GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed Brown QC would be brilliant at cross-examining this twerp. I watched him in action in the Ben Butler murder trial, and thought Butler would leap across from the witness box to head butt him at one point. He really had him riled, but did it in such a calm plummy sarcastic voice.

Many thanks for all the updates, and for the re-referencing back to some queried points on the "agreed facts" - you must have copious notes to hand, I am so impressed !
So many comments bringing laughter too, most welcome in what has been a stressful morning followed by a painfully boring afternoon in court.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed tonight. I'm dreading having to listen to the rest of his EiC. Bring on the XX. Obviously I'm not familiar with Trimmer, but he has a huge amount to work with. I hope he goes for the jugular at the outset.

Goodnight all. :bed:

I never stopped loving her

Vs

I've never stopped loving her.

He's such a dunce, I can barely read it all without cringing. Phew! Just caught up... I literally love you lot. Have been chuckling my way through the pages!

Everyone on board to Dullsville; population Ian Stewart.

Someone wake me up when he says anything remotely relevant...zzzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading through his testimony reminds me of this 2 Ronnies Sketch
[video=youtube;4lsZiRRKpvQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lsZiRRKpvQ[/video]

Someone here seemed to know she wasn't epileptic.

I think it may have been me - I found something her sister wrote on a social media site saying the Coroner verdict was 'Sudden unexpected epilepsy' or words to that effect. I guess there may have been some history there though.

No, I've just turned night into day. I slept in until 11.00. It's now like it was in the OP days. My husband wasn't surprised. He got used to it long ago. At least I'm not climbing up on the high point of the garage roof and swinging jeans to make them land the right way, running upstairs and downstairs with a stopwatch, re-arranging all the furniture in a room, blah, blah, blah. Those were the days. :floorlaugh:

Do you remember we both ran a big fan and draped the curtain "around" it and listened for a noise being made some 30 ft away. Couldn't hear a door slam let alone a window closing. As you say those were the days.

It was the first trial I had followed (and watched). My life was on hold for the entire length of it. :) I definitely became addicted and said never again but here I am and enjoying every moment. Just hope he goes down for a long time and we hear no more of him.

Ed Brown QC would be brilliant at cross-examining this twerp. I watched him in action in the Ben Butler murder trial, and thought Butler would leap across from the witness box to head butt him at one point. He really had him riled, but did it in such a calm plummy sarcastic voice.

Were you there to see some of that Tortoise. It was a chilling case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YIKES. Terribly sorry, this thread has gotten very long. I will work on a fresh one and be back with a link shortly.

Thread #5 is ready for you. Please begin to move over as this one will close in 10 minutes.

15:24
Stewart was unable to return to work after severe attack

Stewart also said effectively he only has one vocal chord as a result of complications with his operations. “I’ve been in intensive care five or six times. Generally, I was down there because they’re so concerned. “I went back to work and we went on holiday. I had a severe attack and ended up in intensive care in France. “I was flown back to Addenbrooke’s and was in intensive care there for a while. “Following my discharge from there I never went back to work again on advice from the doctors. “It’s not known what brings my Myasthenia gravis on.”

I'm playing catch up and rapidly losing the will to live reading this drivel! Send me some of your Whoopee Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzonk pills Dolly - NOW!

This is their proof that it wasn't Helen who amended the standing order, it was on IS' laptop.

I don't know how Tara missed this vital piece of evidence in her reporting yesterday.

Exactly

This goes to motive. We know she was dead by this time via her phone inactivity

Maybe but I'd have freaked out if all we'd done was exchange pics of our houses and mentioned in passing that I'd be staying in and then next thing I knew he was at the door. I think she'd written herself that she wasn't expecting him and was in pyjamas with no make up on when he turned up.

She sent a pic of her house, with the address on and told him she was going to be alone the next night. Straight after they'd been having flirty chit chat. I think she hoped he'd turn up as she'd already fallen for him, online. She wouldn't have let him stay the night if she weren't happy about it. I think she probably wrote a lot of things a little differently to how they happened, to add humour to her blogs.

I've laughed so hard today, it's definitely the pleasant, "charming" IS we're seeing at moment. Man alive, what a dullard. He's so fascinated with himself. I totally agree that "I never stopped loving her" is creepy. It's like half a sentence which could well end in "even after I killed her".

Also, I assumed the "misunderstanding" meeting was of a morning when Helen was just having a lazy one, not actually at night!!! What a nutjob!

I wish Boris had gone for his knackers. Sure he would have done if he'd had a crystal ball.

I wonder what will follow tomorrow in the exciting tale of The Life and Times of Ian Stewart.

Reading through his testimony reminds me of this 2 Ronnies Sketch
video]

I love it. Tx :laughing:

needs sending to Mr Trimmer pros. QC.

Have you seen the list of big fish fraud cases he has prosecuted? I'll paste the link on the new thread.

True - I'm like Miss Marple in a push up bra, Lol! No surprises from old Cyclops then, though I feel it may be significant that he received a £7,000 compenation pay out as a young man for walking into a leisure centre door (a sizeable sum back then). His first, delicious taste of money for nothing?

I do not stand in judgement on Helen for being so daft as to invite a strange man into her home who she had never met before and who, more to the point had never been invited. I have done similar ill-advised things in my time and am thankfully still here to tell the tale. But I think it was a red flag that he would do that - and had she not been fundamentally wrong footed by her recent bereavement she may not have responded the same way.

I am certainly not judging helen on how they first met in person. She'd fallen for him, been talking to him for months, she will have already felt she knew him and trusted him already no doubt. I was merely saying I could see it panning out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members