GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i understood that the car going over suspension bridge at night belonged to his friend, the owner of the flat in aberdeen road.....

am i wrong....
I don't know if you're right, but it would make sense, and it would make sense if VT was driving it. It's reported now that he spoke to the press a week or so ago and said he hadn't been at his flat the night Joanna disappeared.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ates-alleged-killer-vows-to-stand-by-him.html

If he had travel plans that night/the next morning (which I gather from messages in this thread) then it would be reasonable for him to stay with someone whose car he was going to borrow in the early hours or who would be giving him a lift.

It would be a remarkable coincidence though of borrowing a car to catch a flight and needing a car to move a body.

Does anyone know if anyone mentioned on the thread ie: CJ,PS, EW etc.. have a 4 x 4? iv only heard of CJ having a BMW - just out of curiosity!

I don't know if anyone has replied to your question (I've been away for hours and just catching up) but here's a pic showing CJ car.

Thursday December 30, 2010

m7yzk3.jpg

Jefferies' Chrysler Neon is taken away for forensic examination
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...-By-Police-In-Bristol/Article/201012415874586

ETA

Thursday 30th December 2010

"Police took away two cars - a silver Chrysler Neon parked on the street and a grey Volvo S40 that was on Mr Jefferies's drive - for examination."

http://www.thelancasterandmorecambe.../8763788.Landlord_quizzed_over_Joanna_murder/

05 Jan 2011

"Detectives also seized two vehicles, which were thought to belong to Mr Jefferies – a silver Chrysler Neon and a grey Volvo S40.But Mr Hardyman said Jefferies was actually looking after one of the cars for a friend.

He said the car actually belonged to 65-year-old Irving Steggles, who now works as a church minister in South Africa.

Mr Hardyman said: "He asked Chris to look after his Chrysler and run it when he was away.

"The car was always parked on the road. When this man came back to visit he wanted his car available. He's been looking after the car three or four years.”"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-Jefferies-unfairly-targeted-says-friend.html

From today's mail,

article-1349615-0CDF6F2A000005DC-371_634x431.jpg

The NUA on the night before his arrest.

It's possible he bumped into Jo on the walk back and CJ actually saw the two of them.

Some very interesting points - (sounds like they are coming from a pol.ce person.)

Most interesting is that VT has the alibi of going over the bridge on way to airport, on perhaps 2 days

Im interested to know how you know VT was seen looking to leave in a hurry from his appt just before he was arrested?

Do you think this is all conclusive? Lots of circumstantial evidence, plus the DNA evidence supposedly is too weak for a conviction. Unless they have much more evidence its very difficult to believe VT is the one.

The media reported that VT was "approached by officers", it has been assumed that this meant that the arrest took place in the street rather than in the property itself. Also it is unusual for the Police to make an arrest at 2am so the general speculation has been that he was being watched and that his actions prompted the Police to act.

Of course an alternative explanation would be that the Police felt they needed to arrest VT without the press knowing. Whilst far from ideal in terms of efficient use of interview time it avoided the debacle that followed the LL's arrest.

I don't know if you're right, but it would make sense, and it would make sense if VT was driving it. It's reported now that he spoke to the press a week or so ago and said he hadn't been at his flat the night Joanna disappeared.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ates-alleged-killer-vows-to-stand-by-him.html

If he had travel plans that night/the next morning (which I gather from messages in this thread) then it would be reasonable for him to stay with someone whose car he was going to borrow in the early hours or who would be giving him a lift.

It would be a remarkable coincidence though of borrowing a car to catch a flight and needing a car to move a body.
BBM

This article says that "Neighbours on Canynge Road yesterday claimed Tabak had returned to his flat on the Friday Miss Yeates disappeared."

22nd January 2011

Neighbours on Canynge Road yesterday claimed Tabak had returned to his flat on the Friday Miss Yeates disappeared. It is understood he spoke to ex-teacher Chris Jefferies, who had helped her boyfriend Greg Reardon start his car before a trip to Sheffield for the weekend.

A neighbour said: ‘When [Vincent] got home on his bike, Chris spoke to him on the drive and told him about what happened with the car.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ent-Tabak-split-girlfriend.html#ixzz1BwJkmKcz

Hello all,

Amongst many questions in my mind, I'm wondering if the vehicle, which has been identified as significant from the Clifton Bridge CCTV, has been taken for forensic examination - especially after a charge has been brought.

I would have expected some photos or reports in the press, regarding the car (whoever owns it), but I've seen nothing. Maybe there's just no news of it, the tabloids having missed that particular 'scoop' despite being all over Canynge Road and Aberdeen Road after VT's arrest.

Were the vehicles that were taken from Canynge Road earlier in the enquiry ever returned?

The vehicle in question forms a key piece of the case against VT how can it not have been forensically examined ?

As has been revealed in the media in the past few days, the discovery of the CCTV evidence from the bridge was significant and took the investigation in a whole new direction. The Police were not going to release that information and tip off the suspect whilst they were trying to build a case against him. It was not a case of the media missing it, they were never told.

There has been no news of the return of three of the vehicles taken by Police, but as their owners have been staying else where this is hardly surprising.

BBM

This article says that "Neighbours on Canynge Road yesterday claimed Tabak had returned to his flat on the Friday Miss Yeates disappeared."

What if CJ was lying about that?

Perhaps VT then went out again and stayed the night with EM.

What if CJ was lying about that?

Perhaps VT then went out again and stayed the night with EM.

The neighbour seems to talk about it as something he had witnessed (possibly PS?)

Although VT was staying at EW's (I assume you meant EW) flat since his return from Holland, I don't think TM would have been too happy about VT staying at her friends house overnight. Canynge Road and Aberdeen Road are about 15 minutes walk apart there isn't really a good reason for him to stay there.

Hi all - new poster but been reading the thread.

I don't think anyone could use the excuse of going to the airport to explain why they were going over the bridge because it's not the route from Clifton. It would be going out of the way for what plausible reason?

Most media reports say that VT left the country on 19th Dec. I can confirm that flights were operational at Bristol airport on 19th Dec as I flew out of there myself. We were just delayed for a while due to the de-icing queue. There was also an Easyjet flight to Amsterdam that afternoon.

Looking at the key things we know from most media reports:

17th December late afternoon? CJ and PS help GR get car started and he leaves for Sheffield

17th December early evening - VT arrives home by bike and CJ tells him about GR's car. We believe TM is at a party 30 miles away (most likely Malmesbury where she works).

17th December approx 8.50 pm JY arrives home.

17th December approx 9 pm neighbours report screams

17th/18th December overnight snow.

18th December sometime in the morning (not clear yet if this is early hours) police believe the car containing JY's body is driven over Clifton bridge.

18th December morning - couple in Longwood Lane see car driving up and down slowly several times and they report it to the police.

18th/19th December overnight snow

19th December - VT allegedly leaves GB for the Netherlands

19th December - 8pm GR arrives back at the flat

It's likely that TM has a car as there is no railway from Bristol to Malmesbury so she'd have to drive there each day.

A crucial fact seems to be at which point did she return to Canynge Rd? If there was a body around, it would seem to be imperative to dispose of it (or hide it) before she came home.

Tabak about to appear in Court 1 at Bristol Magistrates Court.

Hi all - new poster but been reading the thread.

I don't think anyone could use the excuse of going to the airport to explain why they were going over the bridge because it's not the route from Clifton. It would be going out of the way for what plausible reason?

Most media reports say that VT left the country on 19th Dec. I can confirm that flights were operational at Bristol airport on 19th Dec as I flew out of there myself. We were just delayed for a while due to the de-icing queue. There was also an Easyjet flight to Amsterdam that afternoon.

Some very good points there bees, and especially this one. Thanks for clearing that up.

It all leads back to the question of who was the owner of the car being driven across the bridge again? I still have to say C.J's spare Volvo is the most likely candidate, especially as he got arrested soon after. He was looking after it for a friend abroad I believe, that was always parked up the driveway at the back of the house.

Welcome to Websleuths bees! And thanks for the timeline. I have been following this case off and on..I did not realize that there was just a 10-minute gap from the time Jo arrived home and the neighbor heard screams. That makes me think that this attack seems to have been planned and intentional - really no time for a social visit to go badly it seems.

(Sorry if this has already been addressed - it really gives me a different impression.)

Hi
I am new here but have been reading with interest for a few weeks.
Very impressed with your respectful mature discussions!
Right, last night a scenario came to mind, just want to share it;

I wonder how well VT and CJ know each other? Both are intelligent educated, maybe they talked and knew each other quite well?
Maybe, CJ and possibly other friends talked with VT about "all sorts" , even, "sleeper hold" that Glenis Carruthers died after? Not saying any of them actually are guilty of Carruthers murder, but I could imagine academics talk about all sorts of life events.
Well, how about VT finds that very intesting, thinks about it more and more...is stupidly curious about it. (academic intelligence isn't the same as everyday intelligence)
Somehow, talks to Joanna on Friday, they have a Christmas drink, he doesn't do alcohol well, misinterprets, and things go very badly.
CJ calls round as he heard something. Feels some solidarity with fellow academic, some guilt for talking about "sleeper holds" or other things...and so helps him out? Because at the time VT is completely freaked.

Hope it's okay to speculate like that?
Just think the coincidences with house and Carruthers are linked in some way. Originally, I thought that an old associate of CJs might have been involved in both murders. And maybe had been back on the area visiting old friends at Christmas time. Just thought CJ was connected, but, wasn't the murderer?

Thanks for reading

Welcome to Websleuths bees! And thanks for the timeline. I have been following this case off and on..I did not realize that there was just a 10-minute gap from the time Jo arrived home and the neighbor heard screams. That makes me think that this attack seems to have been planned and intentional - really no time for a social visit to go badly it seems.

(Sorry if this has already been addressed - it really gives me a different impression.)

Sorry but nobody knows what time J arrived home. That has been one of the problems that the Police faced with the investigation. The 8:50 time comes from a reasonable guestimate based on the last confirmed sighting and the walking time from Regent St but there could easily be a 5 or 10 minutes margin of error as her movements are not precisely known.

Hi
I am new here but have been reading with interest for a few weeks.
Very impressed with your respectful mature discussions!
Right, last night a scenario came to mind, just want to share it;

I wonder how well VT and CJ know each other? Both are intelligent educated, maybe they talked and knew each other quite well?
Maybe, CJ and possibly other friends talked with VT about "all sorts" , even, "sleeper hold" that Glenis Carruthers died after? Not saying any of them actually are guilty of Carruthers murder, but I could imagine academics talk about all sorts of life events.
Well, how about VT finds that very intesting, thinks about it more and more...is stupidly curious about it. (academic intelligence isn't the same as everyday intelligence)
Somehow, talks to Joanna on Friday, they have a Christmas drink, he doesn't do alcohol well, misinterprets, and things go very badly.
CJ calls round as he heard something. Feels some solidarity with fellow academic, some guilt for talking about "sleeper holds" or other things...and so helps him out? Because at the time VT is completely freaked.

Hope it's okay to speculate like that?
Just think the coincidences with house and Carruthers are linked in some way. Originally, I thought that an old associate of CJs might have been involved in both murders. And maybe had been back on the area visiting old friends at Christmas time. Just thought CJ was connected, but, wasn't the murderer?

Thanks for reading

:greetings:, Emquestions

Thanks for joining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads