UK UK - Jacqueline O’Loghlen , 23, Islington London, 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Danielle rebeccca

Reaction score
Hi
I’m new to websleuths so not sure how this all works but hey I’m going to give it a shot. I live in the UK and I’m currently looking into a few different missing person cases. This one really stuck out to me. I don’t know what it is but I look at her photo and I feel compelled to try and find out what happened to her! See missing persons website link below
Help us find Jacqueline O'loghlen
I have searched the net as much as I can and links have come up but none of them are currently active. So I can’t find any more information. I found a site that I believe is for the homeless who mentioned her, but again the link is no longer active. Now I don’t want to make any assumptions about her background but this is where I’m at. Does anyone have any information? Or know literally anything?
Thanks all!

Welcome to WS Danielle!

Is there nothing about her background anywhere online? No police report? No family looking for her? Nothing about the circumstances during which she disappeared?

Are you in London? Maybe you could find out which PD is handling her case.

Thanks dotr and Elainera! I had not concidered her being a possible victim of Peter Tobin I thought her area and the date was slightly off but I will do some more research into this today!
And yes unfortunately I can’t find any other information. It looks as though it was briefly reported on a long time ago but these articles have since been removed.

The articles that were removed might still be viewable in an archive, either at a local library or in the archives of the newspapers who published them originally. Google also keeps pages archived that were removed. Somebody here knows how to get to those pages?

Okay this is so interesting! So I’ve been doing a bit of digging today and I started with your advice to check archives. I searched 2 sites I’ll list below but unfortunately no luck. Really good resource though! I will remember them for future reference
London Newspaper Archive | britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk
Newspapers - The National Archives
So on the idea of the missing webpages I thought why not just contact the website to ask. So I went onto the pavement magazine website and got the email address for the editor. I sent her an email asking if she had the article on file so hopefully she will get back to me soon! I was literally about to go to sleep when I saw your post about finding the removed web pages. I thought right let me give this a go! So I used the way back machine but again no luck!
Wayback Machine
This is amazing though I never realised things like this existed. I will press on tomorrow I thought I might look up local archives and give them a ring to see if they have anything hard copy’s on file as it looks as though the daily mirror may have done an article aswell.

Great sleuthing Danielle! Keep at it. You'll find them.

The British Library in London probably has paper copies of the articles.

We hold over 34,000 titles from the UK and overseas, or 60 million individual issues.

The collection includes full runs of the main London edition of all the British national daily and Sunday newspapers.

The newspapers are held in print form (over 660,000 volumes, boxes or parcels of newspapers), as microfilm copies (630,000 reels), and as digital copies (over 20 million digitised pages).

Newspapers

Danielle Rebecca, Welcome to Weblseuths!

I have myself looked into her case about 2 weeks ago and was absolutely frustrated not to find absolutely anything out there about her apart of this one photo. Unfortunately there are many cases like this one out there in UK with zero coverage or no public information.

So again, Thank You for opening her case here and hopefully we will find some information no matter how small about her circumstances of disppearance.

Hi All
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement! So I was up bright and early today to look into these articles and unfortunately its not good news! I now know the content for both and they were just appeals from missing people with no further information into the circumstances of her disappearance. I spoke to a lovely man at historic news articles and he was able to find the article by leaving out - O' - in her last name as the search didn't like that.
Dotr My mistake! I didn’t even realise till I posted I had misspelled in the title! Kicking myself!
I will carry on tomorrow I feel I’m back to square one but I’m determined to help wish me luck.

Danielle Rebecca, Welcome to Weblseuths!

I have myself looked into her case about 2 weeks ago and was absolutely frustrated not to find absolutely anything out there about her apart of this one photo. Unfortunately there are many cases like this one out there in UK with zero coverage or no public information.

So again, Thank You for opening her case here and hopefully we will find some information no matter how small about her circumstances of disppearance.

I was looking for people who could be from the UK and are missing abroad. Came across her missing persons file (couldn't say it's a file actually) Same thing here, found nothing about her....not even a profile...

@danielle Rebecca, welcome and thanks for opening this thread. I hope you can "dig up" more information.

This case has always fascinated me.

I did some research a year ago, while paying for a subscription to an ancestry site in order to trace my own family history.

For our Jacqueline, I traced her back to paternal grandparents and I think it's pretty accurate. I've attached the screenshot. Sadly it didn't help when it came to sourcing living relatives, but perhaps someone with more time and an active subscription could get further.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-22 at 19.18.25.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-22 at 19.18.25.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 32

I did some research a year ago, while paying for a subscription to an ancestry site in order to trace my own family history.

For our Jacqueline, I traced her back to paternal grandparents and I think it's pretty accurate. I've attached the screenshot. Sadly it didn't help when it came to sourcing living relatives, but perhaps someone with more time and an active subscription could get further.
Welcome to Ws avaggdhu, thanks for your research!

Hi there, nice to have you "on board". Isn't it strange that for her grandparents and father they know a birthdate and death date and for her mom only that she is deceased. Or do I miss something?

Hi there, nice to have you "on board". Isn't it strange that for her grandparents and father they know a birthdate and death date and for her mom only that she is deceased. Or do I miss something?
Well a) I might be wrong, and b) it was difficult to trace the surname. With O'Loghlen, it's relatively unusual. Within the London borough of the marriage there were two or maybe even three women with the maiden name surname, similar ages, both of whom could be the mother on the birth document for Jacqueline or the woman in the marriage document I was able to access. I think it's because the level of subscription was pretty basic. It's all guesswork but I didn't want to connect anything to the tree when I wasn't relatively sure, as it could lead in the wrong direction. Hope that helps! Sorry for all the edits.

Well a) I might be wrong, and b) it was difficult to trace the surname. With O'Loghlen, it's relatively unusual. Within the London borough of the marriage there were two or maybe even three women with the maiden name surname, similar ages, both of whom could be the mother on the birth document for Jacqueline or the woman in the marriage document I was able to access. I think it's because the level of subscription was pretty basic. It's all guesswork but I didn't want to connect anything to the tree when I wasn't relatively sure, as it could lead in the wrong direction. Hope that helps! Sorry for all the edits.

Thinking about it...if she divorced O'Loghlen, then remarried someone else would her death record list her maiden name and/or previous married name, or would it only list her "newest" married name? I genuinely don't know!

I tried to find both of them in Find a grave...couldn't find them. There seems to be a document of their marriage (at least I think they are the ones) but I don't want to subscribe.....It doesn't help all together for finding Jacqueline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back