Found Deceased UK - Jack Morrad, 28, Colors nightclub, Basildon, Essex, 23 Dec 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, I was shocked when I noticed that, that area was a lake and huge indoor swimming pool when I was growing up, they have built a housing estate on it.

This is what that area was last time I was there! Google Image Result for https://c8.alamy.com/comp/C2AKGF/gloucester-park-swimming-pool-basildon-essex-C2AKGF.jpg

Ah I see, they built a new pool at the other end of the park in 2011 as part of the Olympics funding, that’s ok then.

The support that has been shown in people looking for Jack has been amazing. I do however think the step to drain the lake indicates the police suspect the worse outcome

I’m very sorry to say I agree. I just hope law enforcement can find Jack so his family don’t have to endure the ongoing agony of not knowing what happened and having no remains like Corrie’s family.

I really hate to say this but I feel quite sure they are going to find him in the lake. We see this sort of scenario so much on WS and it was my first thoughts after looking at the map and seeing the lake nearby. I really hope I am wrong.

Sadly, I agree. No sightings of him since 23rd December, and the night fisherman saying that they heard someone at the lake in the early hours of the morning. I just hope they find him so that his family can have closure.

He was last seen on CCTV near the lake. His phone stopped around the same time and now a fisherman who was at the lake has come forward saying he heard a man talking near the lake at around the same time. Looks like the lake is the answer. They start draining today and will search Friday.
I was going to ask about his phone because I haven't seen mention of it in any of the reports. Do you mind pointing me to the article that mentions his phone please.

It has been fairly mild for the time of year. Daytime temps around 12 deg c and overnight down to 3 or 4 deg c.
Outdoor water temperature is always colder than the air temperature.

Also it typically takes a few weeks at least for gasses to build up in a body before it floats up from the bottom.

So just because he hasn't surfaced yet doesn't mean he isn't in the lake.

Lake draining begins in missing man search

Essex Police said draining the lake would take two days

_105032015_jackmorradlakesearch4.jpg

Lake draining begins in missing man search

Essex Police said draining the lake would take two days

So this lake seems to be in 2 parts - one shallower than the other. With a weir between? Just asking, are fishing lakes full of silt and plant growth usually? Undisturbed comes to mind.
From your link above:

The Environment Agency is pumping water from one section of the lake to another shallower area, separated by a weir, which has already been searched.

Some fish will be caught in nets and placed in tanks during the operation.

Ah, but have they started clogging up the posts wishing each other good morning and good night yet? The FindCorrie page is an excellent example of how social media can be both a blessing and a curse in missing person cases. I hope someone is taking the reins and moderating it sensibly.

No they haven’t started with the Waltons good night thing just yet, but some posts on there are absolutely ridiculous and clogging up the page so I doubt it will be long.

I get that people need to say which areas have been searched or which areas have had posters put up etc... but there’s hundreds of messages asking the same questions, showing off who which famous celeb they have tweeted to, saying “Oh I hope he’s found” or just saying they can’t stop thinking about Jack. Everyone hopes he gets found safe, but there’s just no need to clog up what could be a really, really useful tool for sightings or potential new evidence to be discussed. Things could get missed with the amount of ridiculous and pointless posts on there.

Like you say - when someone goes missing, social media is both a blessing and a curse sometimes.

Here you go:

Essex Police

<snip (not sure if I’ve done this right!)> “We are still keen to hear from anyone who lives or was driving in that area and has available CCTV or dashcam footage, which shows from 1am to 6am on December 23...

I wonder why they only asked people to check their CCTV and dashcams until 6am...

On the CCTV he does look like he’s def had a drink as he’s in the middle of the road and not really walking in a straight line. I think I read somewhere his friends said he was quite drunk but I can’t remember where I read that now. Unfortunately, and I really hate to say it - I don’t think it’s going to turn out alright for Jack. On the maps there seems to be a lot of wooded area and a few lakes.

I work in Basildon, and am a member of the Basildon Exposed Facebook page. Someone posted around 10 minutes ago that they have cornered off an area of the park, with others commenting that there is a tent up and am ambulance has been on scene. Others have urged the person to take down the post in case they have found anything and family members do not know yet, but if I hear (see) more I will update.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab
Back