GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone started a Diane Stewart thread, or are we just continuing here?

Just read the DM article but I can see Tiny already got there and posted the link.

Answers some questions and raises others on timings.

-The anon Lem relative who says D had no epilepsy, who is conducting " own investigation"
- now we have him in the kitchen and Diane having a fit on the patio- wonder where this detail has come from, as only IS would know. Was he really that talkative to locals after the death about his version? Also says she was working full time.
-The other neighbour who was quoted as being male in the STimes & female in the previous DM article, place her "in the back garden"

- Appears as if the journalist has met with BManley again: more details on the temper , driving history, only teenage epilepsy. I wonder if she did still have her own separate car in 2010?
- Then the village "talk" about the mystery "wife" and more teasers about other women. He was seeing two women simultaneously after Diane, spoiling them by trips to Royston Tesco and all this before the Inquest is completed - so within 3 months, apparently.
Hmmm, very brazen in that red MG, it's almost as if he was making a point.

Usual caveats : none of the MSM has been reliable, uncredited sources, local talk.....Interesting though.

I wonder if he wooed them with Ferraro Rocher? Well, the Aldi version, perhaps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link Tiny - ah if only the journos did read here, they might get their details right.

He couldnt have met Diane at Salford in 1985 - he graduated from there in 1982 .... and Diane didnt begin to work at Fowlmere until 2008.

Sounds like a rehash of Bill Manley's radio interview with a few extra snippets added.

Re the kitchen - as Cotton says, we only have IS word for that - and we all know how reliable he is - but the kitchen is very close to the living area. I would have thought he might have chosen to be in another room, further away from the patio.

Also, this line about Diane giving up work when O was born. The way IS presented this was always as though it was because of Ds epilepsy, whereas it could just have been a sensible plan, to stay at home with a new born and a 3 year old, rather than pay for child care. ( I dout IS would have been a hands on dad ).

I think it's very likely the epilepsy could have been a one off occurence in D's teens. As has been said before, people with epilepsy always make their friends and colleagues aware of this, in case of emergency.

Still, at least this is keeping Diane in the news and hopefully means we will hear more as the investigation progresses.

Have been wondering if Diane perhaps had adolescent epilepsy.

My daughter developed Petit Mal epilepsy when she was thirteen, her episodes were quite troublesome throughout her teens. Her consultant was sure that she "grow" out of them at some point, she did get a drivers licence reviewed 3 yearly however by the age of 22/23 she was fit free, she gradually stopped medication and they ceased. 23 years on she is fine.

Her consultant was right it was an adolescent "thing"

Yeah they definitely made a mistake with the university dates didn't they. I don't understand why things like that don't get checked.

Yeah they definitely made a mistake with the university dates didn't they. I don't understand why things like that don't get checked.

They don't have time. It was different when there was only print media with one or maximum two editions a day, and the news was on TV in a few main programmes rather than 24 hour channels.
Reporting now seems to be largely copying, cribbing and stealing from social media.

Has anyone started a Diane Stewart thread, or are we just continuing here?

We don't yet know though, whether her death was natural or by the hands of IS. We might never know.

Meanwhile, I hope he has been given frequent close encounters with sewage since he's been banged up.

Was speaking with a relative today who knows someone close to the investigation. Evidently they have been actively looking into Diane's death since September but fairly covertly until the outcome of this trial was known.

I suspect we will never know if Diane died as a result of something done by IS because she was cremated. Then again I guess they have ways and means of looking into all manner of remains. I would suspect both sons have been asked if they have any keepsakes of their Mum which might offer clues...am thinking lock of hair etc.

I would be interested to know what injuries there were to the body. If she crashed to the ground - certainly if on the concrete patio - there would be bruising at least to the body, and trauma. If she had a seizure how did she actually die? Trauma to head, choking, or what would it be?

Diane had an appointment at bowls, on the day of her dying, along with her husband. They were, I guess, due to arrive around 6.30/7 pm. Diane would have been very conscientious about this bowls meeting, as she seems to show in her whole nature. I know that embolisms and many ways of dying have no warning .. but somehow I feel, Diane was not feeling unwell, had not felt a need to alter her plans for the evening ahead .. and Yes - there does, of course, suggest a huge natural attack on her or another as a precipitator.
IF Diane died of 'natural causes' - and this happened on the patio, were there signs of bruising on her head as she hit hard slabs?
Just realising I am crossing Milly M's post of questions. But IF there were no injuries to Diane that sadly mirrors Helen's coronary view .. soft tissue unharmed, gentle murder.

If she had a seizure how did she actually die? Trauma to head, choking, or what would it be?

Diane's death certificate states the cause was SUDEP and there was an inquest, but no criminal investigation at the time. SUDEP is defined as the sudden, unexpected, witnessed or unwitnessed, non-traumatic, and non-drowning death in patients with epilepsy with or without evidence for a seizure, and excluding documented status epilepticus, in which postmortem examination does not reveal a structural or toxicological cause for death - so the PM didn't show how she died, as far as we know. SUDEP is when someone is believed to have died during or after a seizure where no other cause of death can be found.

What we know:

SUDEP is thought to happen either during or following a seizure, it is possible that it is due to a problem with the person’s heart or breathing during or following the seizure.

On 25th June 2010, Diane lost her life in the garden at her home in Bassingbourn, suddenly and completely unexpected.

SUDEP is thought to be more likely in people with frequent seizures, particularly convulsive seizures, than in people with infrequent seizures.

Diane didn't have frequent seizures.

IS was the only person present.

DCI Jerome Kent and his team of 27 detectives are currently studying toxicology and histology (cell/tissue) tests from Diane’s post-mortem.

They are also looking at statements taken at the time, speaking with her friends and family and checking what medication would have been in the house.

What we don't know:

If Diane had a seizure just before she died.

If Diane was ever diagnosed with epilepsy.

If yes, what was the cause of the epilepsy - symptomatic epilepsy meaning there is a known cause (such as a brain injury) or idiopathic epilepsy meaning that the epilepsy is usually genetic or inherited?

If yes, what diagnostic tool/s was/were used?

If Diane was prescribed and took anti-epileptic drugs?

If yes, did she take them consistently (every day) and around the same time or times each day?

If yes, did the toxicology report show the expected levels of AED's in her system?

If Diane 'fell' to the ground.

If yes, did her body show any visible signs of injury?

Maybe others can add to the 'what we know/don't know' lists.

Did the LE test Boris' hair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, supposedly it was SUDEP = the sudden, unexpected, witnessed or unwitnessed, non-traumatic, and non-drowning death in patients with epilepsy with or without evidence for a seizure, and excluding documented status epilepticus, in which postmortem examination does not reveal a structural or toxicological cause for death - so the PM didn't show how, as far as we know. SUDEP is when someone is believed to have died during or after a seizure where no other cause of death can be found.

What we know:

SUDEP is thought to happen either during or following a seizure, it is possible that it is due to a problem with the person’s heart or breathing during or following the seizure.

On 25th June 2010, Diane lost her life in the garden at her home in Bassingbourn, suddenly and completely unexpected.

SUDEP is thought to be more likely in people with frequent seizures, particularly convulsive seizures,
than in people with infrequent seizures.

Diane didn't have frequent seizures.

IS was the only person present.

What we don't know:

If Diane had a seizure just before she died.

If Diane was ever diagnosed with epilepsy.

If yes, what was the cause of the epilepsy - symptomatic epilepsy meaning there is a known cause (such as a brain injury) or idiopathic epilepsy meaning that the epilepsy is usually genetic or inherited?

If yes, what diagnostic tool/s was/were used?

If Diane was prescribed and took anti-epileptic drugs?

If yes, did she take them consistently (every day) and around the same time or times each day?

If yes, did the toxicology report show the expected levels of APD's in her system?

If Diane 'fell' to the ground.

If yes, did her body show any visible signs of injury?

Maybe others can add to the 'what we know/don't know' lists.

Yes, I'm very curious as to how he may have stumbled on the perfect murder method.

'seen with women' intrigues me. Who were they? How much money did they have? What did they talk about? Was there any 'love bombing'?

'seen with women' intrigues me. Who were they? How much money did they have? What did they talk about? Was there any 'love bombing'?

I would like to add to that,

How and why did their relationship end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads