UK UK - Georg Czysch, 56, left behind heart meds, Swinton, Salford, 29 Jul 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
0_Georg-Czysch.jpg

Friends of a missing pub landlord have issued a public appeal to help find him.

Georg Czysch, 56, was last seen walking out of the Showboat pub on Hall Street in Swinton, Salford, at 7.50am in the morning.

That was on Thursday, July 29. He hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Georg, who was born in Germany, lives alone in a flat above the pub and has been the landlord there for around two years, worried friends said.

He left behind his mobile phone, wallet, credit cards, watch and passport - as well as his two beloved dogs.

Georg is not thought to have any family in the country. He also takes medication for a heart condition, which friends found in the flat.

Georg was last seen wearing blue jeans and a dark green hoodie.

Close friend Thomas Mitchell said: "This is so out of character for Georg.

"I have known him for at least 10 years, others have for longer, and he has never just walked out of anywhere before.

"Georg has always been a straight talking guy, funny and genuine. He would do everything he could to help a person in need.

"I know Georg has struggled during the pandemic, not being able to open his pub or see friends.

"But this is so out of character for Georg. He loves his dogs and to leave them behind is not him..."

Desperate appeal for missing landlord last seen walking out of Salford pub

Georg is a good friend of mine, we still have no news.

Hi

Was just thinking of him in fact, and came back to check if any news here. It must be awful, the not knowing. Had he been feeling down or worried in the days, weeks before? To have left his possessions behind is concerning. I do hope there is some positive news soon.

Have there been any searches done for Georg? Im familiar with the area, clifton country park and the river Irwell? Have the police done much do we know? I dont even see a police appeal. Its mentioned he has links to Scarborough so obviously trains cctv to be checked. Really hope we find Georg, everyone says what a lovely man he is.

Have there been any searches done for Georg? Im familiar with the area, clifton country park and the river Irwell? Have the police done much do we know? I dont even see a police appeal. Its mentioned he has links to Scarborough so obviously trains cctv to be checked. Really hope we find Georg, everyone says what a lovely man he is.
There has been no searches that I am aware of and from what I can gather the police have not put out an appeal. There doesn't seem to be a lot being done about the situation at all which has really frustrated me.
Georg is a lovely guy and he has made a lot of friends since moving to the area. Everyone seems to be in the dark and people are just in shock with it all. He never leaves the pub unless going shopping etc so it's very unusual.

Haven't seen any police appeals, updates or searches for this man.

Is anything happening in the area?

A woman from Blackpool has placed a comment on the MEN news page on Facebook claiming that Georg is safe but at an unknown location. No other details have been given at this time.

Manchester Evening News

Who is this woman claiming this: is she known to anyone? It is fine if he chooses to remain somewhere and not reveal where, but I hope the police are aware as he is an official missing person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKP
Back