GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they do BB - I have seen this before, with a man who was serving a life sentence...he was still re arrested on suspicion ( later proven I think ) of a similar crime.

Thanks for the the detail. Havn't came across this previously.

Afaik in the UK - the police can also interview under caution without arrest. It's known as caution plus 3 interview
or voluntary interview

See: Voluntary Interview - Walker Law Ltd

Just thinking out loud ...
Generally is arrest perhaps used where an individual is not being not particulary cooperative?

I found this
A voluntary interview is equally evidentially valuable. Should a suspect refuse to be interviewed by the police his arrest (in order to interview him) now becomes necessary and therefore lawful. Note that refusing to answer questions is a suspect’s right and not the same thing as refusing to be interviewed; his duty is only to listen to the questions.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAUegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw1Sb29yburlDUw-bpD364NY

Last edited:
Sounds sensible, re the arrest if the suspect is not being helpful.
Can't really see IS being helpful in any way whatsoever and more than likely he would be disruptive. He probably thought Diane's death was a long forgotten issue ( well it was to him, I'm sure ).

Sounds sensible, re the arrest if the suspect is not being helpful.
Can't really see IS being helpful in any way whatsoever and more than likely he would be disruptive. He probably thought Diane's death was a long forgotten issue ( well it was to him, I'm sure ).

He appears to be fairly good at forgetting things alright. It's ironic that he was unable to remember Helen's birth date during the infamous phone call to report her missing. He might remember it now as the day he was arrested with regard to the death of his wife ...

Home where best-selling children's author Helen Bailey was murdered goes on market for £1.4m | Daily Mail Online

Home where best-selling children's author Helen Bailey was murdered and her body dumped in a cesspit by her fiance goes on market for £1.4m

He will not get a penny because killers cannot inherit from their victims.+13

But questions have been raised over how much money his children Jamie, 24, and Oliver 21, will inherit - as they were named in Ms Bailey's will as ‘discretionary beneficiaries’.

But impertinent and nosy Daily Mail staff are trying to find out how much money his children Jamie, 24, and Oliver 21, will inherit - as they were named in Ms Bailey's will as ‘discretionary beneficiaries’.

Just amending for accuracy.

Financial adviser Tony Hurley is the sole executor with the power to divide up the money into other trusts. When contacted by MailOnline today he would not comment on who would benefit from the sale of the property.

Quite right too.

I guess with a house like this, if you want to sell it, there is no other way than to go through with it and tell it like it is. Prospective buyers only have to google the address to know what has happened there, if they do not know already.

While it is none of anyone's business, I do hope that those boys do inherit something that helps them on their way in life. Their father is in prison for murder, he is also a suspect in the death of their mother. None of it is of their own making, yet it must be hard for them and there is little they can do. I hope they have the support that they need.

Thanks for the update IB - drop in price to enable a sale then ?

Wonder why they would not organise another means of waste disposal rather than keep the tank.

Having said that, I suppose there may be some folk who are not concerned by past history.

Interesting that Zoopla have had it listed since September 18 - papers seem to have just caught up now

Adding link for info, but not much more than at IBs earlier link

5 bed detached house for sale in Baldock Road, Royston SG8 - Zoopla

In Helen's Blog - she talks about the dreams she had after her husband died. Poignantly she describes one about her house and finding that others lived there ...

I was in my house, but it was no longer mine. I’d walk through the door and find someone else living there. Confused, I’d plead with them that there had to be some mistake, that this was my home, that they had got it wrong, not me. And then I’d wake up, in a state.

It's sad that her dreams of her house belonging to someone else will inevitability come through the way it has ...

Murder documentary series for Philip Glenister.

Crime and Investigation Channel (UK) launches new series. First Episode about Helen Bailey. Could be interesting. I have never watched any programmes in this series and therefore cannot recommend (or otherwise).

The four-part documentary series launches next month on Crime+Investigation

"Crime+Investigation channel next month launches a brand new true crime series which sheds new light on some of the most callous and violent crimes in recent years, by examining What The Killer Did Next.. – which is also the title of the programme, handy that.

The first episode, on February 4th, looks at the demise of renowned children’s author Helen Bailey was reported missing by her fiancé Ian Stewart after she had not been seen for four days."

More can be found here:-

Murder documentary series for Philip Glenister

Yes, the comment was interesting. A case of "like father, like son" it seems. The possible murder of his wife is still under investigation. It is taking an awfully long time to come to a conclusion about this.

Well that was dreadful - I started making a list of all the errors, it annoyed me so much - the worst bit being where they said IS never gave evidence and refused to attend his trial !

I wonder how they research these cases ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste