GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not buying any of that... unless he comes out and says look I was in there sniffing her panties or whatever :woohoo:. Which is probably a more honest scenario.

It's not as if he killed her with an evil stare, he strangled her to death... it's takes time - according to the pros.

I'm not buying anything of that either. You can be sure when he has said they saw each other through the kitchen window and the events started from there it's going to be a load of lies, something concocted like I said in my post to try and take the edge of his horrible crime.

It's not going to work, he is a heartless murderer no matter what lame excuse he makes and I'm confident he will going down for murder.

But he knew it was missing because he took it. So when police were asking what he ate that night you would think he would put two and two together and keep it under his hat.

I made another post after that one explaining why I think he might have mentioned it:

Re: pizza

Just checked and it was in the statement he gave to police on 31st Dec that he told them he'd eaten a pizza on the night she disappeared - I'm thinking he might have said that in case the wrapping turned up in his rubbish bags at the dump.

Re: pizza

Just checked and it was in the statement he gave to police on 31st Dec that he told them he'd eaten a pizza on the night she disappeared - I'm thinking he might have said that in case the wrapping turned up in his rubbish bags at the dump.

Yes, interesting he could remember what he had eaten on a night exactly two weeks before he made that statement to police.

Surely if VT wanted to get rid of the pizza wrapping he could have burnt it.

Unless of course he did dump it in the conventional sense, but then it would be a little stupid of him to say he ate pizza.

Wasn't he caught out on CCTV doing something leading up to his arrest. I remember seeing B&W CCTV of him somewhere I'd assume was around Clifton, Perhaps he was taking out the rubbish?

I don't think any noteworthy information was disclosed to the media, other than his arrest, but the CCTV images definitely were.

In Deckard's scenario she had dropped her coat in the hall and ran to the loo, after drinking around two pints of cider whilst out, she may not have locked the door momentarily in her haste. I don't know if the prosecution ever said that Jo drank the cider just that half of it was consumed. If so, I wonder why that is.

I certainly don't think the door was ajar either or this actually happened just thinking of what lying tale he's could come up with concerning the kitchen window.

I know but I don't believe that is what happened or that the door was ajar. The police and prosecution will know who drank the cider. They said she had settled down and was interrupted. I couldn't swear in a court of law that they said she drank it. Someone here may be able to shed light on this point? My impression is that she did drink it.

As long as the prosecution can show that she died by strangulation by his hands, and that it took a significant amount of time, I can't see that he has a snowball's chance in hell of a manslaughter verdict. Regardless of any wrangling over timelines, screams or anything else, and whatever story they've concocted.

While I was under the impression that there was little visible sign of injury, I was open to the idea of manslaughter, and could entertain some possible scenarios, but not now. Not now more of the facts are coming out.

Surely if VT wanted to get rid of the pizza wrapping he could have burnt it.
Possibly but not easily without being seen (Bristol is a smoke free zone so no open fires in houses) and also that evening he was completely useless at covering his tracks in all sorts of ways so he probably didn't think clearly enough then, although later he was more calculating.

ETA just checked and they can have open fires but only use smoke free fuel so it's possible his flat did have a fireplace

I know but I don't believe that is what happened or that the door was ajar. The police and prosecution will know who drank the cider. They said she had settled down and was interrupted. I couldn't swear in a court of law that they said she drank it. Someone here may be able to shed light on this point? My impression is that she did drink it.

Yes I do too but as far as I know the police haven't come out and actually said she drank it but everyone just assumed she did, since she had just bought it and it was on the table, which is logical of course.

As long as the prosecution can show that she died by strangulation by his hands, and that it took a significant amount of time, I can't see that he has a snowball's chance in hell of a manslaughter verdict. Regardless of any wrangling over timelines, screams or anything else, and whatever story they've concocted.

While I was under the impression that there was little visible sign of injury, I was open to the idea of manslaughter, and could entertain some possible scenarios, but not now. Not now more of the facts are coming out.

I know with the false impressions the police were giving out, it is a complete shock to hear that she was subjected to one if the worst deaths imaginable, it's no wonder he needs four bodyguards, after that revelation.

As long as the prosecution can show that she died by strangulation by his hands, and that it took a significant amount of time, I can't see that he has a snowball's chance in hell of a manslaughter verdict.
If autopsy results support this, I tend to agree with you at this point in the trial, unless the defense pull a rabbit out of their hat.

The defence really don't want those screams to be JY's so they clearly have another story that involves her being killed later "events leading up to..." I think Clegg said.

I think you are correct but if it were later wouldn't she have finished the cider, eaten (she hadn't eaten since lunch time) and maybe made those cakes or text messages etc?

Also VT is seen in ASDA and on CCTV running around Bristol in his car seemingly from 9.30, what time would be left if he picked up his girlfriend at 1am?

The defense case will be interesting

Yes I do too but as far as I know the police haven't come out and actually said she drank it but everyone just assumed she did, since she had just bought it and it was on the table, which is logical of course.

The question I'm asking is whether the prosecution said she drank it.

It does seem more likely that she had a drink after she arrived home, than that VT drank it.

The question I'm asking is whether the prosecution said she drank it.

It does seem more likely that she had a drink after she arrived home, than that VT drank it.

Of course I think she must have drank it but it is a niggling annoyance to me that they don't actually say she drank it. This had caused much speculation regarding staging an abduction at the beginning of the case.

I hope I haven't passed this niggle on to you now Sammyme LOL

The Pathologist is said to be giving evidence possibly today at court:

Dr Russell Delaney is said to have found 12 wounds to her head and neck, three to her trunk and 12 to her right arm.

Should be interesting to see what he thinks may have caused the wounds and at what time.

rupertevelyn Rupert Evelyn
Morning from Court 1, Bristol. Jo Yeates murder trial about to get underway again.

Daniel Birch witness statement being read to the court. He found Joanna Yeates' body in Longwood lane
18 minutes ago

Birch "I saw a lump in the snow... I thought i'd seen a denim jeans pocket... My mind was saying that was a body"
15 minutes ago

Birch "I could see the form of a human body covered in snow... I could see a section of skin" he then called the police

Andrew Mott - Forensic Scene coordinator now in the witness box
12 minutes ago

When Andrew Mott approached the body for the first time he was wearing full protective clothing. It was obvious to him it was a body
6 minutes ago

Mott noted blood staining on the wall. #joyeates
3 minutes ago

Sorry if this has been posted before, if the jury were to see the flat basically as it was found as a crime scene, the curtains in the living room are closed.

The bedroom’s very sheer curtains were closed but it appears the pull down blind behind is almost up and you could see through those curtains at night from outside if close enough, especially through the space where the curtains meet in the middle.

The venetian type kitchen blinds in the kitchen are open but Jo could have opened these in a darkened kitchen to check for the cat, a noise, a knock at the door or in response to the security light coming on.

Since VT was familiar with the cat and played with it often, it must have been regularly out and about and as Cherwell said the cat could be involved in some way.

He could well have used it as a decoy or some pretence for Jo to open the door. A sensitive security light will respond even to a cat passing or at the doorstep.

The timing of Jo returning home and the screams go some way in showing that he could have entered or pushed in with the intent to attack and kill (or was already in).

But no matter what his defence, imo nothing is going to take away the state of Jo’s body and the time it took for her to die. He could have stopped at any time but he continued until she had expired. imo that alone will be enough to convict him of murder.

Because of the snowy, icy conditions Mott was concerned about putting tent over the body in case it changed conditions surrounding body

Court is being shown photos of Joanna Yeates' body as she was found covered in snow. #joyeates

juliareidsky Julia Reid
#Vincenttabak has his head forward in his clasped hands
7 minutes ago

Vincent Tabak has a screen with the images in front of him. He is mostly looking down with his hands on his head. #joyeates

juliareidsky Julia Reid
Court sees pictures of the snow covered body as Andrew Mott describes how it was moved from the scene.
1 minute ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member