UK - Healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of murder/attempted murder of a number of babies, 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can appreciate your feeling that it seems somewhat voyeuristic to go and view the proceedings, when you have no direct/indirect connection.

However, that you say just that demonstrates your awareness of it not being entertainment, but something which deserves solemnity and respect.

British justice is an open system, a system in which justice has to be seen to be done, in that the rights of the individual are protected when they are subject to the power of the court.

Just as you would vote and understand that such a democratic right was secured by our parents/grandparents/great-grandparents generation, so it is the same with the British judicial system.....something that others have fought and died for. By witnessing it you are ensuring that principle stands tall.

Yes, the case will attract multiple column inches, particularly at the opening and most definitely the conclusion, although sub judice will allow only for the court proceedings to be reported before the case is finalised.

With an approximate trial period of up to six months then I suspect that most MSM will only report limited detail, which may be misleading if not able to be taken in context with evidence that is not reported.

I hope that a half-decent court reporter will be given the opportunity to follow the whole case and report it comprehensively.

I may go myself, because I cannot remember a case where I feel the presentation of the evidence, interpretation and expert witness testimony may need so much scrutiny from the British public as a whole.
Yes, this is why I'm kinda torn - I do genuinely believe everything you say as regards the witnessing of justice being properly carried out and, yes, it is important that it's witnessed and not just by journalists. I most certainly agree with your closing paragraph. This is not going to be a case which will be easy for the media to report in intimate detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7