GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there was an inquest so presumably tissue samples were taken. Wonder how long they're kept.

To be accurate, it was WITHDRAWL from Zoplicone which has epilepsy as a rare side effect. It does not, of course, preclude IS' involvement in her untimely demise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ah thanks Batface - I didn't know it was the withdrawl of zoplicone.

To be accurate, it was WITHDRAWL from Zoplicone which has epilepsy as a rare side effect. It does not, of course, preclude IS' involvement in her untimely demise.

I've said this before but bears repeating here. If her epilepsy was controlled by medication he may have been depriving her of it secretly (swapping it with other meds for example) to bring on a fit. Imagine if it happened while she was driving.

Thanks Cotton - blindsided is the best way to describe it. Poor lady. The amount of destruction IS has caused four sets of families and friends is unbelievable.

I've read that they are going over the pathology reports, not the original samples. I imagine they are long disposed of given there was no suspicion at the time.

IIRC he said she was 16 when she had her first seizure but I can't find it now. Anyway here's some other refs to Diane. ( ETA - the age 16 is actually in the quote I already pasted. Der! Am baking whilst posting, cannot multi-task.. )
“Jamie was born in 1992, when I was still in Cambridge. “That didn’t go smoothly. Diane had had epileptic fits when she was about 16, during the pregnancy of Jamie she had very high blood pressure. “She was out shopping and had a fit then and there. I was called to hospital. “Jamie was not a natural birth, he was born by C section. It was a bit of a panic.”

“Diane then had another epileptic fit, she was in hospital, but the consequence of that was serious. “She was banned from driving for three years. She made up her mind that she wasn’t going to go back to work and was going to be a stay at home mum. “The main reason we moved to Bassingbourn was because we wanted more space. I then had less than a five minute drive to work. “We lived in a caravan whilst the house was being built on farmer’s land. “We had to borrow some money to buy the land.”

“During the work on the house I would find myself tired and unable to do anything quicker than my dad. “I realised something was wrong then (1994/95). “Oliver was born the same year, in May 1995. Diane was taking medication for epilepsy. “We moved into the house, it wasn’t finished but it was liveable. “I started to notice more and more things going wrong with my health. What really bought it to a head is that I was trying to hammer a nail in, and on the third bang my arm just wouldn’t move. “That’s what drove me to go to hospital. I was diagnosed almost instantly with Myasthenia gravis.

I just didn't u'stand why he would be so detailed on this if her med records did not bear out that she WAS at some point diagnosed as an epileptic. It makes no sense. Why risk that lie?

anyway , a refresher on other verbiage

“I used to comment on the blog. “One of the problems, and we’ve seen this with other widows, when everyone first loses someone the first thing that goes through everyone’s mind is ‘I’m never going to get with anyone else, I can’t replace who I’ve lost.’ “Diane had always said if anything happened to me I do want to see you with someone else. “My thoughts for the first few months after she died were ‘no way’.”
:thinking:

“Sometimes Helen was worried our relationship was going too fast. In the summer of 2012 we were seeing each other almost constantly. “In April she saw Diane’s jewellery box and asked if she could look at it. She picked up an eternity ring I got Diane in Greece. “That was a special ring for Diane. Helen said ‘would I mind if she put it on? So she did, she really liked it’. “I said would you like it? Maybe some people wouldn’t understand that. She said yes. I gave her Diane’s eternity ring, which I had cleaned and engraved. It was two rings, and the diamond was between the two bands. “I’d had engraved on one band ‘BB’ and on another band ‘LB’ - as in Broad Bean and Live Bean.” Stewart breaks down in the witness stand as he said: “It was a way of continuing the love from Diane on to Helen. Helen never told anyone that I don’t think, because most people wouldn’t understand that......
“The MG was mine which I bought not long after Diane died.

So Diane said, I want you to re-marry AND recycle my jewellery Ian. Hmm. Course she did.

I would find it easy to believe he had used the medication swap MO before anyway.

I don't think they really have a choice about whether they will think about it, anyone would question it given the circumstances, and once you start questioning I think the most peace comes from an answer. I'm really not sure they will get an answer about Diane though.

You'd have to blank it out and just blindly go on believing that it was natural - I can't imagine going through every day wondering if your own child had been murdered by the person she loved and not having answers. IS has shown himself to be a worthless piece of filth so I wouldn't expect him to spend a second thinking of his first wife's mother's feelings and come clean if he did kill her. And if he didn't then we could never know as you can't prove that he isn't telling the truth.

I get the impression that Diane was the social backbone of that bowls club, and far more well-liked than IS. And we all know that Helen was the sociable one in that partnership too. Which leads me to believe that IS leeched off their energy and popularity, but harboured resentment and jealousy. I think we are dealing with a misogynist as well as a psychopath.

I get the impression that Diane was the social backbone of that bowls club, and far more well-liked than IS. And we all know that Helen was the sociable one in that partnership too. Which leads me to believe that IS leeched off their energy and popularity, but harboured resentment and jealousy. I think we are dealing with a misogynist as well as a psychopath.

I'd say his evidence about his mum and childhood should tell us a lot about that.

Death of father in law 6 months before could have been a trigger. Putting himself in Diane's place as possible beneficiary - looking longer term.

Thanks so much Cotton. If Diane did indeed have epilepsy her closest friends and family would have surely mentioned it? I know a few friends who had fits in childhood and they still wear wrists just in case.

Its very weird that zopiclone has a side effect of epilepsy....

BIB Me too Tiny. Have a friend since age 3 and she started at 15 and has had them all her life. I know her triggers and she also knows now just before she is likely to have them - ie. within a few hours. If she hasn't mentioned it though, it's also quite easy to sometimes see the start before she begins fitting.

PS. Some of the epi barbiturates can also exacerbate the Mg. eg Phenytoin which was a classic epi med in Diane's era. ( A wily person might even take a few to bring on some symptoms......)

Death of father in law 6 months before could have been a trigger. Putting himself in Diane's place as possible beneficiary - looking longer term.

Ding ding ding!

Hi all,

just caught up! So so pleased that toe rag got 34 years. He is vile and I am disgusted he was given the option of not even appearing on video link. I am sorry but it's unacceptable and for a heinous crime he should have been in court receiving his sentence.
Thanks /so much Alyce and Torts for the updates and all you Sleuthers for all your interesting comments this am.

I like to think that he is in such a terrible state mentally now that he can't appear.

Off topic but I once lived in a shared house with friends and my friend once invited a workmate and his wife to dinner. Nice young chap, liked my cat . A few months later he'd murdered a prostitute and has spent many years in prison, no remorse and has become a 'transsexual'. They get some special privileges I believe. One simply 'cannot tell' if anyone is harbouring vile secrets. I don't think IS will go down the sex change route but he may because I think they get out of things.

I like to think that he is in such a terrible state mentally now that he can't appear.

He is having the biggest sulk/tantrum of his life. He is furious that he wasn't believed.

IIRC he said she was 16 when she had her first seizure but I can't find it now. Anyway here's some other refs to Diane.

RSBM.

Here's the bit about her being 16: “Jamie was born in 1992, when I was still in Cambridge. “That didn’t go smoothly. Diane had had epileptic fits when she was about 16, during the pregnancy of Jamie she had very high blood pressure. “She was out shopping and had a fit then and there. I was called to hospital. “Jamie was not a natural birth, he was born by C section. It was a bit of a panic.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-trial-12566970

The most interesting thing, for me, about his mentions of Diane was when he first brought up her epilepsy. It wasn't in a natural, conversational way where he was describing a scenario where she had a fit. He inserted it randomly when talking about when his own health started to fail. It certainly had no bearing on what he was saying. It was manipulated into his story because there was nowhere natural to put it. Because (IMO), it wasn't a natural occurrence, so he struggled with finding a natural way to bring it up. This is where he first mentions it:

“During the work on the house I would find myself tired and unable to do anything quicker than my dad. “I realised something was wrong then (1994/95). “Oliver was born the same year, in May 1995. Diane was taking medication for epilepsy. “We moved into the house, it wasn’t finished but it was liveable. “I started to notice more and more things going wrong with my health."

It's a typical thing to do when you're lying about something but know you need to bring it up to insert it as if it's a memory you've just recalled. But it's clearly not a natural memory since it doesn't match anything he's saying. There's no true recall there; just a manipulative way to mention her epilepsy.

Nothing unusual about him! It was through the bowls club that they knew him.

Gosh, she has some integrity. I'd be tempted to come up with stories to sell to the Sun about how he insisted on seasoning Diane's food with "special salt" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member