GUILTY UK - Hashim Ijazuddin, 21, and Saqib Hussain, 20, car crash A46 Leicester 11 Feb 2022 *Murder Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Raees Jamal - it was an accident​

Raees Jamal tells the jury he never meant to cause the two men harm and that what happened was "an accident".
He said it was his idea to park the cars in Sutton Place. He said: "I always went there when I didn't want to get spotted or noticed - during lockdown, mainly." He admitted breaking lockdown rules during the pandemic.
He said he was not aware of the CCTV cameras in Sutton Place. He also said he said 'no comment' in police interviews on legal advice.

'I thought my driving at the time caused it'​

When asked what happened during their walk around Leicester at about 2am he said: "We was all just talking about what happened. I turned around to [Mahek] and said I didn't want to take the rap for it. I was scared. I thought my driving at the time caused it.
"If I hadn't been speeding what happened wouldn't have happened."

'I had a feeling in my stomach'​

He said he thought about the two young men who had died and their families. He said: "I knew that they were dead and I didn't know how to feel about it. I had a feeling in my stomach."

On phone with Natasha Akhtar while she was being arrested​

He said his girlfriend, Natasha Akhtar, called him as she pulled over after seeing she was being followed by the police. She was on the phone to him as the police cars boxed her in at a petrol station on the outskirts of Birmingham.

Raees did tell Mahek about Natasha's arrest​

During their phone call at about 8.15am, when the police were at Mahek's house but not yet questioning her, he told the jury he had told Mahek about Akhtar's arrest - contradicting what Mahek told the jury earlier this morning.
He said he got rid of his phone and then "went on the run" to London for the weekend. He was asked if getting rid of his phone was "covering your tracks" and he said yes.

'Why did you go to London?'​

He was asked why he and Rekan Karwan went to London and he said he and Rekan Karwan went together like they do every weekend. He said: "Eventually I knew it was going to catch up to me."
Next he was asked about his relationships with his co-defendants. He confirmed He had known Rekan Karwan, Sanaf Gulammustafa and his cousin Ammeer Jamal all his life.
He had known Mahek for three years but had only met her other once. He had first met Akhtar three months ago and Mohammed Patel about a year ago.

'I was trying to cover my tracks'​

He said the stopped and he switched with Natasha Akhtar, who took over the driving. He said: "Everyone was going mad, saying what the **** has just happened."
He was asked about a phone call - on Mohammed Patel's mobile phone - from the other car. He said "The idea was to drive up to Leicester and park up."
He was asked: "Why not call 999?" He replied: "I was ****ing myself."
Mr Smith asked: "Thinking of yourself, were you?"
"Yes I was. I was trying to cover my tracks.

At last a bit more honesty. Although still trying to lay blame on the other driver.

JMO

Raees Jamal had no idea of Ansreen's relationship with Saqib until after his arrest​

Mr Smith asked: "When did you first hear about something to do with the Bukhari ladies that led to this incident?"
He replied: "The affair? I was only aware of it when I was in jail."
He said that on the night of the crash, before they set off for Tesco, Mahek told him she was being blackmailed and didn't mention her mother.
He was asked: "And before you went to Tesco you didn't know about any of this?" He said no.

Raees Jamal had no idea of Ansreen's relationship with Saqib until after his arrest​

Mr Smith asked: "When did you first hear about something to do with the Bukhari ladies that led to this incident?"
He replied: "The affair? I was only aware of it when I was in jail."
He said that on the night of the crash, before they set off for Tesco, Mahek told him she was being blackmailed and didn't mention her mother.
He was asked: "And before you went to Tesco you didn't know about any of this?" He said no.
Maybe this is why he’s being more forthcoming. All of this tragedy and mess happened based on a lie he was told according to his version.

'She thought Saqib would be coming with friends as well'​

Describing his conversation with Mahek after she arrived in Leicester, he said: "I went over to the Audi TT and said hello to Mahek's mum out of respect and then went over and had a conversation with Mahek. I asked how she was.

"She informed me about the blackmail. Mahek informed me Saqib Hussain had been blackmailing her and threatening her about nudity images and videos.

"She said she felt threatened and this guy was supposed to come down to sort out the situation. She told me to come down because she felt threatened and she thought Saqib would be coming with friends as well."

Mr Smith asked if Mahek said anything about her mother and Raees said no

Raees Jamal denies there were any balaclavas​

Mr Smith asked his client if he had asked Mohammed Patel to bring a balaclava that evening and he said that was not true. He was asked if he remembered Rekan Karwan - who was seen on CCTV wearing a balaclava, according to the prosecution - wearing anything on his head and he said no.
He said he asked Mohammed Patel to back him up at the meeting and said he gave Patel the wheel brace because he asked for it. He said: "I asked him to help out if anything had gone wrong - if Saqib came with his friends and his friend's attack us.
"He took the precaution in asking me if he could have a tool and I went into the boot of the Audi TT, taking the wheel brace and giving it to him." He denied putting it down Patel's trousers.

I wonder what MB's barrister advised her re giving evidence. She has to be one of the worst witnesses I've ever heard and I've heard quite a few bad ones.
Same here. Im just baffled by that and dont even know where to start. She was picked apart by reading the updates and god only knows what she sounded like on the stand.

I can only guess that her barrister advised her to be honest but all of them are sticking to their disastrous plan.

I cannot fathom a jury finding her not guilty after that showing.

IMO

Raees Jamal - I was trying to get content off phone​

Raees Jamal is next to give evidence and has been sworn in on the Koran. His barrister, Leonard Smith KC, is the first to ask him questions.
Raees confirms his name and that he is 22 years old.
"I feel that if I wasn't going so fast and he hadn't driven so fast it wouldn't have resulted in a tragic accident.
"I was trying stop Saqib and get in front of him so I could retrieve content off the phone."

Hmm so strait off the bat Raees has put himself in a bad position. To retrieve content off Saqibs phone there would have to have been violence or physical harm enacted. I dont think he can dress that up any other way.

The prosecution have been waiting for statements like this. IMO

Last edited:

Raees Jamal talks about the pursuit​

Mr Smith is asking Raees Jamal more about the pursuit, in which the defendant has said he was trying to stop the Skoda to get hold of Saqib's mobile phone, which he thought had naked pictures and videos of his friend Mahek Bukhari on.

There was a phone call between the two cars. He said when he was driving on the Porsche dealership roundabout on the outer ring road he told the occupants of the Audi TT that he was behind the Skoda.

The Audi TT was caught on CCTV later following the other two cars.

Raees contradicts Mahek's evidence several times, one time being that they didn't communicate while they were walking around after the accident. I think it is likely that this is when they hatched the plan to say they were going to Nottingham and it was a complete coincidence Saqib's car drove past at that point and happened to crash the car. As per Natasha Akhtar's phone call.

Raees Jamal sent message to tell Mahek he was behind the Skoda and Saqib was inside.​

Describing the phone call further, he said: "There were two male occupants in there and they were Asian. I told Mohammed to tell Mahek I was behind the Skoda. I said for Rekan [driving the Audi] to come and catch up to me."

When asked if he was sure Saqib was in the Skoda, he said he was, because the vehicle had been in the Tesco car park earlier.

"What were you trying to do?'​

When asked what he was trying to achieve by chasing the Skoda, he said: "I'd just been following, overhearing [Mahek] having a conversation with Saqib, telling him to stop at Sainsbury's."

He was asked about the conversation Mahek was having. He said: "The conversation was Mahek telling Saqib to arrange another spot to stop at. That was supposed to be at Sainsbury's."

He said he could only hear Mahek's side of the conversation.

Pursuit up Melton Road​

He is asked about a section of the chase caught on CCTV, where he was driving the Seat Leon as it pulled in front of the Skoda and then braked. Mr Smith asked: "By overtaking the Skoda, what were your trying to do?"

He replied: "To stop the Skoda. I hoped by braking it would brake, too."

He was asked: "And directly behind it was the Audi TT?" He said yes.

Pursuit up Melton Road​

He is asked about a section of the chase caught on CCTV, where he was driving the Seat Leon as it pulled in front of the Skoda and then braked. Mr Smith asked: "By overtaking the Skoda, what were your trying to do?"

He replied: "To stop the Skoda. I hoped by braking it would brake, too."

He was asked: "And directly behind it was the Audi TT?" He said yes.

Brake checking at that speed, Jesus Christ. I don’t drive and even I know that’s insanely dangerous

By Hobby Horse Roundabout Skoda was back in front​

Raees Jamal viewed CCTV footage from the roundabout near the Hobby Horse pub in Syston, where the three cars are seen close together with the Skoda in front. He confirmed the Skoda had managed to get back in front of the Seat Leon he was driving.

The roundabout is where the A607 towards Melton merges with the A46. He said the Skoda overtook him "just before the Hobby Horse Roundabout".

Mr Smith asked: "So he gained the lead at that point. Did you ever regain the lead."

He said no, but at one point "the Audi was side-by-side with the Skoda". He said the Audi, being driven by Rekan Karwan, had passed him shortly after the got onto the A46 before getting side-by-side with the Skoda.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga
Back