GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again PSA.... the munchies (as you possibly know) is induced by the use of Cannabis, folk appear to crave sugary foods and carbs, some list Pizza as a favourite when stoned. It's possible the scene was 'set' some time after the act. Maybe TM wasn't back that night or as another poster said, came home and she herself was asleep when much of the scene was cleaned.

It is possible the Pizza was quickly gobbled down and then when VT (if he WAS stoned) decided to clean up later it was too late, it had gone. One of his props was missing, maybe some was left with DNA on it.

I think there were possibly two stages to the crime here, stage one was when Jo was killed and stage two when the scene was set and Jo was removed. I think VT had a few hours between the two to start to think straight. I think it's possible Jo let him in after he came round with the idea of Xmas celebrations knowing GR was away. Again it's possible he found Jo's keys left in the door as she went for post. Either way I don't think myself he was in there waiting, if he was it was only for a second, JMO.

What might be interesting is if the Police have any peeping tom type reports in the area where VT used to live, he's a big bloke (tall) so if there was I'm sure the Police have studied them.
I just don't get this being a one off, more like an escallation.

Hi Robin Hood

LOLLL. I may indeed have looked as tho I had the munchies after cherwell's post, tho I may assure you I am very proud of the fact I've never tasted a drug in my life. That aside - each to his own ... and yes, I know weed apparently makes people gobble copious portions of food.

I think it did escalate, Firefly. In Tabak's head. We wont know details because we're "out here" studying our muse, so to speak. If ... IF if he was inside, he wasn't waiting, IMO. He was up to no good, FWIW.

There is no way the Crown would deny m/s and go for Murder 1 ... if they didn't have irrefutable evidence. Not in this case; certainly not accepting half-justice for Jo. Never, not this one ... IMO.

Hi PolkSaladAnnie,

The book is available on Amazon etc. if you want to get a copy. It is about the double murder of Julie and Robin Kerry, and their cousin Thomas Cummins (the author's brother). The Kerry sisters took their cousin to a bridge (known suicide location to the locals apparently) to show him a poem they had painted on the bridge. On the way back, they were attacked by four guys; the sisters were sexually assaulted and pushed off the bridge, the cousin was made to jump off the bridge. He survived the fall. Julie Kerry's body was found three weeks later, Robin Kerry's body hasn't been found to date. She is still listed on doenetwork.org and some other sites; she's listed here in Profiles of Missing Children, I think, and the thread is closed. Thomas Cummins was wrongly suspected of the murder because they wouldn't believe his story and thought he couldn't have survived the fall. Thankfully, the four scumbags who did it were caught.

Here's a link to the author's website: http://www.ripinheaven.com/

I know this is off-topic - apologies. Back to JY now.

WOW!! I'm already glued. Thank you SO much. For a true-crime addict like moi - this is fine fodder for a biting soul. Appreciated, Firefly.

Tks again ... Polk.

Oh thanks, Robin. Leopard crawlin out while time's on my side. LOLLL

Hehe hehe. The crime may be heinous - but the "postmanship" communication in here should always remain, if possible ... congenial.

One thing that could explain no evidence of a struggle would be that he spiked JY’s drink.

These type of drugs are easily slipped into drinks and food and are very fast acting. They render the victim unconscious but responsive with little or no memory of what happens while the drug is active in their system. Like most drugs the date rape drugs render a person incapable of thinking clearly or of making appropriate decision. This makes for a very passive victim, one who is still able to play a role in what is happening but who will have no clear memory of what happened after-the-fact.

He could have then had the opportunity to act out any dangerous perversion but could have went too far whilst she was in a drugged state and rendered helpless. Some of these drugs can be undetectable in the system within hours, but I’m not sure if they can still be detected in the hair.

Whatever happened, the CPS must have strong evidence that he murdered Jo but I’m sure he will come up with some ‘*advertiser censored* and bull’ story to fit in with events, he has had enough practice

“The feeling around here is not a nice one now, it’s as if the area has been blighted by what happened. We are all very sad about it, and although I didn’t know Miss Yeates, I am deeply saddened by what ¬happened.”
:boohoo:

A bald faced liar if ever there was one !!!

Joanna Yeates trial: Mirror and Sun face contempt charges
---
Contempt of court proceedings are infrequently issued against newspapers, and only invoked where it is believed that media coverage of a case could prejudice the outcome of any trial. It is more unusual still for the attorney general to take action in defence of an individual who has not been charged.
---
the rest at Guardian link above

I wonder what his friends/uni colleagues in Holland who supplied money towards his defence think now. I'd be pretty P...ed off.

Contempt of court proceedings are infrequently issued against newspapers, and only invoked where it is believed that media coverage of a case could prejudice the outcome of any trial. It is more unusual still for the attorney general to take action in defence of an individual who has not been charged.

Interesting ,so why is he sticking his nose in here none of his business if that's the case .

Still asking .... WHY. What happened to this man's head to plunge into such dark, unbelievable depths such as murder?

I wonder if the death of his father a couple of years or so beforehand may have played a mind-altering role in his esteem, ego, belief and approach to life? Could that have triggered off a disturbing, latent seed?

Thoughts?

He thought he was above the law , would be protected and get away with it, as many of his kind do. There are some strange ideologies around. I don't think it was anything to do with his state of mind, although the defence will claim it was. IMO.

Interesting ,so why is he sticking his nose in here none of his business if that's the case .

I'm sure part of the reason is that the Attorney General had previously warned newspapers on the 31st December that some of their comments could prejudice any future trial. Despite that, the Sun and Mirror, in particular, continued with their character assassination of CJ.

Contempt of court, though, is very much the business of the Attorney General. If he's sticking his nose in, it is very late in the day to do so - I'm surprised he didn't act back in January.

Still asking .... WHY. What happened to this man's head to plunge into such dark, unbelievable depths such as murder?

I wonder if the death of his father a couple of years or so beforehand may have played a mind-altering role in his esteem, ego, belief and approach to life? Could that have triggered off a disturbing, latent seed?

Thoughts?

According to VT’s close friends he was besotted with Tanja and hoped to marry her soon. Could be that some bad aspect of his character had been revealed and he didn’t want to lose her and his good name by this being revealed. Did Jo catch him up to no good in a shed perhaps in the back garden snooping through her bedroom window. Maybe the cat suddenly got out and she ran after it. It’s hard to understand PSA what could have driven him to take away a young girls life.

Thoughts?

I think we should all remember that VT has pleaded not guilty to murder. It may be that some of us doubt that, but the Attorney General has already warned that "We need to avoid a situation where trials cannot take place or are prejudiced as a result of irrelevant or improper material being published, whether in print form or on the internet".

VT has only pleaded guilty to manslaughter, which is basically accidental killing, such as can happen if a car driver hits a cyclist and the cyclist dies.

The prosecution have not accepted this plea, but it is up to the jury to decide whether the act was manslaughter or murder - it is not up to us here to do that.

I think we should all remember that VT has pleaded not guilty to murder. It may be that some of us doubt that, but the Attorney General has already warned that "We need to avoid a situation where trials cannot take place or are prejudiced as a result of irrelevant or improper material being published, whether in print form or on the internet".

VT has only pleaded guilty to manslaughter, which is basically accidental killing, such as can happen if a car driver hits a cyclist and the cyclist dies.

The prosecution have not accepted this plea, but it is up to the jury to decide whether the act was manslaughter or murder - it is not up to us here to do that.

What do you mean "not up to us here" to decide or discuss? I have every right to my opinion and I happen to support the Crown. I personally believe he is guilty of murder. His actions before and after are utterly *deplorable* ... the way he dumped Jo on a freezing pavement ... allowed CJ to take the fall .... acted "perfectly normally" to everyone else shows zero remorse, worry or innocence. His plea is, in my opinion, one designed to save HIS skin. Calling that family meeting - distancing himself. Moving out when no one else did? Distancing himself... Prosecution? HERE I come ... LOL

He's admitted that he is responsible for Jo being dead. Not an ounce of remorse ... zip. I think, as I have repeatedly stated, Jo caught him in her flat doing something ugly ... and he silenced the her: she was a witness.

And so ... I'll continue to denounce the man's actions ... and hugely support the prosecution and Jo's family for just ... a gazillion percent. That our views differ do not make you nor I better or worse posters. So for it to be inferred I (others) have "no right" to opine here ... well ... I do differ on that. Nevertheless I totally respect your opinion to wait until trial to see what VT's head is all about. For me ... it goes to psychopathy: what HE wants ...

Accident? Hardly likely.

Else WHY is everybody here?

Accident?

Did he call for help? Ask for assistance? Show he was sorry after the fact?

What was it that well within 30 mins of Jo entering the comfort and security of her own home could have happened that required Jo dead?

Is this because he has money, affluence, a PhD, great job and is not the normal run of a mill killer? If so, isn't that discrimination? What makes him any better a person that Whiting, Huntley, Bellfield, Halliwell, Moat, Dick Bird ... and other illegal takers of life?

Seems we have to be "nice" and accept his word for his plea? After lying to detectives (wasn't there, saw nothing, didn't know Jo; this is a safe place - we're all very sad about what happened...".

He knew what happened. He's admitted it b/c there's irrefutable evidence. M/s or Murder 1? Crown aren't having any of it and he would NOT have confessed had he not seen what the Crown has.

You say m/s. Fine, respected.

I say Murder 1 ... the trial will tell.

Wow .... methinks this case will be a biggie. A real biggie ... and VT never, ever expected the media frenzy to go ballistic. He prob thought if he could have gotten her over that wall once and for all - he could carry on "acting normal". But Mother Nature had plans of Karma for him ... and it snowed over so he couldn't find the spot he left Jo ... she was found. And he thought he could escape by distancing himself. Zero tears.

When CJ was in *jail* .... he hopped on a plane for ... believe it or not ... "a lovely holiday in Holland ...". His friend and neighbour ... takes HIS wrap? Can't say he didn't know. It was global by then ... and now we know he cnfessed to her death --- doubles that he KNEW CJ was in jail. That's heinous.

Or maybe not so scary to you? That's fine. But it is scary to me ... lol .... well there's another trial I'm soon to sink into but I'll be back here circa October to share all the details.

Let's see .... what happens ...

I agree.

So focusing on a plea of manslaughter, how many ways can you accidentally kill someone by compression of the neck?

I can imagine the headlock scenario where someone is trying to restrain and silence. Are there any others?

Here's a case in which Dr Nat Carey - who examined Joanna's body for the defense - testified that death may not have been due to strangulation but rather from an armlock:
Home Office pathologist Nat Cary could also find no evidence to show any item had been placed over her mouth and nose.

He told Ipswich Crown Court it was possible she had been asphyxiated after being placed in an armlock from behind.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...st/Article/20080141303223?chooseNews=Politics
Carey has testified on the matter other times as well; googling about will find them. Such testimony could aid a manslaughter defense.

I thought that Jo was strangled by a ligature, which could have been her missing sock

The Sun:

A police officer said they would be searching about 40 drains looking for any evidence that might help in the investigation.
Yesterday cops revealed Jo may have been strangled with one of her own socks.
Police said the landscape architect was killed with a ligature and it could have been the long grey ski-type sock missing from her body when it was found near Bristol.

If this is the case it was hardly accidental.

I don't think it's going to be about an accident. It's going to be about his state of mind. He's either going to claim some psychiatric condition or a temporary, drug-induced insanity, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018