GUILTY UK - Ian Watkins for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Pontypridd, Wales, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The court heard that he filmed and kept the episodes of abuse - which took place in various hotels in London and south Wales - which were recovered by police. Some of the evidence was too extreme and distressing to report.

Referring to two women standing alongside Watkins in the dock, Mr Clee said: "Both women sexually abused their own children and made them available to Watkins for him to abuse."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25108439

What sick and depraved people.

:stormingmad:

At least they are off the street now so other children can't be hurt. I'm glad that they pleaded guilty. Sentencing will take place December 18.

So sick! Thank God he was stopped before he could rape again and maybe even kill a baby. Did the success get to his head?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nd-claims-fans-hiding-extent-child-abuse.html

A detective sergeant is under investigation after being accused of failing to act on information of child sex crimes by Watkins.

Further accusations have emerged that the singer was reported for sexual indecency to police before he attempted to rape an 11-month-old baby boy.

South Wales Police are accused of failing to 'take appropriate and timely action' after getting the information from other fans of the band.

The investigation centres on the detective sergeant - who is understood to have worked in child protection services in Watkins home town of Pontypridd, South Wales.

The sergeant, formerly based in the regional command HQ in Pontypridd, is currently being probed by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

South Wales Police allegedly received information from four different police forces across Britain about Watkins.

Stuff is starting to hit the fan...

So this went on for years, and not one of the other band members, managers, tour staff, recording staff etc. etc. who worked and toured with him knew anything was amiss?

Not buying it. Nope.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25108439

What sick and depraved people.

:stormingmad:

At least they are off the street now so other children can't be hurt. I'm glad that they pleaded guilty. Sentencing will take place December 18.

And it's not over yet, from your link:

"The investigation has been extremely complex and challenging with key information and evidence being identified from witnesses worldwide."

He added that today's guilty pleas did not mark the end of the investigation and the force would work "tirelessly" to identify other victims or witnesses.

What a horrific case. Glad they all pled guilty and hope they get long sentences.

So this went on for years, and not one of the other band members, managers, tour staff, recording staff etc. etc. who worked and toured with him knew anything was amiss?

Not buying it. Nope.

Me neither. Someone had to know, maybe too afraid to report him or enabled him.

Spare a thought for a wholly unrelated musician, Ian H. Watkins (better known as "H"), formerly of the pop group Steps. Not only did E! Online use his picture in a story about the other Watkins's conviction, but he's had to take a break from Twitter because of the hate mistakenly being sent his way.

The user who actually has the @ianwatkins handle, an anti-human-trafficking campaigner from Cambridgeshire, seems to be dealing with it fairly calmly, redirecting people to the pervert's account at @ian_watkins. Not that the latter will ever be going online again, I'd imagine ....

I was beyond aghast when I bumped into this story today. What the fk. And the "mothers"? Well. Beyond belief.

His ex found out years ago and reported to the police but was ignored.

She did? I haven't seen reports of that. Wow, if she did do it and police ignored her, the proverbial should hit the fan and whomever did not pay attention charged with something. Darnit.

As a former fan who has met Ian Watkins because I attended a music festival his band was playing, I am expecting backlash against fans of the band, including those who had no idea about his crimes until he was arrested. I was extremely shocked when I first read about this criminal case on the Daily Mail. At first I continued on listening to Lostprophets songs, thinking maybe it was a misunderstanding with a groupie who lied about her age, but then I found out it involved a baby, and I deleted their songs from my library because they remind me of the horrific crimes. There are still fans who continue listening to the band because they are able to separate the art from the artist while acknowledging that the crimes were inexcusable, and I respect that. However, there are other fans who insist Ian Watkins is innocent. That is disturbing.

She did? I haven't seen reports of that. Wow, if she did do it and police ignored her, the proverbial should hit the fan and whomever did not pay attention charged with something. Darnit.

I've read that the only reason the sexual assault was discovered was because police received a drug possession tip. Drug charges are much easier to prove because there is more likely to be physical evidence. Sexual assault is easier to hide and he had the nerve to videotape his attempted rape of a baby, providing a key piece of evidence. If it weren't for the video, there would be next to no proof of sexual assault.

So sick! Thank God he was stopped before he could rape again and maybe even kill a baby. Did the success get to his head?

[bbm]

probably but so did the crystal meth and crack

even so, there are plenty of drug abusers who aren't also child abusers so there's got to be something else wrong in his brain, as well as the mothers of the victims

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back