GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe no adequate insurance and the law abiding neighbour knew. Old Volvo, IMO 3rd party insurance and not fully comp to allow any driver. Again I'm just guessing.

Not wanting to quote myself but...

Exactly Goldilox.

Jo Yeates murder: Suspect Vincent Tabak's girlfriend Tanja Morson 'devastated at his arrest'
Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...-at-his-arrest-115875-22866637/#ixzz1BtIKf9LS

Detectives refused to say if the 34-year-old Jo *lookalike had *implicated her boyfriend.

But a source said: “She is being treated as a *potentially significant witness.”

POLICE swooped on murder suspect Vincent Tabak after speaking to his girlfriend, it was revealed last night.

Tanja Morson talked with detectives hunting the killer of Jo Yeates before they arrested the lanky Dutch computer wizard.

Detectives refused to say if the 34-year-old Jo *lookalike had *implicated her boyfriend.

But a source said: “She is being treated as a *potentially significant witness.”

Tabak, 32 – who lived next to Jo in Bristol – left for Christmas in Holland two days after she vanished. Police spoke to both Tanja and Tabak early in the inquiry but had ruled them out.

I find this a very interesting article, it states that "Tanja Morson is a Jo lookalike, that she was devestate by his arrest, she is a fitness fanatic and that she is being treated as a highly significant witness".

It has been mentioned before on this forum that obsession was the motive, and it had to be someone fit enough to discard a dead body, someone clever enough to outsmart the police, has a car, allegedly split up with VT before Christmas, had been seeing him for three years, was in the country, and had the opportunity.

Very interesting imho.

maybe I've been horribly warped by florida's sunshine laws but I am so stressed with this one. like a few other posters my instinct isnt ringing any bells with VT but I wont be one of those so married to my theory that I discard correct ones. I need more info! more info! is it too much to ask that VT (if guilty) enters a plea of guilty in court tomorrow? it would set my mind at such ease.

I want to know what LE know so bad :|

maybe I've been horribly warped by florida's sunshine laws but I am so stressed with this one. like a few other posters my instinct isnt ringing any bells with VT but I wont be one of those so married to my theory that I discard correct ones. I need more info! more info! is it too much to ask that VT (if guilty) enters a plea of guilty in court tomorrow? it would set my mind at such ease.

My guess he'll plead not guilty to get a reduction to manslaughter while the mind was diminished. Saying that he's still not been convicted or still could be innocent.

He won't be asked to enter a plea tomorrow goldfish. It will be a few months before he's back in court and asked how he pleads. Tomorrow in court he'll just be formally charged and then remanded into custody for a further period.

I think in passing he said it wasn't lent out but once in the cop shop he would have told.

Could be. Although, I think it would have been a big risk on VT's part after he'd just committed a murder to ask to borrow someone's car, unless he felt really desperate.

i understood that the car going over suspension bridge at night belonged to his friend, the owner of the flat in aberdeen road.....

am i wrong....

He won't be asked to enter a plea tomorrow goldfish. It will be a few months before he's back in court and asked how he pleads. Tomorrow in court he'll just be formally charged and then remanded into custody for a further period.

And on top of that, the amount of info we get will be very limited! We could be speculating about the car for some time to come yet.

I would think that tomorrow or at the next appearance, the case would be referred to the crown court.
CPS must have substantial evidence to go ahead with prosecution IMO.
I am hoping that there won't be a mob at the hearing.
I feel so sorry for all concerned with this case

Could be. Although, I think it would have been a big risk on VT's part after he'd just committed a murder to ask to borrow someone's car, unless he felt really desperate.

Just maybe it was usual for VT to have access to the car so it didn't need to be requested.

I'd assume that TM had a car. She worked at Dysons in Malmesbury. I'd imagine you'd need a car to commute from Bristol to Malmesbury - it's a bit far to cycle and there's no rail service. But who knows?

I've no doubt that A&SC have worked out their theory regarding how it was all done, and it will be revealed (and tested) in court in due course.

Quote Kemo

''For this reason, giving the police the benefit of any doubt, the owner of the vehicle must have managed to give a very convincing lie. If VT owned the vehicle (which I doubt), he must have worked out something very good. Possibly, VT asked the owner to lie for him on the pretence that "he had nothing to do with the crime but he was afraid that 'involvement' might jeopardize his job, get him deported, whatever''.

IMO you are right on this quote. However I think the car owner was CJ who was taken in due to his car reg being caught on CCTV. I strongly believe he denied lending out the car truly believing the person who 'borrowed' it to be innocent. That is why I think he is still being kept on bail having mis-led the investigation.

VT, on arriving home on his bicycle, met CJ & was informed that Greg's car needed a jump start - that would have been the evening of the 17th.

So how could CJ have loaned VT his car in the early morning hours of the 18th Dec? I can't imagine a man having just strangled a woman being in a calm enough state of mind to ask CJ the use of his car that late.

So if this report is accurate, VT left on Sunday the 19th:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...#ixzz1BtIKf9LS

If he is the guilty party, the 19th would be the latest he could have disposed of JY's body. Nothing so far has suggested he had a willing accomplice who would have engaged in body disposal. Assuming he'd avoid placing the body on the verge in broad daylight, that leaves late Friday/early Saturday and late Saturday/early Sunday.

VT, on arriving home on his bicycle, met CJ & was informed that Greg's car needed a jump start - that would have been the evening of the 17th.

So how could CJ have loaned VT his car in the early morning hours of the 18th Dec? I can't imagine a man having just strangled a woman being in a calm enough state of mind to ask CJ the use of his car that late.

If were going on the press story, that only says the car was caught on C.C.T.V the next day to her murder, the 18th. It doesn't mention what time.

Maybe within 30 mins he had decided to tell he lent out the car, the next 3 days were spent checking everything out. I really don't know.

Maybe with the absence of VT being in Holland at the time and CJ being arrested, they only had his word that he lent the car, thinking he could still be the killer. The police could then have suspected that CJ or VT, or both were involved in Joanna's murder or one had helped the other to dispose of the body. They kept CJ on bail and kept a watch on VT since he came back from Holland.

It's reported that VT arrived on his bicycle to his flat after 7pm on the
17th. so he got transport from somewhere to move Jo's body that night.

Maybe with the absence of VT being in Holland at the time and CJ being arrested, they only had his word that he lent the car, thinking he could still be the killer. The police could then have suspected that both CJ and VT were both involved in Joanna's murder or one had helped the other to dispose of the body. They kept CJ on bail and kept a watch on VT since he came back from Holland.

It's reported that VT arrived on his bicycle to his flat after 7pm on the
17th. so he got transport from somewhere to move Jo's body that night.

Exactly.

There has been persistent rumours, and even 'reputedly' from Police sources there could be two Killers.

C.J & V.T would very much fit that bill. What a great luxury that a car can be parked right at the back of V.T's flat, no need to take the body out onto the road at all. I have read that back garden is very secluded and out of sight to prying eyes. They live on top of each other, the Police wouldn't have any idea of their relationship, friendship ties in the early days of the enquiry.

It would make sense to give C.J a dam good grilling in those circumstances. He still is on bail, It's strange no formal apology, or any news is forthcoming about that.

See my post 212

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members