Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by whiterum
I doubt conscience had anything to do with it, otherwise he would have given himself up when poor GR was being accused left right and centre. Also kept his trap shut when CJ was being slandered and branded a murderer.

To me that means he was so sure CJ was going to take the rap for it. Now why would that be the case He would know that it could eventually come tumbling down on him unless he knew others were involved.

Originally Posted by whiterum
I doubt conscience had anything to do with it, otherwise he would have given himself up when poor GR was being accused left right and centre. Also kept his trap shut when CJ was being slandered and branded a murderer.

To me that means he was so sure CJ was going to take the rap for it. Now why would that be the case He would know that it could eventually come tumbling down on him unless he knew others were involved.

Meaning he couldn't care less who was being accused GR, CJ or whoever, as long as the wind wasn't blowing in his direction he was high and dry.

I don't believe kINGFISHER that he had an accomplice, otherwise he would be singing like a bird.

Your point regarding CJ stands since he was arrested, but was GR ever publicly "accused" other than on internet forums and the like? Not everyone reads this sort of stuff.

GR himself commented on the finger pointing and character assassination by social and news media. He said he had lost faith in the British Press and those who find themselves fixed to the internet in this modern age. I am sure he was very well aware of all the speculation and accusation concerning himself, as were thousands of users.

I assume that VT being the culprit, would also have been online keeping up to date on public opinion and speculation regarding the case, could have been fanning the flames for all we know.

Oh, GR was certainly aware, no question, and I took his comments (by the phrasing) to include the vilification of CJ. But there are still many thousands of people who only follow this kind of story via the TV and radio news and I don't think GR himself was ever directly accused through those media, nor in the newspapers. Mind you, I don't read all the rags, so I may be wrong.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...f-murdering-wife-but-jailed-for-26-years.html

I seem to remember it being suggested that this was how JY's body was removed from the flat, and that the absence of the bag was one of the reasons the parents had for believing that she had come to harm.

I think it was a ski or snowboard bag (as they were both very keen winter sports enthusiasts) that was suggested by some of 'the boyfriend did it' brigade. Never mentioned by Police, parents or GR.

Meaning he couldn't care less who was being accused GR, CJ or whoever, as long as the wind wasn't blowing in his direction he was high and dry.

I don't believe kINGFISHER that he had an accomplice, otherwise he would be singing like a bird.

I agree he would be singing, but what if the other person made a deal to turn evidence ? testify for the prosecution because their role was minor. We still don't really know why CJ was on bail for so long.

I know the Police make mistakes but the arrest of CJ, IMO was based on more than a few suggestive comments from pupils and a dodgy hairstyle.
Wrongful arrest maybe for a murder charge but what about lending a car and keeping quiet. Just mere speculation folks.

I agree he would be singing, but what if the other person made a deal to turn evidence ? testify for the prosecution because their role was minor. We still don't really know why CJ was on bail for so long.

I know the Police make mistakes but the arrest of CJ, IMO was based on more than a few suggestive comments from pupils and a dodgy hairstyle.
Wrongful arrest maybe for a murder charge but what about lending a car and keeping quiet. Just mere speculation folks.

I had always suspected his car had been used but since CJ was absolutely baffled concerning his arrest and is suing the police, I'm not so sure. If he lent his car and kept quiet and this originally pointed to him being the culprit or an accomplice, this would have been a good reason for police to suspect and arrest him. If this is the case, suing the police for wrongful arrest may not be a good idea.

I'm not sure how it works really. I see your point about good reason to suspect, IF he kept quiet about the car.
I was thinking maybe 'I'm arresting you for the murder of...' (wrongful arrest)
or 'I'm arresting you for witholding info...' (correct arrest)
It seems about wording to me, but, what do I know ? diddly squat methinks.

My goodness, if ever there was a case of premeditated murder this was it. I think ‘abnormality of the mind’ could well describe this Jury. The Judge should have sentenced each of them to fourteen taps on the head with a hammer to make sure any future Jury Service will be totally out of the question.

I agree a terrible sentence, no wonder he was smirking.

Suing the media and Police could be a twofold scenario , one to appease CJ and the other in the long term to suppress any other dodgy information and goings on, and I don't mean by the media. Here I go again, it's not what you do but who you know. JMO.

I'm not sure how it works really. I see your point about good reason to suspect, IF he kept quiet about the car.
I was thinking maybe 'I'm arresting you for the murder of...' (wrongful arrest)
or 'I'm arresting you for witholding info...' (correct arrest)
It seems about wording to me, but, what do I know ? diddly squat methinks.

Oh yes, I get you now RH but if you know 'Diddly Squat' then what do I know 'Bugger All' methinks LOL

I think it was a ski or snowboard bag (as they were both very keen winter sports enthusiasts) that was suggested by some of 'the boyfriend did it' brigade. Never mentioned by Police, parents or GR.

No, I don't think it was - but I seem to remember seeing a photo, or a video of police removing items from the flat, and in one shot there was a label attached with a reference to a surfboard or snowboard (can't remember which). Something to the effect that the items* were found under or over the board. I thought at the time that the label was meant to be seen and read by someone, iyswim.

*don't know exactly what they were, but it was along the lines of rugs, blankets, that type of thing.

don't know exactly what they were, but it was along the lines of rugs, blankets, that type of thing.

As the focus of the investigation moved next door, forensics officers wearing white protective suits completed their search of Miss Yeates’ basement flat.

Sealing the entrance off with police tape, officers carried three bags with clearly visible labels.

One read, ‘blue and brown towel from bathroom’, another read, ‘green and white curtain from underneath skis and surf board in the hallway’ and the third one was marked ‘orange throw from fridge in living room’

I think this might be the items you are referring to Cherwell.

No, I don't think it was - but I seem to remember seeing a photo, or a video of police removing items from the flat, and in one shot there was a label attached with a reference to a surfboard or snowboard (can't remember which). Something to the effect that the items* were found under or over the board. I thought at the time that the label was meant to be seen and read by someone, iyswim.

*don't know exactly what they were, but it was along the lines of rugs, blankets, that type of thing.

From what I recall there were three items mentioned - a towel taken from the bathroom, a throw taken from on top of the fridge in the living room and either a blanket or a sheet taken from the cupboard which had been lying over either skis or a snowboard.

Edit: whoops sorry (and thanks) whiterum, just seen your post above.

That was it! It must have been the report I remembered, rather than a photo. The only one I could remember was ‘orange throw from fridge in living room’ because it sounded so incongruous. But I knew there was a mention of a surfboard or snowboard.

I thought at the time that the label was meant to be seen and read by someone

It is strange that these were the final items carried from the flat before they sealed the door and the only forensic bags that openly displayed the content labels in full view of the media.

I think the bags did not contain these items at all, you would expect these would have been bagged much earlier in the search. If a large bag was seen to be missing from the flat and it was known that any of these items had been removed from it, that would definitely have been the case.

I think forensics had already tested these items and the police knew of their significance to the inquiry. This could have been a ploy by the police to send some kind of message to the killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patuniapicklebottoms