UK UK - Jack the Ripper, London 1888, East End, in and around Whitechapel District UNSOLVED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Although she probably wasn't a Ripper victim, Wednesday the 10th is the 125th anniversary of the finding of the Pinchin Street Torso. The decapitated murder victim was never identified.

Looks like someone beat me to it ..I was coming here to say that trending on my yahoo news there saying case solved DNA matches..Trending

Jack the Ripper: DNA tests ‘prove’ that Jack the Ripper was a Polish immigrant named Aaron Kosminski

I would like to ask a DNA expert, how easy it would be to plant familial Mt DNA on an item?

A thorough list of everything Eddowes was wearing or carrying, right down to her underwear or lack thereof, was recorded and there is no shawl on the tally. Things of even a minor nature such as "white calico chemise", "white handkerchief", "small tooth comb", "tin match box" and more than two dozen other things are on the list.

the DNA claim has not been independently verfied and even if they were, his 'bodily fluids' being on a shawl only prove that he had contact at some point, not that he murdered anyone

the sensationalism really annoys me - every news outlet has picked up the story and their headlines are all the same blatant propaganda

the DNA claim has not been independently verfied and even if they were, his 'bodily fluids' being on a shawl only prove that he had contact at some point, not that he murdered anyone

the sensationalism really annoys me - every news outlet has picked up the story and their headlines are all the same blatant propaganda

I could be wrong but I expect this will be reduced to a footnote, along with things like the "diary", a year from now.

I believe this is the second DNA "solution" to the case except they point to different guys.

If I recall, Kosminski was so dysfunctional that he couldn't even take care of himself, let alone, get women to go off alone with him then commit murders that baffled the best detectives in the world.

HaHa Hey..Don't kill the messenger here folks I was just showing you all what was trending now on yahoo news...

We do know that Kosminski was incarcerated by the time Frances Coles and Carrie Brown were murdered so he's off the hook for those at least.

It would be an incredible development to discover his identity at this point. I have long believed him to be Walter Sickert. Anyone else???

Several years ago I watched a tv program (no idea what it was) that went over the theories and suspects. I remember them talking about how London Police detective Donald Swanson had visited an asylum outside of London shortly after the last murder. Kozminski had recently been admitted there. Shortly thereafter the investigation pretty much shut down mysteriously. Sounds like Swanson had indeed solved the case and for whatever reason ( there could be plenty) kept it internal.

From what I read, the killings stopped AFTER he was forcibly incarcerated in the insane asylum. But the author may have been wrong.

There is no record (from a very detailed list) of a shawl found with Eddowes so what does that tell you?

I'm not one of those people with a 'pet' Ripper theory, too invested in it to want to see anyone else's be correct. I would like nothing better than to see the Ripper finally identified.

But here, I must agree with Stan 100% -- there was no such shawl listed in her belongings (and the list really was extensive!). Even if it had been found 'near' her body, it would have been listed in some document or other, surely the list of her belongings though, if it was bloodstained...

I have my doubts here, I really do, for that reason. There's been several semi-clever hoaxes around the Ripper case in years gone by, and yes they do draw headlines in the media -- which, I think, is the point. Massive book sales for the hoaxer...

I think this will get heavy scrutiny from some extremely clever people, including a bunch in law enforcement, so hopefully we'll soon be seeing some informed opinions on the science.

As to Walter Sickert -- now, he might not have been the Ripper? But he had a VERY dark mind and a dark sense of humour to match There's a side to him that makes me see why poor Patty Cornwell spent 6 million of her own money trying to prove him guilty. She's generally ridiculed by serious Ripperologists now, but I ... well, I think he had a lot of secrets, at the very least he was obsessed with a particular type of murder. I don't like him a bit, heh. Wonderful art, though.

Anyway, I won't be purchasing this latest fellow's book until I hear some expert approval of it. Too many "solved" ripper case books on my shelf as it is. ;)

I would be very surprised to find enough usable DNA still on the shawl over 100 years later.
And if there was it would most likely be contaminated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston
Back