GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This blog seems really odd. How was it found? I had this horrible feeling reading it he'd set it up to carry it on once he'd seen her off to make it look as if she'd just done a runner somewhere.

This blog seems really odd. How was it found? I had this horrible feeling reading it he'd set it up to carry it on once he'd seen her off to make it look as if she'd just done a runner somewhere.
I think it was to be a new blog/website which would carry on where Planet Grief left off. Neither of them was 'on planet grief' any more so I think this was to be the next step

I think it was to be a new blog/website which would carry on where Planet Grief left off. Neither of them was 'on planet grief' any more so I think this was to be the next step

It looks like just the draft layout and design for a new blog, created by a tech person, ie Ian. I worked with a web developer and the tech person just created random content and photos to show how it would look. Once the layout was okayed, Helen would put in the actual text, photos, posts she wanted, and the blog would be posted to the web, rather than as a project in the company website.

I think there are some jokes in there, eg 'filmstar'. Very interesting that there's reference to wedding plans, though.

It looks like Helen wrote that bit, but even so, I think it hints at her regularly having to massage his ego at her own expense.

It looks like Helen wrote that bit, but even so, I think it hints at her regularly having to massage his ego at her own expense.

I think you might be right, describing her as a menopausal woman doesn't sound like something a man would write

Hello Websleuths,
I guess no more info until IS appears in the pre-trial...
Was wondering if Helen confided in a friend that things were not working out with IS - in most cases, with whatever issue you were going through in your life, you would definitely share with someone, rather than carry the burden alone. If this is the case, hoping that friend has already come forward and will be a witness in the trial.

I expect we'll hear fairly soon whether the cause of death is known.

I really hope they will be able to find a cause, but having to run the extra tests is never good news. Possibly the best they will be able to do is rule out some reasons. Three months in that awful place is a long time.

Looking at him in some family photos on Flickr taken in 2006, while I know we can all take some unflattering pictures at times, but in a couple of shots there's a certain unsmiling, dark look to his eyes that certainly looks like another side to the rather cuddly, grey-haired smiling widower that Helen was to meet a few years later. Burly bloke too, would imagine that he had some strength.

I do still wonder about his feeling towards the dog. The dog that was a lasting reminder of her last, and more important, relationship, therefore a constant reminder. I wouldn't mind betting that at least a few times he had said to her about her loving the dog more than him.

Looking at him in some family photos on Flickr taken in 2006, while I know we can all take some unflattering pictures at times, but in a couple of shots there's a certain unsmiling, dark look to his eyes that certainly looks like another side to the rather cuddly, grey-haired smiling widower that Helen was to meet a few years later. Burly bloke too, would imagine that he had some strength.

I do still wonder about his feeling towards the dog. The dog that was a lasting reminder of her last, and more important, relationship, therefore a constant reminder. I wouldn't mind betting that at least a few times he had said to her about her loving the dog more than him.
Link please?

Milly, had the same thoughts looking at him in the family pics - a sort of brooding expression and he looked almost removed from the rest of the group in all the pics. Tried to gauge the wife's expression in the pics but couldn't detect anything strange

Milly, had the same thoughts looking at him in the family pics - a sort of brooding expression and he looked almost removed from the rest of the group in all the pics. Tried to gauge the wife's expression in the pics but couldn't detect anything strange

She looks like a nice person. Perhaps an outgoing type, where he looks more closed off.

I did post the link here after you last asked, but seems to have been removed???

Have messaged you.

Off topic, but this is a really sad story of another children's author.

helen-gradwell.jpg

A young children’s author's body lay undiscovered for FOUR months.

An unopened letter delivered after Helen Gradwell's death revealed that a publisher had agreed to put her first novel into print.

Ms Gradwell, 39, suffered from crippling migraines, and her badly decomposed body was found in her home in Heaton, Bolton , in April.

Among the post piled up behind the front door was a letter from a London publisher accepting her first novel, The Nature’s Spirits.

Ms Gradwell, 39, probably took too much of the strong painkiller Tramadol to treat her debilitating hemiplegic migraines, an inquest heard.

She was found lying face down on the floor of her living room by police after a concerned neighbour raised the alarm.

The inquest heard that Christmas decorations were still up at her home and analysis of her phone revealed she had last used it to send a text message to a friend cancelling a meeting on December 30 last year.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...en-gradwell-childrens-author-inquest-11718389

That is tragic, and another children’s author named Helen is lost to us. Certainly condolences to the family.

Whether she had the familial hemiplegic migraine (FHM) or the sporadic hemiplegic migraine (SHM), both present with the usual aural symptoms—visual, sensory, aphasic and motor—but the SHM usually lasts no longer than a day.

One has to wonder about the wisdom of giving a patient who lives alone Tramadol for migraine, or indeed, giving it at all for migraine.. From what I’ve read, the most prevailing sentiment among physicians is NOT to use opioids for migraine for fear that opioids will cause increased headaches the more they are used because they create an enhanced sensitivity to, and intensity of, pain.

Of course, patients who become addicted to the initial euphoria of opioids are another subject. Apparently, this addictive element has led physicians in the USA to more carefully monitor the previously unfettered access patients have historically had to opioid pain relief.

On a peripheral but related note, I urge everyone, but especially my most introverted, isolated, solo friends, and I have some (I am somewhat of one! But I have a partner & family), to make contact once every other day or so with someone. I know this is easier said than done with some people, especially people in extreme physical or psychic pain. But I don’t give these folks a choice—at the very least, they have to acknowledge a text or I’m sending search party. Texting, btw, is actually perfect for introverts. Harder for Seniors, maybe, but if you can print, you can text! There are people who have zero family, zero friends, I realize; but if you DO know somebody, check ON or check IN with somebody at least once every 3-4 days. Now that life is so often lived in the virtual sphere, this is more important than ever. I feel so badly that she did not live to see that letter of acceptance for her book.

As a fellow Helen, I send wishes to heaven that I will meet them some day and they can tell me a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416