GUILTY UK - Hashim Ijazuddin, 21, and Saqib Hussain, 20, car crash A46 Leicester 11 Feb 2022 *Murder Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think someone mentioned this during the earlier trial but Ansreen's behaviour really is shocking. She is the oldest of the group - in her 40s! - and yet this is all down to her. She had at least 2 affairs, hung around with her 20 year old daughter and her mates then asks her daughter to sort out the problems when the sh** hits the fan! Follows along meekly, dragging 7 other people into the situation and not stopping them when clearly things have gone too far.

She really needs to grow up!
She’s accepting zero responsibility too. As you say, none of this would have happened if she hadn’t had the affair in the first place.

A lot of people seemed to think that having a retrial would be beneficial to the defendants, especially after it afforded 6 of them to be bailed before Christmas.
IMO the retrial scnario has been a disaster for Ansreen. The additional discovery of Saqib's iCloud and the other lover coming forward in time for this retrial has allowed the prosecution to provide a devastating inference that she lied to the jury (more than once) in the first trial!

I didn't realise that the jury were allowed to know this was the second attempt at trial.

If we’re to believe Ansreen, she apparently is the most oblivious person ever. Saw nothing, heard nothing, had her head down, didn’t question anything, didn’t talk to anyone…. Met lovers in hotel rooms and just had a little chit chat. Assumed a banned driver was insured (oh wait she didn’t know he was banned). Pull the other one, love. With bells on.

Today, Mahek has contridicted her mum (who was in the same car) when she said:

Everyone 'going crazy'​

When asked about the conversation in the car after they passed the crash site she said: "Everyone was just going crazy in the car, saying 'Have you seen that car, it's all in flames?'"

TBH, with the amount of lies coming out, it's probably not that surprising they can't get their stories straight... Like others have said, they are coming across so false & unbelievable they've lost all credibility in my mind, I now stuggle to beleive a word they say, even if some of it is true.

They had a second chance to "come clean" during this retrial but it doesn't look like they are taking it.

I was just about to post that! How can they not get something so simple right, when I assume they are both living together as I think they are out on bail. Definitely not the brightest!
They've been pictured every day entering court together and were photographed leaving the same house (presumably their address in Stoke) shortly after being granted bail.
The atmosphere in that house must have been very awkward since they were granted bail.
I wonder if she didn't know about (or at least didn't know the full extent of) the icloud files and the other affair and she's contradicting her out of some sort of revenge?
I don't know, trying to make sense of the decisions this mother and daughter duo make is nigh on impossible now! Both of them have been so dishonest that the words they use in their defence are totally worthless to me. JMO!

Mahek's story is constantly changing and is completely implausible. She didn't mention a party she had gone to where Saqib had been, because she hadn't wanted to go!!!! So it doesn't count then!!

I am finding it interesting they can reference the previous trial and lies the defendants told then. I thought they would have the advantage of changing their stories this time but the jury clearly knows what they said before.

Also, all this talk and justification of their actions relating to the things Saqib allegedly did, such as threats and blackmail. He wasn't even the one driving, it was Hashem, who is apparently completely blameless, so whatever Saqib did or didn't do, they also caused the death of this entirely innocent man. He doesn't seem to have been mentioned.

"Since the last trial, which ended in early December 2022, the police received a video showing Mahek and her mother Ansreen with Saqib at a house party in Banbury - Saqib's home town - in May 2021. Mahek had told the previous jury about meeting Saqib in London on one occasion but said that was the only time she had ever met him.

She was asked why she had lied by Collingwood Thompson KC, the prosecutor. She said: "I didn't even want to be at that party so that's why I didn't want to bring it up at all.""

Mahek's story is constantly changing and is completely implausible. She didn't mention a party she had gone to where Saqib had been, because she hadn't wanted to go!!!! So it doesn't count then!!

I am finding it interesting they can reference the previous trial and lies the defendants told then. I thought they would have the advantage of changing their stories this time but the jury clearly knows what they said before.

Also, all this talk and justification of their actions relating to the things Saqib allegedly did, such as threats and blackmail. He wasn't even the one driving, it was Hashem, who is apparently completely blameless, so whatever Saqib did or didn't do, they also caused the death of this entirely innocent man. He doesn't seem to have been mentioned.

"Since the last trial, which ended in early December 2022, the police received a video showing Mahek and her mother Ansreen with Saqib at a house party in Banbury - Saqib's home town - in May 2021. Mahek had told the previous jury about meeting Saqib in London on one occasion but said that was the only time she had ever met him.

She was asked why she had lied by Collingwood Thompson KC, the prosecutor. She said: "I didn't even want to be at that party so that's why I didn't want to bring it up at all.""
This new trail has definitely not been kind to the defendants thus far. With all this new evidence and the prosecution allowed to bring up inconsistencies with the original trial, its looking bad.

I wonder if Ansreen had a mental break with all that is going on. She must have been told to say this or say that to tie in with the others testimonies. Ultimately she went with "I saw or heard nothing" defence and that was that. Mabe she saw the writing on the wall and was done with it.

Its only going to get worse from here on out. All the defendants are making the prosecutions job a lot easier.

Ive not raked over Mahek today but another golden nugget she offered up was that she lied about seeing an ambulance at the scene because she was annoyed she did not call the ambulance herself.. Yeah alrite love.

JMO

So another day in the imaginary world of Mahek. Looking forward to hearing some more magical thinking.

1. If you go somewhere you didn't want to go, you can just say you weren't there. That's fine. It doesn't count.

2. If you are annoyed you didn't do something, like maybe call an ambulance for a car crash, just pretend you didn't need to because you saw emergency services at the scene. Nobody will know they weren't there.

3. If you give the police the wrong code to access your mobile, it's because you forgot the last digit - twice. Never mind that you're a tik tok influencer who lives on your phone. It's an easy mistake to make.

4. If you change your story from saying there's a collision between two cars, but then, nope, no collision happened, the jury will totally buy it.

5. If you say the victim threatened to kill your father and brother on the night of his death, but he didn't, just say it happened on another occasion. It doesn't matter if you change the date to justify your behaviour, as long as you promise under oath it happened at some point.

6. After each misunderstanding, when the prosecutor asks if there are any other lies you want to come clean about, say no. When he catches you out again, you will definitely be able to explain it.

So another day in the imaginary world of Mahek. Looking forward to hearing some more magical thinking.

1. If you go somewhere you didn't want to go, you can just say you weren't there. That's fine. It doesn't count.

2. If you are annoyed you didn't do something, like maybe call an ambulance for a car crash, just pretend you didn't need to because you saw emergency services at the scene. Nobody will know they weren't there.

3. If you give the police the wrong code to access your mobile, it's because you forgot the last digit - twice. Never mind that you're a tik tok influencer who lives on your phone. It's an easy mistake to make.

4. If you change your story from saying there's a collision between two cars, but then, nope, no collision happened, the jury will totally buy it.

5. If you say the victim threatened to kill your father and brother on the night of his death, but he didn't, just say it happened on another occasion. It doesn't matter if you change the date to justify your behaviour, as long as you promise under oath it happened at some point.

6. After each misunderstanding, when the prosecutor asks if there are any other lies you want to come clean about, say no. When he catches you out again, you will definitely be able to explain it.
Her lies will quite possibly convict her I think, based on what we have heard about so far. Obviously more to come, so we’ll see.

It was supposed to start at 10.15 today, delayed till 11.30, then 12.30, now the jurors have been sent away till 2pm. It seems like the barristers, judge and jury are there so a problem with one of the defendants perhaps? They won't be sitting after today till the 30th May.

It was supposed to start at 10.15 today, delayed till 11.30, then 12.30, now the jurors have been sent away till 2pm. It seems like the barristers, judge and jury are there so a problem with one of the defendants perhaps? They won't be sitting after today till the 30th May.

God forbid its a juror issue with one of them being found to be following the case on main or social media.
Hopefully they all realise what a farce this is and are now changing their pleas to guilty! (yeah right).

Fingers crossed its something as simple as someone being ill and we can eventually get this over with.

JMO

God forbid its a juror issue with one of them being found to be following the case on main or social media.
Hopefully they all realise what a farce this is and are now changing their pleas to guilty! (yeah right).

Fingers crossed its something as simple as someone being ill and we can eventually get this over with.

JMO
Oh no, I didn't think of that. I got the impression the jury were all there and ready to go so perhaps issues with one of the defendants. Fingers crossed!

The judge told the jury the delay was nothing to do with any defendant or the prosecution and not to speculate… however as he never mentioned the defence barristers, my guess is the missed day was related to one of them?

Pure speculation but for some reason my gut feeling was one of the barristers dropping a client or vice-versa!? (After the reporter said he’s not allowed to report on what’s being said and also that the jury didn’t hear any evidence, rather than no evidence being given today I found strange wording)

The judge told the jury the delay was nothing to do with any defendant or the prosecution and not to speculate… however as he never mentioned the defence barristers, my guess is the missed day was related to one of them?

Pure speculation but for some reason my gut feeling was one of the barristers dropping a client or vice-versa!? (After the reporter said he’s not allowed to report on what’s being said and also that the jury didn’t hear any evidence, rather than no evidence being given today I found strange wording)
But speculating is the exact thing we all love to do!
I have to say, it's quite funny looking back at the posts from before the first trial (and from before I joined WS) and people trying to speculate as to what this could be all about, and how wrong everyone was! But to be fair, how could anyone have predicted this story?!
I have no idea why they couldn't sit today, especially as they don't have the logistical issues of transporting 8 defendants to court from custody every day like they did the last time around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcnew91
Back