GUILTY UK - Jayden Parkinson, 17, Oxfordshire, 3 Dec 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sure will be hard to find an impartial jury second time around

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/yo...ce_investigation_in_Jayden_Parkinson_inquiry/

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has launched an investigation into Thames Valley Police’s actions from the day Jayden was reported missing on December 3, and whether appropriate risk assessments were made.

The police watchdog has now served misconduct notices on three constables and three sergeants, meaning they will be interviewed by IPCC investigators over possible misconduct.

"The investigation into one of the constables came after a complaint from Jayden’s mother that the force did not react appropriately when dealing with her daughter in the months before she disappeared"

I can't imagine the grief which Jaydens mom must have been through but I find it very difficult to swallow when family members left behind after tragedies like this feel the need to blame and point fingers at the police.

Yes, sometimes police are in the wrong but they can only do so much. Jayden was in contact with her family and other agencies aside from the police so I feel its a little unfair on them. By all accounts Jayden and Ben had a pretty turbulent relationship, im trying to find source to quote but I believe I read that Jayden had made complaints about Ben to the police only for hee to later make up with Ben and not follow through with the police. To give credit to them, there's only so much the police can do with an unwilling complainant.

I thought that they dealt with the aftermath of her disappearance very admirably.

I could go into psycho babble about why mom feels the need to point fingers atnthe polices so called failings but I don't want to be deemed as family bashing. So I won't. ..

Jake Blakeley has been found not guilty of helping to bury Jayden after another jury failed to reach a verdict:

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/ben-blakeley-younger-brother-cleared-8574259

Jayden's mother, Sam Shrewsbury, yelled "I hope she haunts your dreams" as Jake Blakeley, 18, walked free from the dock after being cleared.

He faces sentencing for perverting the course of justice.

Here's a bit from the trial: http://www.heraldseries.co.uk/news/..._brother_s_muddy_clothes__court_hears/?ref=ar

Jake was living with a friend's family, and the friend's mother says:

"I liked him very much."

But added: "I hated Ben. He was violent, he was rude, he was threatening, he threatened my son, he threatened Jake, and he was very secretive.

"I didn't know anyone who wasn't frightened of Ben."

A memorial garden is being created close to where Jayden's body was found. It doesn't look like much now, but will be planted up with her favourite flowers.

Her mother Samantha Shrewsbury, said: "Life has been dark and horrible it's something I will never get over, but things like the garden give me hope." Ms Shrewsbury said she was lost of words when she saw the garden.

"From something so tragic has come something really beautiful," she said.

"As a family, we will never forgive or forget or get over it - but it's going to be a really nice place to go and reflect."

Friends and family of Jayden are expected to visit the garden later to plant a collection of the teenager's favourite flowers and shrubs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-31672640

Jake B sentenced to 3 years for attempting to pervert the course of justice:

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/re...en-parkinson-brother-reading-murderer-8813168

Prosecutor pays tribute to Jayden's family:

“This case is a tragedy for Jayden’s family and friends who have been devastated by her death; her father dying just before the first trial started. I would like to pay tribute to them for their wholehearted support of the investigation and prosecution and the dignity they displayed while hearing the horrific details surrounding Jayden’s murder. I would also like to thank the witnesses, who gave evidence in very difficult circumstances.

“We know that nothing will bring Jayden back, but we hope today’s sentence brings her family and friends at least a small sense that justice has once again been done. Our thoughts are very much with them all at this time.”

How dumb do you have to be to not be able to put two and two together??

Possibly not as stupid as the killer in the Pennie Davis case, who dropped his car keys at the scene and had to call his girlfriend to get a lift home and collect the car later.

Possibly not as stupid as the killer in the Pennie Davis case, who dropped his car keys at the scene and had to call his girlfriend to get a lift home and collect the car later.
True. But really. Your brothers girlfriend goes missing. He asks you to bury something then rebury it a few days later and it doesn't cross your mind once that it could be related... instead you believe it's guns????????

I daresay he did suspect, but was too terrified of his brother to refuse, or to report his suspicions.
In his own head he's probably convinced himself that he didn't know, didn't actually know for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back