GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And in the meantime, we'll just haul old CJ in on suspicion of murder because there were a few discrepancies in what he thought he saw. Unbelievable isn't it?

To be fair, no-one really knows why the LL was arrested. Also, perhaps the police are making sure that he isn't involved before clearing him, especially if he might have keys to Tabak's flat. Not sure if Jefferies owns that one though.

quote phillb
''If the car wasn't registered to V.T and the Police questioned the owner (not the driver V.T)
Then someone must have lied somewhere''

That makes sense and possibly why a female was crying.

And in the meantime, we'll just haul old CJ in on suspicion of murder because there were a few discrepancies in what he thought he saw. Unbelievable isn't it?

The treatment of the first man to be arrested in this case in some corners of the media and internet was shameful. They'd all but convicted him.

Without knowing ALL the reasons why an arrest was made it's hard to decide if he was just hauled in for a few discrepancies or not.
The fact is that the first man arrested was not charged with anything. While it must have been a very distressing time, the press made it an awful lot worse.

quote phillb
''If the car wasn't registered to V.T and the Police questioned the owner (not the driver V.T)

It does indeed.
The fact remains they have had this footage for three weeks (so it appears) the driver had already been eliminated, and the landlord arrested because he made a rather vague comment thereafter.

So unbelievable that it probably isn't true.

In all of this, there must be a cadaver scent somewhere. In someones flat, car, wheelie bin, clothes or personal belongings. There's huge chunks of evidance missing that I expect will tie everything together in time.

quote phillb

I've just been looking at that article again and see that the owner of the car is referred to as "him". :waitasec:

"Detectives interviewed the owner of the car earlier this month but eliminated him at that stage."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...harged-murder-court-Monday.html#ixzz1BrZAZjn3

do you mean "or did anyone borrow your car"?..... he didn't have a car to "lend" did he?

My humble apologies - and quite right to correct me. A momentary inattention on my part not connected with either ignorance or contempt of grammar, but perhaps not unconnected with looking after two sick children and the fact that English has not been my main spoken language for the last sixteen years.

I've just been looking at that article again and see that the driver is referred to as "him". :waitasec:

"Detectives interviewed the owner of the car earlier this month but eliminated him at that stage."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...harged-murder-court-Monday.html#ixzz1BrZAZjn3

Exactly.

Whoever. Him or her. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes now.
Accessory to murder and all that taken into account!

They MUST have lied to the Police, musn't they? :waitasec:

We have no idea what the landlord said in his police statements or just how cooperative he was or wasn't with the police. We know bits of hearsay from the media and neighbours as to what he did or didn't see so I expect there must have been something else amiss for the police to arrest him. I'm assuming that it had less or possibly nothing to do with anything he said outside the police interview room.

Exactly.

Whoever. Him or her. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
Accessory to murder and all that taken into account! :waitasec:

Ooops, I corrected my post after you quoted it...I had typed driver but corrected it to owner. :)

Ooops, I corrected my post after you quoted it...I had typed driver but corrected it to owner. :)

It is all rather irrelevant if it's a he or she isn't it?

*The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open*

Source unknown.

The mind is more like eating an artichoke. Open, separate usable from unusable, reject unusable, close, consume, re-open, recommence process...

The mind is more like eating an artichoke. Open, separate usable from unusable, reject unusable, close, consume, re-open, recommence process...

Now were talking educated. I like muchness :)

But perhaps we shouldn't. It is after all about the Jo Yeates case.

It does indeed.
The fact remains they have had this footage for three weeks (so it appears) the driver had already been eliminated, and the landlord arrested because he made a rather vague comment thereafter.

Not the DRIVER..it was the OWNER that was eliminated, at the time.

Just a quick mention regarding CJ/LL still remains released on bail & has yet to be cleared of any involvement, the LE have reportedly told Sky News they are currently reviewing the situation & how this affects other matters including that of CJ/LL.

I would imagine the reseason for the delay in reducing CJ/LL to just a witness is purely for legal reasons ??

Just a quick mention regarding CJ/LL still remains released on bail & has yet to be cleared of any involvement, the LE have reportedly told Sky News they are currently reviewing the situation & how this affects other matters including that of CJ/LL.

I would imagine the reseason for the delay in reducing CJ/LL to just a witness is purely for legal reasons ??

The prosecution will need to prove that NUA was not the only line of investigation. Therefore the Police will need to clear up all loose ends to completely confirm that he was not involved before they drop things. Often they will just let the bail expire rather than actively cancelling anything.

The prosecution will need to prove that NUA was not the only line of investigation. Therefore the Police will need to clear up all loose ends to completely confirm that he was not involved before they drop things. Often they will just let the bail expire rather than actively cancelling anything.

Hi Chester & welcome to Websleuths !!

Yes your probably right, & it wouldnt look good from a legal point of view if LE were to clear his name too quickly.

:Welcome1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member