GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I'm piecing together from the evidence.

On the day he killed Helen, IS didn't have a story planned beyond Helen and Boris going out locally, either walking or visiting someone by public transport or taxi, and not returning. Perhaps she forgot to tell him she had plans, he is playing on her forgetfulness. He will raise the alarm on Tuesday when he wakes up and realises she didn't come home while he was asleep.

That is the sole reason behind the story about Helen having an incident Monday morning in her Jeep.

It would explain why her Jeep was outside and she wasn't there. I believe he told that story to his sons on Monday evening (I do not believe the 'coincidence' of two sons knowing Helen wasn't at home and not saying a word, one maybe, not both). After that IS has to repeat that driving incident to all and sundry because that's what he'd told J and O. It became a permanent fixture in his account of Monday morning. Police were unable to find Helen or her Jeep anywhere on CCTV or ANPR that morning. Helen's online activity that morning shows IS made it up.

IS panicked overnight about his hiding place for Helen and Boris not being as secure as he once reckoned. What if it was discovered? He had to do something to stop a search and give everyone an indication of where Helen had gone. He thought this was fail-safe, everyone would be thrown off the scent by the Broadstairs story, police would have no reason to search the home beyond anything cursory, looking for her belongings etc.

He has to invent a note because it's too late now to send a fake text message from Helen's phone, and it's also too late to send an email from Helen to him. He knows his sons know Helen wasn't home on Monday night.

While O and J are at work on Tuesday he practices Helen's handwriting and produces a note. "Gone to Broadstairs. Ring me. Love you xx".

He hasn't included anything in the note about Helen not wanting him to contact her in any way. He's written 'ring me'. He's made it a loving note because he doesn't want anyone to think they had argued before she left.

So why does he then start to tell people that Helen said 'don't contact me in any way'? I believe this was first said to John Bailey on Wednesday. He realises (bit slow off the mark) that he hasn't phoned her. He's put 'ring me' in the note looking at it from one angle of creating a harmonious relationship, but not looking at it in terms of it requiring him to act on her request. This is a man who is fire-fighting. As people ask questions he is spurred into action to create a solution. He forgets to destroy the note but doesn't think it's important because he's not expecting police to search his things.

So he dupes J and O first on Tuesday night. Hence the nerves and calling O into his study to tell him Helen's gone to Broadstairs, as if it's some massive announcement. O just shrugs and says it's her place and up to her what she does.

Then John Bailey calls early on Wednesday morning. He's not prepared for that and blurts out 'I thought you would know.' This is an outright lie on the spot, that sees him well and truly bitten on the bum. Whatever he says about Joe and Nick he can't explain saying he thought Helen would have told John she was going to or was already in Broadstairs. The story is that it was unscheduled and unexpected so she didn't give anyone advance notice, and if IS knew Helen had come to harm from J&N she wouldn't have let her brother know she was there for an impromptu break either.

IS has to tell JohnB about the 'Jeep upset', because he's locked into that account now by J & O being aware of it, and John specifically asks him what happened that morning. What stands out is IS can't say why she was upset. This shows he has moved on to another far bigger, better and more relevant story to relate (the note), and is caught out by the question. Prior to the call from John he hadn't invented a plausible scenario and finds it impossible to embellish on the spot. His original plan had already fallen by the wayside. Everyone who knows Helen would not be surprised she hadn't driven herself to Broadstairs because she wasn't a confident driver, so the Jeep outside didn't need an 'incident' any more.

That is how I believe the story evolved by Wednesday.

ETA So why doesn't he write a new note saying 'don't contact me?'. John Bailey asked him to read him the note over the phone. Because he hadn't given the actual wording of this any thought yet, he decided on the spur of the moment to say he had thrown it away.

This became another new addition to his version to tell police on Friday - 'I threw the note away.'

It's not the first time and I would wager my mother's first born on the fact that it won't be the last time that I agree with you to the letter, my Geochelone Elegan friend.

And I quite like my sister.

There are references on Twitter I think.

Thank you. Found it.

Feb 29 , 2016 tweet to the dealer saying thank you for great service.

So some time late Feb then

edited as found more accurate info

Hi all. I just want to thank everyone for the updates, tweets and extra information and comments here,
such 1st class stuff. Also the clear descriptions about the court from LitUp made me feel I was there in person.

I'm just a lurker on this case as I don't have the knowledge of Helen that you have all brought into this thread from her book and blogs. Nevertheless were I on the jury I would be considering a guilty verdict on the cadaver dog's alerts alone. Cadaver scent on trousers in their bedroom and the kitchen bench and cleaning materials is quite damning for me, I like incontrovertible facts. The other evidence we have heard just affirms the crime imo.

Must not forget plumage's interesting post about LPA. Seems IS possibly confused GPA with LPA - quite a difference between the two, another c**k up he made.

I hope to hear from IS, but am expecting some "ill health" preventing him from taking the stand next week.
Again - thanks to you all for the excellent info.

I've been here on quite a number of occasions. I am touched by the dignity of Helen's brother and partner. It seems so obvious to me from everything I've heard that Ian Stewart is guilty. What puzzles me more than anything is how he didn't realise just how lucky he was to have met such a beautiful and generous woman who welcomed his two sons to share their lives. He simply isn't very bright. He looks like a shadow of his former self. Julys

I've been here on quite a number of occasions. I am touched by the dignity of Helen's brother and partner. It seems so obvious to me from everything I've heard that Ian Stewart is guilty. What puzzles me more than anything is how he didn't realise just how lucky he was to have met such a beautiful and generous woman who welcomed his two sons to share their lives. He simply isn't very bright. He looks like a shadow of his former self. Julys

Your posts here today have vividly conjured up the proceedings and the individuals involved, thank you Lit Up! Yes, perhaps the biggest evidence of IS stupidity (not to mention his psychopathy), is that he chose to destroy a wonderful woman who loved him. And for what? Cold currency. There doesn't appear to be any other woman in the wings, so it seems he preferred the prospect of living alone with millions in the bank, than making a life with Helen and sharing her bounty together in a comfortable married life. And he is not some impetuous, twenty or even thirty-something man with a lot of life left to live. That he displayed such barbaric greed, single mindedness and cruelty as he approaches his retirement years to my mind makes him all the more dangerous and cold hearted.

On a separate note - regarding IS claim that Helen returned home flustered on the morning of Monday April 11th saying she'd had an incident in the jeep and was never going to drive again. Didn't his son's girlfriend blow this claim out of the water when she said Helen had seemed out of sorts and not terribly friendly on SATURDAY night, and she had heard she'd had an incident in her jeep that had upset her, so put it down to that? This suggests to me Helen maybe had a little near-miss in the jeep the week before her murder, and it gave IS the idea to pretend if happened on the morning of her disappearance, purely to explain why she left the vehicle at home.

I think there most probably was such an incident, possibly pre-dating the Jeep, and IS used it as we know. The girlfriend probably heard it from him, and connected it with Helen's mood on the Saturday. But that could have been down to something else altogether.

Ach, gonna have to have a mammoth catch up sesh; work too demanding to be online.

What I would like to hear from others here in the Websleuths court, what the consensus of opinion is:

do you think he acted alone and with no other party privy to any knowledge whatsoever of HB's death?

do you think he was in collusion with another party in the carrying out of the act?

do you think another party had knowledge of the act in the hours/days/months after it had taken place?

The real key is the sons have cast iron alibis

So that leaves IS as last man standing so to speak.

He is the last one to see the victim alive, and he controls the premises.

That is why the defence is reduced to inventing mysterious perps months later

But the problem with that is the note and the drugs.

DO the sons have cast iron alibis though, do we know this for a fact? Have their whereabouts been corroborated by others at work places, by colleagues and/or by having to sign in or out. However much we may want it to be IS as the sole guilty party, in my mind I want to be 100% sure that he is and that he wasn't covering for anyone else or acting with, anyone else.

I personally think he acted alone throughout and that it was quite important to him to do so. I think there's a strong need to feel powerful and in control here and he'd never risk those feelings by sharing.

I also strongly suspect he had some involvement in his wife's death on the same basis.

I think he would need for his sons to see him as an all-powerful protector wonder dad.

If any of you guys want to hear what one of the prosecution counsel sounds like, Stuart Trimmer QC is a bit of a bible basher in his spare time, and you can hear him talk about the meaning of Christmas here, lol

http://www.woodsidegreencc.org.uk/nwlkWGCCWS/index.php/audio-talks/messages/teacher/stuart-trimmer

As I said earlier, I listened to his talk The Attractions of Wealth
Worth a listen even if you only manage a few minutes of it ( its 39 mins in all )

A few great lines

Whoever loves money, never has enough
Your life does not consist of possessions
If you think having the time of your life is all about wealth, you are wrong

dont think Mr T and IS would have very much in common

DO the sons have cast iron alibis though, do we know this for a fact? Have their whereabouts been corroborated by others at work places, by colleagues and/or by having to sign in or out. However much we may want it to be IS as the sole guilty party, in my mind I want to be 100% sure that he is and that he wasn't covering for anyone else or acting with, anyone else.

The police would have checked their alibis. It is basic routine enquiries in a murder case.
Living in the house, they would have been high on the list of suspicion.

I wonder if he's going to keep up the disappearing note story or just admit that he made that bit up (probably under pressure from Nick and Joe, who held a duvet to his head and forced him)

My tea just came out my damn nose.

Milly, I have added my comments on to yours,in bold.

Thank you, Alyce. As always, on the ball with facts.

I think we still need more information about the comings and goings of ALL members of that household.

Pretty much agree with all of this. How do we explain the text to her on the Monday evening?

I've also considered IS claiming he didn't know helen was dead and it only occurred to him in December that the only people who could have done what happened are this nick and joe who he had the previous (obviously made up) run in with. Like you said though. How does he explain the note away in that case? And the deleting of everything and the instruction to go to broadstairs.

Ah ha!......What if he says this pair told him they'd kidnapped helen and they were after her money. He was trying to sort out the money for them as ransom. the December reveal still runs a bit late for me on this mind you. If this was the case it should have been when the body was found he said this..... still a **** story though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that text would be him having his first round of doubts on the Monday night and deciding to add a few flourishes to the story that he has by now told to J and O.
As Tortoise says, it was too late by then for him to do either a text from Helen's phone or an email from her account.
But, as he has not yet thought up the note idea, he can send a text from him to her.
No words, just a few XXXs, keep it simple ( which is one of his slogans on his wonderful web site )

ha ha....just read the bit about the ransom money........that would explain why he was in a hurry to get the Gateshead flat sold no doubt

anyone read a blog comment where HB says that Boris has been ill?

would probably have been somewhere between Jan- March?

What did it say?

Saw this tweet in response to the person saying their dog had been rushed to vet some kind of allergy bumps all over its head:
Helen Bailey (@HelenEBailey) tweeted at 7:49 PM on Fri, Apr 01, 2016:
@LibertyLndnGirl Boris used to get this when visiting my partner's garden. We moved house and it stopped. Never found the culprit.

Marking my spot on this thread so that I can find it without difficulty tomorrow when that troll takes the stand

LOL I like that. But I think he isnt up until Monday. Pros will be finishing up tomorrow so IS has one more week end to refine and refresh his stories !

Ach, gonna have to have a mammoth catch up sesh; work too demanding to be online.

What I would like to hear from others here in the Websleuths court, what the consensus of opinion is:

do you think he acted alone and with no other party privy to any knowledge whatsoever of HB's death?

Yes

do you think he was in collusion with another party in the carrying out of the act?

No

do you think another party had knowledge of the act in the hours/days/months after it had taken place?

I dont think anyone else knew exactly what happened, but I do suspect that some things were either known or perhaps just very strongly suspected by a n other, after the fact

my responses in bold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member