UK - Gary & Joshua Dunmore, 57 & 32, Found Shot, Cambridgeshire, 29 March 2023 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A month or so late, but still: It's worth noting that arrests in the UK are a different action from those in the US justice system. The bar of suspicion required is much, much lower, for one. A comparison would be "brought in for questioning" in the UK system and "detained to start the trial process" in America. (Of course, that doesn't mean the opposite isn't true--that the US system arrests people sometimes, only to release them without charge after gathering evidence, or that Crown courts don't have suspects arrested before trial) Neither means certain guilt though. Only conviction does.

"The truth will out," as they say. I hope the child sees justice for their dad and grandad.

The inquiries into the deaths of Gary Dunmore, 57, and his son Josh Dunmore, 32, opened May 4 at Peterborough Town Hall, Cambridgeshire.

Stephen Alderton, 67, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to two counts of murder at Cambridge Crown Court on Wednesday.
Judge Mark Bishop said he would be sentenced in October.
Alderton denied one count of possession of a firearm - a double-barrelled shotgun - with intent to cause fear of violence to another person.
Prosecutor Peter Gair said there was "no public interest to be served by seeking a trial" on the count and the judge ordered that it lie on file.

Cambridgeshire Police confirmed that they have re-arrested a 33-year-old woman and 28-year-old man from Mildenhall, Suffolk on suspicion of conspiracy to murder after the pair was previously arrested and released in March. They are released on bail until September 7.

On Wednesday, police also arrested a 51-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman, both from Bristol, on suspicion of encouraging or assisting crime. The pair has since been released under investigation.

The defendant received life with a minimum of 25 years. That seems slightly light to me in the modern era for a premeditated double murder with a firearm, but the defendant did plead guilty early on.

Link: Man jailed for life for shooting father and son dead over boy's custody

A sad detail is that the child involved in the custody case that seemingly sparked these crimes has wound up being placed in care (at the end of this link):

The defendant received life with a minimum of 25 years. That seems slightly light to me in the modern era for a premeditated double murder with a firearm, but the defendant did plead guilty early on.

Link: Man jailed for life for shooting father and son dead over boy's custody

A sad detail is that the child involved in the custody case that seemingly sparked these crimes has wound up being placed in care (at the end of this link):

i hope that the mother is also charged with a crime, as she, no doubt, was aware of her father‘s intentions based on those messages referenced in the article.

i hope that the mother is also charged with a crime, as she, no doubt, was aware of her father‘s intentions based on those messages referenced in the article.
Absolutely!!

BBM

A 33-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man, both from Mildenhall, Suffolk, were arrested last year on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.

They were previously on bail until December 7, 2023 – but Cambridgeshire Police confirmed both have now been re-bailed until March 7 this year.

Thanks for posting this. I’m not surprised at all as 25 years seemed light for a double murder with a gun even with a guilty plea, if we look at the guidelines, as I posted above. I hope the judgment is reported to explain what the Court of Appeal looked at.

There are a couple of other recent cases with low minimum terms that I also wouldn’t be surprised if they were reviewed.

Thanks for posting this. I’m not surprised at all as 25 years seemed light for a double murder with a gun even with a guilty plea, if we look at the guidelines, as I posted above. I hope the judgment is reported to explain what the Court of Appeal looked at.

There are a couple of other recent cases with low minimum terms combined with guilty pleas that I also wouldn’t be surprised if they were reviewed. I think the issue is too much credit for a guilty plea but I’m interested to see.

A woman aged 33 at the time and a man, then 28, both from Mildenhall, Suffolk, were also arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.

They were previously on bail until December 7 and were re-bailed until yesterday (March 7).

A Cambridgeshire Police spokesperson has confirmed they were re-bailed again until June 7, 2024.

Cambridgeshire Police have now confirmed they have been released under investigation.

This means police are continuing to investigate the alleged criminal offence.

Unlike being placed on bail, there are no conditions the suspects must follow and no time limits set by police for the investigation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back