UK UK - Janice Weston, 36, Murdered, A1 Layby, Brampton, Cambs. / London, 10 September 1983

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The blood on the windscreen information was from The Evening Standard in April 1984.

Janice's husband was questioned by police for more than two days, but the CPS decided in March 1984 that no action was to be taken against him.

The blood on the windscreen information was from The Evening Standard in April 1984.

Janice's husband was questioned by police for more than two days, but the CPS decided in March 1984 that no action was to be taken against him.
The police believed the husband was involved but didn't have the evidence. He had (it would seem) a rock solid alibi being in France. OK, he had a motive (financial) but was a rich man already. The police must of had further information (whether they could prove it or not) to suspect the husband, which has probably never been released.

The police believed the husband was involved but didn't have the evidence. He had (it would seem) a rock solid alibi being in France. OK, he had a motive (financial) but was a rich man already. The police must of had further information (whether they could prove it or not) to suspect the husband, which has probably never been released.
Yeah the police definitely suspected the husband. I guess it's common practice for the cops to suspect the spouse in such a murder though.

Apparently Tony Weston had 36 hours unaccounted for in France. You would think (if he was behind the murder) that he would have used his credit card during this period to prove he was definitely not in the country.

I'm not sure how wealthy TW was in his own right. I doubt he had wealth like Janice, or similar future earning potential, but I might be completely wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time
Back