Found Deceased UK - Janet Edwards, 66, Beechwood Court, Hereford, 10 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder why the police asked for any footage from College Road? This is in the opposite direction from the other roads they mentioned.

If Janet did walk down Folly Lane there is a sixth form college there, so she might have been picked up on CCTV.

Likewise, if she passed Nuffield Health Hospital then there could be some footage of her walking past this building.

From above:

2:53pm
A week on from Ms Edwards disappearance, todays search saw a substantially larger amount of people than yesterday ready to hand out posters and ask people if they have information.

Police were also leading a search in Churchill gardens.

13307405.jpg

I cant stop thinking about this lady ..just ones of those cases that get you sometimes...how does a previously very healthy popular woman disappear off the face of the earth...

Last edited:
I don't think it can be said she perhaps wasn't depressed. She may not have outwardly shown it, as many don't.

Very sad case on the missing pages today on FB, you may have seen. Young man ended his life, after he had left long post telling people to seek help, and that he had come to the end which he thought those who knew him would never have guessed, how plagued he was.

A race to find him sadly was too late.

From the Hereford Times:

Janet Edwards, 66, was last seen in the area of Beechwood Court, in Venns Lane, at 3pm on Friday, December 10.

So there have been no sightings at all since this one a week ago?

When it states 'in the area of Beechwood Court', does that mean the last sighting was in the grounds or car park of Beechwood Court or does it mean in the general area of Venns Lane?

Did Janet actually leave Beechwood Court at all?

They haven’t said what form the “sighting” took either have they? Was it by a person or CCTV/dashcam?

Janet was last seen in the area of Beechwood Court, Hereford at 3pm on Friday 10 December 2021. CCTV images of her on the day she went missing show her wearing a green Raab jacket, blue jeans and casual brown boots with a white trim and sole.
/snip
Also, we ask that anyone who was driving in the area of Beechwood Court, Venns Lane, College Road, Aylestone Hill, Folly Lane, or Bodenham Road between 3pm and 7pm on 10 December who has dash-cam footage, to please review it to see if they can see Janet and if so to contact officers.

The area they are asking for information on is quite a lot to cover on foot, given that her car was parked in Venns Lane (presumably at Beechwood Court) and it quite a long period of time too.

They haven’t said what form the “sighting” took either have they? Was it by a person or CCTV/dashcam?

The area they are asking for information on is quite a lot to cover on foot, given that her car was parked in Venns Lane (presumably at Beechwood Court) and it quite a long period of time too.

Another odd thing is why would she leave her car at Beechwood Court and set off on foot down (or up) Venns Lane? Why didn't she drive to wherever she was going?

It seems like Beachwood Court is mainly a complex of retirement houses and small apartments, so I think it's likely she was visiting someone. A friend or relative maybe. But did she actually visit them prior to disappearing?

If she didn't know anyone there, I wonder why she chose to park her car in that vicinity?

There are quite a few care homes, a primary school, and even a school for the blind at one end of Venns Lane and a Nuffield Hospital at the other end, so plenty of opportunity to be seen on CCTV cameras, if indeed these places have them.

There is quite an expanse of field to the north, and also small forested areas, so I'm sure these are being searched.

She's been missing for exactly one week now, and I'm not holding out much hope, sadly.

Last edited:
I've been wondering why they are asking for the time window up until 7pm. It gets dark much earlier than that so I don't think it's about visibility. Perhaps it is in case she regularly takes long walks and would have usually been returning to the vicinity of her home after several hours. But why not a wider area? Or maybe they think she could have been returning home around 3pm, but don't know exactly what time she left again.

Another oddity is that her running club friend (on the BBC interview) says they didn't start searching until Sunday. Could be when she didn't show up for her race, but it seems no one noticed she was missing or tried to contact her running friends to see if she was with them before Sunday.

I've been wondering why they are asking for the time window up until 7pm. It gets dark much earlier than that so I don't think it's about visibility. Perhaps it is in case she regularly takes long walks and would have usually been returning to the vicinity of her home after several hours. But why not a wider area? Or maybe they think she could have been returning home around 3pm, but don't know exactly what time she left again.

Another oddity is that her running club friend (on the BBC interview) says they didn't start searching until Sunday. Could be when she didn't show up for her race, but it seems no one noticed she was missing or tried to contact her running friends to see if she was with them before Sunday.

I believe it was the same running club friend who said that Janet went running with her partner. Did she mean that as in-a-relationship partner or just someone she regularly goes out running with? It's not very clear.

On street view the roads look busy ..there must be dashcam footage or cctv the worry is this week with run up to Christmas everyone is so busy to check
These roads are massively busy all the time. Traffic in Hereford is beyond horrendous - they’ve been arguing about a bypass for at least 20 years.
Could she have been running? If she’s a serious runner then maybe she had planned a route. I wonder if she had Strava?

She wouldn’t have been heading home though as it said in another article that she lived in Tillington, which is a tiny village about 5 miles outside Hereford.

These roads are massively busy all the time. Traffic in Hereford is beyond horrendous - they’ve been arguing about a bypass for at least 20 years.

Could she have been running? If she’s a serious runner then maybe she had planned a route. I wonder if she had Strava?

She wouldn’t have been heading home though as it said in another article that she lived in Tillington, which is a tiny village about 5 miles outside Hereford.
They seem to be sure she was wearing a puffa jacket, jeans and brown Ugg boots so I don't expect she was out running, and those items of clothing are presumably not at her home.

Presumably there would be traffic cams somewhere if very busy especially along the A465??

From what has been reported so far she was shopping in Dunelm then later her "last seen" location was Venns Lane / Beechwood court area a retirement complex ..some reports say 2.30pm some say 3pm ...her car and "belongings" were still there .. it doesn't appear she had planned a run

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro
Back