned that Neville Bamber called 911 that evening. "Newly discovered" police logs clearly stated that Neville called for help, stating that his daughter had gone berserk! Neville is the one who said his daughter had gained access to one of his weapons. I don't know about you, but if Neville is calling police to ask for help, claiming his daughter has a gun and is berserk, then I think it is highly unlikely that Jeremy is the killer.....

Because that police log was apparently never turned over to defense, the jury was left with the police assertion that only Jeremy had implicated his sister, in an attempt to hide his own guilt.

Whenever law enforcement feels the need to hide evidence----or to mess with evidence the way they changed the position of Sheila's body and the gun----I get really angry.

Whatever Jeremy's character is, it is a horrible miscarriage of justice if he has spent 26 years in prison for something he did not do. For the innocent to be imprisoned due to police deliberately withholding evidence does NOT make the world a safer place.

Jeremy Bamber loses attempt to appeal

Jeremy Bamber, who was convicted of killing five members of his family in 1985, has lost his latest attempt to prove his innocence.
---
Bamber told a member of his campaign team, who passed the comments on to the Guardian, that he was "totally stunned".
---
"As is usual with commission cases reaching this stage, Mr Bamber and his team have been invited to respond to the commission's case analysis and the reasons for its provisional decision. Given the lengthy and highly complex nature of the case, we have given Mr Bamber and his team three months in which to respond to our provisional decision (usually the period for a case of this type is 40 working days)," the CCRC said.

the rest from Guardian at link above

Daily Mail's take on the matter:

Jeremy Bamber will NOT be freed after case reviewers refuse to grant appeal hearing over 1985 murder of five family members

I was wrong about Bambi killer, says crime writer who has unearthed chilling new evidence
---
I have long had a particular interest in miscarriages of justice and, given the renewed strength of Bamber’s campaign, I decided to look at all the evidence again.

Indeed, three years ago I wrote an article for the Mail explaining why it seemed probable that the murders had been committed by Bamber’s sister Sheila, as Bamber maintained.

But what I found both surprised and disturbed me. It caused me dramatically to change my mind. I am now certain that the murderer was indeed Jeremy Bamber — and am convinced that, with my co-investigator Richard Webster, I have now discovered vital new evidence to resolve the case once and for all.
---
much more at Daily Mail link above

Thanks for the article link wfgodot. I really don't know what to think. part of me thinks that Bambi could have very well moved the phone. I also don't know about the dosage or effects of the medication that was given to her. Her father was a tall man, probably stronger than she was. I do, however, find it odd that two different people would want to frame Bamber. The secretary and the girlfriend. I'm not sure what to think but an interesting article none the less! Thanks!

You're welcome, Angels Not Forgotten.

As for this case, I've always loved, after any conviction, the notion that the person found guilty may in fact be innocent - love of the underdog, that sort of thing. It's instructive to read of errors in judgement which still might be rectified - that those in authority are not immune to getting things spectacularly wrong. But in the Bamber case, since the very beginning (or when I first read about it, long ago, not so long after it happened), I have always thought, yep, they got their man.

It was interesting to read of the new interpretations of evidence Bamber's team produced, but the physical evidence of the case - no matter how badly LE botched the initial crime scene - has always pointed only to one person. If Bamber is innocent, a whole series of people - LE, family, friends - would have had willingly to conspire to pin the deed on him.

Indeed, the deed was pinned on him. He himself pinned it there.

Thanks for the article link wfgodot. I really don't know what to think. part of me thinks that Bambi could have very well moved the phone. I also don't know about the dosage or effects of the medication that was given to her. Her father was a tall man, probably stronger than she was. I do, however, find it odd that two different people would want to frame Bamber. The secretary and the girlfriend. I'm not sure what to think but an interesting article none the less! Thanks!

The sister was shot twice.... I didn't read if the first shot would have incapacitated her to the point of not being able to shoot herself again.

The sister was shot twice.... I didn't read if the first shot would have incapacitated her to the point of not being able to shoot herself again.

I did see that in the article but I also couldn't remember seeing that mentioned in any information given before. I wonder if that was a typo or what? I saw that someone had asked him that in the comment section, so i'll be interested to see what gives with that.

Still haven't saw anything else about Bambi being shot twice. Did anyone else find anything other than the article above that said there were two shots in her death? That, to me, would be a major mind changer.

Still haven't saw anything else about Bambi being shot twice. Did anyone else find anything other than the article above that said there were two shots in her death? That, to me, would be a major mind changer.
Daily Mail:

Relatives found a silencer, showing traces of blood, in the gun cupboard and took it to police. If it had been used in the shootings, then how could Sheila have put it back there afterwards? And how could she have shot herself twice?
---
http://tiny.cc/102ly

Wiki:

Police say they found Sheila on the floor of the master bedroom with her mother, though this was disputed in 2005 by Bamber's lawyers; see below. She was in her nightdress and bare-footed, with two bullet wounds to her throat.
---
http://tiny.cc/hm944

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33