GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Moonstone introduces a number of attributes that were to become classic attributes of the twentieth-century detective story:

English country house robbery
An "inside job"
red herrings

A celebrated, skilled, professional investigator
Bungling local constabulary
Detective enquiries
Large number of false suspects
The "least likely suspect"
A rudimentary "locked room" murder
A reconstruction of the crime
A final twist in the plot

sound familiar????

the house would have once been a large mansion in the country!

the pizza was effectively stolen as well!!

Aha! - So he engineered it all!!! Mwahahahaha

you would think they would have de arrested him by now? jmo

Don't forget if they de arrest Jefferies, then they have a rather awkward *advertiser censored* up on their part to admit to. They'd like to be able to make Jefferies look silly, or it was his entirely his own fault. It shifts their blame onto him, and would possibly water down any hefty law suits they have coming.

Rather than Jefferies being guilty, I suspect it is the Police being less than honourable.

We shall see.

Aha! - So he engineered it all!!! Mwahahahaha

have you actually considered all the 'coincidences' that exist in this case?

I am sure that if you fed them into a computer or asked an actuary of the chances of them happening the result would be more than just coincidence

VT chose to wear a casual jumper and then roll his sleeves up - given the nature of the situation and more typical convention - that is quite a laid back approach.

He probably wore just whatever he had to hand for lack of anything else to wear. With both flats swarming with police getting a set of clothes for him in the circumstances would have been difficult; that's if there was anyone even willing (or around) to sort any out to drop off at the police station. No doubt we'll see him suitably suited and booted at the trial but for appearances prior to that he'll likely opt for casual attire.

now that would depend on whether there is pressure from somewhere to let him go or from somewhere else not to!!!

Or they just take ages to do everything! Probably a bit of a process that noone has time to do right now (sarcasm intended)

now that would depend on whether there is pressure from somewhere to let him go or from somewhere else not to!!!

I just think if he was totally ruled out they would have de arrested him by now? Will be interesting if any of the many unanswered questions in this case eventually come out!!!1

Don't forget if they de arrest Jefferies, then they have a rather awkward *advertiser censored* up on their part to admit to. They'd like to be able to make Jefferies look silly, or it was his entirely his fault. It shifts their blame onto him, and would possibly water down any law suits they have coming.

Rather than Jefferies being guilty, I suspect it is the Police being less than honourable.

We shall see.

When did people start filing lawsuits for being arrested? I doubt he has a leg to stand on, anyway. If the police have reasonable grounds for suspicion then they can arrest anyone.

Or they just take ages to do everything! Probably a bit of a process that noone has time to do right now (sarcasm intended)

yes you could be right there! they were quick to arrest him though!

Don't forget if they de arrest Jefferies, then they have a rather awkward *advertiser censored* up on their part to admit to. They'd like to be able to make Jefferies look silly, or it was his entirely his own fault. It shifts their blame onto him, and would possibly water down any hefty law suits they have coming.

We shall see.

good point!

We shall see.

They may just let his bail expire naturally. If not then in due course if they haven't got anything to charge him with they'll have to exonerate him because the longer they leave him with suspect status the more it will give the defence something to argue with - the implication being whilst they've charged one person they're still treating another as a suspect so how sure are they that they have the right man when seemingly still holding another in "reserve" so to speak.

The Moonstone introduces a number of attributes that were to become classic attributes of the twentieth-century detective story:

English country house robbery
An "inside job" - Someone living in the house 'what did it'
red herrings
- The Pizza
A celebrated, skilled, professional investigator - (not sure who that is)
Bungling local constabulary - avon and somerset police force
Detective enquiries
Large number of false suspects - GR/His Bro/CJ
The "least likely suspect" - The quiet Dutchman
A rudimentary "locked room" murder - the keys left inexplicably in the flat
A reconstruction of the crime - crimewatch
A final twist in the plot
- VT's arrest

sound familiar????

the house would have once been a large mansion in the country!

the pizza was effectively stolen as well!!

See above!

try telling that to Barry George , the Birmingham 6 , the Guildford 4, Colin Stagg, Timothy Evans, Stefan Kiszko etc etc etc the list is QUITE LONG

When did people start filing lawsuits for being arrested? I doubt he has a leg to stand on, anyway. If the police have reasonable grounds for suspicion then they can arrest anyone.

C.J and his lawyers don't seem to agree with that.

Joanna Yeates landlord Chris Jeffries believes he will be cleared of her murder and may sue police.

65 year old Mr Jeffries is now considering taking legal action against the Somerset and Avon police force.
http://swns.com/chris-jefferies-may...l-arrest-in-jo-yeates-murder-case-061001.html

Jefferies made a very vague comment. It's hardly grounds for arrest on a serious murder charge.

C.J and his lawyers don't seem to agree with that.

No, it doesn't seem feasible he can sue - there must have been SOMETHING in it for the courts to grant more time for questioning by the police twice. They didnt just pick him up off the streets randomly.

Hello everyone.
My first post. Been following this thread for a few days and still haven't decided on a plausible theory. As it has been a slow news day and we've only had the court appearance I thought there were 1 or 2 interesting visual clues.
If we assume VT is innocent (I'm not sure if he is or isn't), then he would want to communicate to the outside world as soon as possible protesting his innocence.

He knows he can only give his name and address at the hearing so what else can he do?

1. He stares intently at the magistrate. This tells me he has not confessed or his body language would be more defeatist.
2. He wears a red jumper. This could be irrelevant but given that he can only communicate visually could be indicative of the 'Red Herring' mentioned earlier.
3. He rolls his sleeves up. This could be indicative that he is ready for anything that may be thrown at him and he is ready for the battle.

JMO

Whatever the evidence the police have got, it sounds as though VT is up for fighting the case because he's going for bail. The evidence can't be conclusive then unless they haven't shared it all with him. Can the police withhold evidence from a defendant until the trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61