UK - Huw Edwards charged with making indecent images of children - Mon 29 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sds71

Reaction score
The former BBC presenter Huw Edwards has been charged with three counts of making indecent images of children, the Metropolitan police said.

A Met police spokesperson said the 62-year-old had been charged after a police investigation.

They said the offences were alleged to have taken place between December 2020 and April 2022 and related to images shared on a WhatsApp chat.

They added: “Edwards was arrested on November 8 2023. He was charged on Wednesday June 26 following authorisation from the Crown Prosecution Service. He has been bailed to appear at Westminster magistrates court on Wednesday July 31.

“Media and the public are strongly reminded that this is an active case. Nothing should be published, including on social media, which could prejudice future court proceedings.”

Former BBC presenter Huw Edwards has admitted three offences of making indecent images of children with one featuring a child aged between seven and nine. Westminster Magistrates' Court heard Edwards, who left the BBC in April, admitted having 37 images on his WhatsApp between December 2020 and April 2022.

The court heard one image found on Edwards' phone was of a child aged between seven and nine. The court heard that Edwards had been involved in online chat with an adult man on WhatsApp between December 2020 and August 2021 who sent him 377 sexual images of which 41 were indecent images of children. The bulk of these, 36, were sent during a two-month period.

On February 2, 2021, the male asked whether what he was sending was too young in response to which Mr Edwards told him not to send any underage images, the court heard. The indecent images that were sent included seven category A, the worst, 12 category B, and 22 category C.

After being bailed Edwards will now be sentenced at Westminister Magistrates Court on September 16.

Huw Edwards was only exposed as a paedophile after Welsh detectives investigating another sex offender uncovered the BBC star's number in a depraved WhatsApp chat, MailOnline can reveal.

Edwards, 62, is facing 10 years in jail after today pleading guilty to making 41 indecent images of children, which included two sexual videos of a boy under nine.

Now it has emerged the disgraced news reader - who helmed royal and political events at the BBC before resigning in April - was only exposed by chance by cops in Wales.

Detectives stumbled onto the household-named star while investigating another paedophile, 25-year-old Alex Williams from Merthyr Tydfil, Wales.

When officers from South Wales Police seized Williams' phone, they uncovered a vile WhatsApp chat full of child *advertiser censored* - which father-of-five Edwards was involved in.

To me it's the sender that's predominantly at fault here, not the receiver (unless they requested the images, which he didn't). 10 years would be ridiculous imo, considering there's people convicted of manslaughter that get less.
Ps. I'd like to be clear that I'm not condoning paedophilia!!
Jmo

That mail article in post 3 states that Williams got 12 months jail suspended for 2 years for 7 charges. There's no way Edwards will be going to prison.

I have an issue with the way Edwards was arrested. It was by appointment and was low key and kept secret. Most sex offenders as I understand it just get raided. Just because Edwards is well known he is treated differently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back