UK UK - FRED and ROSEMARY WEST

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Telegraph five-star review of 'Appropriate Adult,' the new drama based on the case.

Fred West drama Appropriate Adult impresses critics (BBC)

Guardian review, 'Appropriate Adult'

Extremely creepy Fred West YouTube clip: "Enjoyment turned to disaster, that's what happened"
Fred West Voice Tapes - YouTube

Nope, nope, nope will not watch. Want to be able to sleep tonight. Nope, nope, will not listen to Fred West.

To this day it blows my mind how those two met at a bus stop.

Nope, nope, nope will not watch. Want to be able to sleep tonight. Nope, nope, will not listen to Fred West.

It's the creepiest case ever.

And Fred, with that melodious Gloucestershire accent, describing how he dismembered his daughter Heather, is truly over-the-top, the stuff of nightmare.

I'd forgotten about that. It sort of makes prophecy out of the Hollies's 1966 single, two years earlier ("All the people stared as if we were both quite insane / Someday my name and hers are going to be the same"), doesn't it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXKBUPEGcGA"]The Hollies - Bus Stop (Top Of The Pops, June 1966) - YouTube[/ame]

I watched the programme, Appropriate Adult last night. Excellent production and acting- no blood and gore but still I am surprised I didn't have nightmares.
This case and the Bulger case are the most disturbing crimes I have ever heard of

I have never heard of this case! Ick....I was desperately needing a distraction due to a job interview tomorrow, so I have been reading up on it. Truly horrific! It has only been the last few years that I have become fascinated with serial killers. This one is going to haunt me, and I re-watched the Green River Killer last night. No sleep for me tonight. :sick:

I'd forgotten about that. It sort of makes prophecy out of the Hollies's 1966 single, two years earlier ("All the people stared as if we were both quite insane / Someday my name and hers are going to be the same"), doesn't it.
The Hollies - Bus Stop (Top Of The Pops, June 1966) - YouTube

The way your mind works is awe inspiring. How the heck did you connect that? All I remember of those lyrics is "Under my umbrella".

Oh so Fred doesn't have a cockney accent? Obviously I'm no anglophile. Albeit I root for Manchester United. That counts, right?

Creepy don't even come close with this case. For me it's like when you're a kid and you are so frightened of something yet you keep going back to it. Like these were real people. Two of them who meet? Then all he77 breaks loose.

I have never heard of this case! Ick....I was desperately needing a distraction due to a job interview tomorrow, so I have been reading up on it. Truly horrific! It has only been the last few years that I have become fascinated with serial killers. This one is going to haunt me, and I re-watched the Green River Killer last night. No sleep for me tonight. :sick:

Yep the West's will distract you alrightie. BTW, best of luck tomorrow. You'll do well. Just don't zone out thinking about this case.

I've come across people that never heard of this case a few times so you're not alone. I'd lend you my "Encyclopedia Of Serial Killers" except I sit on it at Phillie's games.

Rosemary West with those big *advertiser censored*s glasses is what does me in. Remember those huge glasses people would stick their little initial sticker on the lens? What circa was that? Anyway with those freaky eyeballs of hers it just like magnified them. I wouldn't have offered her out in a fight that's for sure.

The way your mind works is awe inspiring. How the heck did you connect that? All I remember of those lyrics is "Under my umbrella".

Oh so Fred doesn't have a cockney accent? Obviously I'm no anglophile. Albeit I root for Manchester United. That counts, right?

Creepy don't even come close with this case. For me it's like when you're a kid and you are so frightened of something yet you keep going back to it. Like these were real people. Two of them who meet? Then all he77 breaks loose.

When you're a 12-year-old boy, when you hear the word "insane" in a pop song, you are fated to remember it for life!

Here we go...........Paul Leach the son of Janet Leach who was Fred West's AA is a little more than PO'd.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-ruined-my-life-this-new-film-sickens-me.html

Paul recalls answering the phone and handing it to his mum. Then he heard a howl he had never heard before. His mom was beside herself saying "He killed himself". She was devastated over the suicide of Fred West.

Leach said his mother should have never been allowed to work that case. She was not qualified and had her own fractured past. Rosemary went through six AA's because none of them could continue on hearing the horrific details of the case. Yet his mother continued having an intense relationship with Fred West.

Meanwhile Paul himself tried to kill himself by ODing on pills and hanging himself because Fred West messed up his life as well.

The Express has quite a little (lengthy) piece on Fred West's "appropriate adult," Janet Leach:

THE REAL STORY OF FRED WEST’S ‘ONLY FRIEND’

Leach, and her relationship with West, formed the basis of a fine film starring Dominic West, Appropriate Adult. Worth a look for the performances as well as the treatment of the historical time and place. Also worth a read is the Gordon Burn book on the West case, Happy Like Murderers, which along with Blake Morrison's As If ranks among the finest literary true-crime books of the last 20 years.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appropriate_Adult"]Appropriate Adult - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

s

Caroline Frost at Huffington Post:

TV REVIEW: Fred West - Born To Kill?
---
After faithfully charting the motivations of Fred and Rosemary as they ran their chamber of horrors at Cromwell Street - Fred's lack of revulsion, his need for approval from the mother figure of Rose - it finally addressed the leading question: born to kill?

The experts appeared to conclude that Fred West could not escape his genetics, that he was likely born with characteristics that would make it reasonably easy for him to turn into a killer, a path that was unavoidable once he encountered Rose.

Which seems clearly argued after an hour, until you suddenly think: well, what else can they say? That he was a really good bloke until... when exactly?
---
the rest at the link above

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState