UK - Gavin Plumb, 36, arrested and charged with plot to kidnap and kill ITV presenter Holly Willoughby - Harlow, 4 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good, he's so clearly a very very dangerous man, everything I heard about him is terrifying. The only problem is, because he thankfully wasn't successful in his plans, I'm not sure how large a sentence he can actually be given (the sentences quoted for his past offences are really low) - in my opinion he really needs whole life for public protection, but as it is... well I hope the judge can find as much as possible, and the parole board are really strict on assessing his risk to the public when the time comes.

The trial was told that Plumb's plans were foiled when a potential accomplice who he spoke to online turned out to be an undercover officer from the Owatonna Police Department in the US state of Minnesota.

Plumb told the officer, who was using the pseudonym David Nelson, that he was "definitely serious" about his plot to kidnap Ms Willoughby, leaving the officer with the impression that there was an "imminent threat" to her.

When Plumb was arrested on October 4 last year and officers told him that the allegations concerned Ms Willoughby, the defendant told them: "I'm not gonna lie, she is a fantasy of mine."

The BBC are covering his sentencing live

From the link:

Gavin Plumb has been sentenced to life in prison.

Justice Murray says although his offenses concern only one woman, he poses a serious risk to all women.

The judge says that if he had been sentencing him to a determinate sentence, taking into account numerous aggravating factors and limiting mitigating factors, but avoiding double counting, he would have sentenced him to concurrent sentences of 24 years imprisonment for each offence.

Because he would have served up to two third of that sentence in custody, the fixed the minimum would be 16 years.

The judge reduces that minimum term by number of days spent on remand in custody, so this means that the minimum term that he will serve before the parole board may consider the possible release 15 years and 85 days.

Glad this dangerous lump is in prison now for at least 16 years.
This is terrifying and clearly the HW connection and the prosecution have thrown everything at this, however this is happening to women and girls the world over who do not have the same influence.
JMO

More than I expected, glad to hear, especially as it being a life sentence means he can be recalled at any time if he's caught doing anything else, however minor (which seems somewhat likely, I doubt any amount of time will make him no longer dangerous). Hopefully the parole board aren't feeling kind to him when the 16 years is up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back