UK UK - Jack O'Sullivan, 22, left friends after night out, last seen Brunel Lock Road/Brunel Way, Bristol at 3.15am, 2 Mar 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So in this article they mention Jack’s phone is transmitting from "a group of houses backing on to an old electricity substation" on Granby Hill. Can we locate the group of houses by finding the old substation?

Link to Article
(copy link to this if paywalled)
I've searched the area at length on Google Earth, without success. The article actually says "in the Granby Hills area of Hotwells" rather than the more precise "Granby Hill", which doesn't help.

I've searched the area at length on Google Earth, without success. The article actually says "in the Granby Hills area of Hotwells" rather than the more precise "Granby Hill", which doesn't help.
Is it the substation you’re trying to find? I think it’s fairly easy to find the substation on Granby Hill using Google Maps. It’s near the bottom of the hill, roughly opposite no.20. If you were walking up it’s on the left hand side and looks a little bit like a domestic garage with a small mast (antenna?), with warning signs on the gates.

Is it the substation you’re trying to find? I think it’s fairly easy to find the substation on Granby Hill using Google Maps. It’s near the bottom of the hill, roughly opposite no.20. If you were walking up it’s on the left hand side and looks a little bit like a domestic garage with a small mast (antenna?), with warning signs on the gates.
Hmm that probably is the substation in question :) The article said "backing on to" but no houses are really backing on to it, because there's a car park in between, so maybe they meant facing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZOda60
Back