UK- Girl, 11, and woman, 34, stabbed in London's Leicester Square, August 2024, "Suspect arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Leicester Square traders have told how the alleged attacker looked 'agitated' before the double stabbing was carried out.
A shop manager told the Mirror he saw the suspected perpetrator 90 minutes before an 11-year-old girl and a woman were attacked with a knife near the LEGO shop.
He told the newspaper:
I saw the man standing there walking around and talking to himself. He looked homeless to me. We see these lots everyday so we can recognise them but I hadn't seen him before.
Another man who works opposite the scene, and who did not want to be identified, said he saw the suspect earlier in the day.
He said: 'He was standing, doing nothing, eating and talking to himself as I saw.'
He filmed a man being arrested outside the TWG Tea shop and said he recognised him from the morning.
He added that the woman who was injured was standing before the ambulance arrived, but he did not see the girl.

Leicester Square traders have told how the alleged attacker looked 'agitated' before the double stabbing was carried out.
A shop manager told the Mirror he saw the suspected perpetrator 90 minutes before an 11-year-old girl and a woman were attacked with a knife near the LEGO shop.
He told the newspaper:

Another man who works opposite the scene, and who did not want to be identified, said he saw the suspect earlier in the day.
He said: 'He was standing, doing nothing, eating and talking to himself as I saw.'
He filmed a man being arrested outside the TWG Tea shop and said he recognised him from the morning.
He added that the woman who was injured was standing before the ambulance arrived, but he did not see the girl.
This rings true to me. I live in NYC and we also have people walking around who are clearly disturbed. (But it's not as if the city is suddenly dangerous, like some news outlets lead people to think!)

We need to come up with mental-health solutions. I do not have the answers and don't pretend to. But people who need help walking around the streets in agitation is not good for anyone. Like this witness described, you can see someone who is agitated and seems disturbed, but it's not illegal to be like that - so what are we supposed to do?

jmo

''The suspect is 32, and police said that at this stage, they don’t believe he knew the victims.

“An urgent investigation is now ongoing and detectives are working to establish the details around exactly what happened,″ Jessah said.''

This case reminds me of Lithuanian girl living in the UK
who was stabbed by another Lithuanian suffering from schizophrenia.

He was walking down the street,
and suddenly attacked the girl who was playing on the pavement outside a Travel Agency where her Mum worked.
The poor girl died.

I don't remember the name of the child.
But there was a thread here, on WS.

Terrible tragedies.
This one and that one :(

rbbm​

''Suspect believed to have been seen ‘agitated’ 90 minutes before attack​

'The man was of white ethnicity in his mid-30s and was wearing a black top and trousers, but no hat, and appeared to potentially be homeless, said the employee, who wished to remain anonymous.
The employee said he first noticed the man because of his agitated state at around 10am near the eventual scene of the attack, which took place at 11:36am.
The man was alone and had remained in the area for at least an hour prior to the attack, he told The Independent’s Andy Gregory.''
1723480041136.png

''Street performer says young victim was ‘most targeted'​

A witness said the suspect in the attack in Leicester Square was a young, white, skinny male wearing a black T-shirt and jeans.
The witness, who gave his name as Desmond, 45, said the knifeman focused the attack on the girl, putting her in a headlock and stabbing her.
Desmond, 45, who performs as Darth Vader on the square “every day”, told reporters: “When I looked to my side I saw a young man… was stabbing her several (times) with a knife.
“Before I could jump down to go (over there), two guys were just passing, and they grab him, they put him on the ground, and immediately the police came. I think the woman was also stabbed once, but the child was the most targeted, he was stabbing the child several times.''

Might be a bit of a stretch but my thoughts are the attacker may have been a tourist/visitor to London. This Daily Mail article shows a newish looking baseball cap on the floor at the scene from the brand 'Robin Ruth' which appears to be brand mainly sold in souvenir shops in the UK. It would be quite rare for a Londoner to wear such a cap, imo. Of course it might not belong to the attacker.

View attachment 524072

or a disguise that was purchased quickly nearby? JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member