GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have considered the telephone conversation between JY and RS, particularly in the light of what GR said about Jo's mobile phone habits - not unusual for her to be unavailable, etc. - seems odd to me (having similar mobile phone habits) that she'd be calling a friend on her way home. Maybe she was feeling uncomfortable walking in the dark alone and rang a friend to chat and feel less alone.

Had it been the other way around - RS calling JY - then that might open up the possibility that RS (and another perhaps - explaining the LL's alleged sighting if believable) might be planning to meet up with Joanne that evening in Bristol. ?

As for a whodunnit between the boyfriend or the friend dependent on distance travelled ? - it now seems that it could have been someone we haven't even heard of yet.

There's clearly a lot we (and by many accounts the LE too) don't know about this case.

jmo

Police investigating the murder of Bristol architect Jo Yeates are to hold a press conference at 3pm.

+ Also it has been mentioned but i cannot confirm this that Gregg Rearden drove what seems to be something like an open back Army truck ?? He would of been lucky to of got 50 mph out of that vehicle, so if he left at 7pm he wouldnt of arrived at Sheffield till well after midnight at least ??

peter-stanley-yeates.jpg

Greggs Vehicle ?? Would you drive to Sheffield on a freezing cold night of sub zero temperatures at 50mph in this vehicle ??

He must of been wearing a spacesuit to stay warm !!!

This is a pic of Peter Stanley (left) standing outside his own house with his vehicle. If you search Google Maps you will see that his mansion is next door to Chris Jefferies' mansion - they are landlords of 2 separate properties I believe. The 2 properties are at the junction of Canynge Road and Percival Road. Mr Stanley's vehicles can be seen in his own driveway.

jmo

Destroyer:

Is a woman likely to use strangulation in order to commit murder?

How can you think a woman is not capable of strangulation ?? Women can be right nasty fighters when they want to be & definitely Rebecca Scott looks bigger & more overpowering than Joanna would of been.

Women often grab each other by the hair when they fight, she could of been pulled to the ground & strangled there & then ??

This is a pic of Peter Stanley (left) standing outside his own house with his vehicle. If you search Google Maps you will see that his mansion is next door to Chris Jefferies' mansion - they are landlords of 2 separate properties I believe. The 2 properties are at the junction of Canynge Road and Percival Road. Mr Stanley's vehicles can be seen in his own driveway.

jmo

I was told that when this footage appeared on Sky News that they said it was "Gregg Reardons car we are looking at ??" - i didnt see the footage myself, but i know my girlfriend & father both saw this on the news, but cant be 100% the news reporter was accurate ??

I was told that when this footage appeared on Sky News that they said it was "Gregg Reardons car we are looking at ??" - i didnt see the footage myself, but i know my girlfriend & father both saw this on the news, but cant be 100% the news reporter was accurate ??

Check out the Google Maps image which shows that vehicle in Stanley's driveway - copyright 2009 - GR wasn't living there then.

How can you think a woman is not capable of strangulation ?? Women can be right nasty fighters when they want to be & definitely Rebecca Scott looks bigger & more overpowering than Joanna would of been.

Women often grab each other by the hair when they fight, she could of been pulled to the ground & strangled there & then ??

I didn't say a woman is NOT capable of strangulation but statistically, a woman does not murder others using strangulation as a method.

Strangulation is a method used mainly by men:

From Wiki:

Manual strangulation (also known as "throttling" in the UK) refers to strangling with the hands, fingers, or other extremities (sometimes also with blunt objects such as batons). In violence, this type of strangling is mostly done by men against women rather than against another man, because it generally requires disparity in physical strength between the assailant and the victim.

I'll find you some stats and post them to show a woman is more likely to use a weapon / poison.

There was also no evidence of a struggle or fight in Jo's flat which suggests a cat fight didn't take place.

I'm sure if RS didn't have an alibi she would have been taken in for questioning by now.

jmo but I think strangulation shows that it was not premeditated. I think that a person might have attempted to stop her from screaming/ attracting attention.

jmo but I think strangulation shows that it was not premeditated. I think that a person might have attempted to stop her from screaming/ attracting attention.

I agree and I don't think a woman would automatically go to strangle someone as they would not be confident they would have the physical strength to do so - more likely they would look around for a weapon.

A man is more likely to strangle a woman as he would know he had the strength to do so.

I agree with most of the comments above regarding statistics of Strangulation & that a man would be far more over powering - however you cant rule out the murderer is a woman, this is no ordinary murder by any means, dont forget the police believe that the murderer is believed to of tried to unsuccessfully throw Jo's body over a small brick wall which suggests they werent that strong a person - having said that i wouldnt know what its like to lift a dead body, yet regardless how big or strong you are if you use the correct lifting technique most people would be capable.

I agree and I don't think a woman would automatically go to strangle someone as they would not be confident they would have the physical strength to do so -

If the attack happend off the cuff ie the murderer just flipped & lost it, then the chances are they just held her bu the throat until she was dead. Theres no reason why a woman couldnt of done this.

Good morning all. A quick run-down of Daily Mail's version of recent events, for those of us (yawn!) just waking up in America:

Police hunting Joanna Yeates’s murderer were today attempting to identify the killer through a sample of DNA discovered on her body.

Officers hope that the fact her body was found frozen after being dumped in the snow, will mean the DNA is well preserved.

Detectives have said the find could be 'crucial'.

More than two weeks after Miss Yeates disappeared, the second most senior officer in Bristol said that people should avoid answering their door to strangers.

Instead they chose to release the retired English teacher on bail on Saturday. He is now understood to be considering legal action.
---
His aunt, Barbara Jefferies, said she was angry at his prolonged arrest. Speaking from her home in Wilmslow, Cheshire, she added: ‘This has been very damaging for him, but he’s holding up. It’s now up to his lawyers to decide what’s best.’

A friend and former colleague called for police to apologise for detaining him over the New Year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343462/Joanna-police-warn-women-Dont-night.html

I just read all the posts and thought I had marked quite a few to quote but obviously not. So I may return and post more after scanning again...

I don't think the BF did it, but I do find it odd that the parents noticed something right way but he didn't. As a matter of fact, they have removed floorboards... It must have been something very obvious, kwim?

ETA: I also want to know why LE focused on Jeffries and are not veering away? They must have had some reason to arrest him. Wonder what it was? Wonder what that evidence or line of reasoning was that pointed to him - and who else could LE could have mistaken him for (as far as the involvement in this case)?

I am not so sure of that....they didnt say smothered, they said strangled. granted not having been in the position to have firsthand knowledge I could be wrong but if someone was screaming and I didnt want them to I dont think I would try to strangle them without having an intention to kill them.

Watching press conference on BBC:
LE cannot say where or when JY was killed
LE say:
Pizza still not found
Looking thru tonnes of rubbish
Still don't know if she ate the pizza
It will be a LONG process

Watching press conference on BBC:
LE cannot say where or when JY was killed
LE say:
Pizza still not found
Looking thru tonnes of rubbish
Still don't know if she ate the pizza
It will be a LONG process

BBM

The ME will know...

sounds to me that they don't have a freaking clue :(

still no cadaver dogs?
Bins only removed (and returned) TODAY!

Why can they not conclude whether she ate the pizza? Surely the contents of her stomach can prove this either way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay