Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
jyeates.jpg

The 'Full' Trial begins on October 4th & is expected to last upto 4 weeks, its been a long wait but were nearly there. I hope all those who were here at the beginning of this murder thread return for the conviction/sentencing.

N0487581316518549850A.jpg

David & Teresa Yeates outside Bristol Crown Court earlier today.

The 'Full' Trial begins on October 4th & is expected to last upto 4 weeks, its been a long wait but were nearly there. I hope all those who were here at the beginning of this murder thread return for the conviction/sentencing.

N0487581316518549850A.jpg

David & Teresa Yeates outside Bristol Crown Court earlier today.

Yes, It has been a long wait, I can't wait to hear what he has to say, he has admitted killing J/Y and is saying it was an accident, and accidents do happen, but the person calls the emergency services, they don't take the body for a ride and dump them by the road side in freezing snow, that alone makes him very guilty, so Yes I will be back for the
conviction/sentencing.
Posting link to the BBC News.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-14990517

Whitedove.

Yes, It has been a long wait, I can't wait to hear what he has to say, he has admitted killing J/Y and is saying it was an accident, and accidents do happen, but the person calls the emergency services, they don't take the body for a ride and dump them by the road side in freezing snow, that alone makes him very guilty, so Yes I will be back for the
conviction/sentencing.
Posting link to the BBC News.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-14990517

Whitedove.

It certainly will be interesting to hear VT's version of the event that led to JY's death, you never know he may well tell the truth ?? Still we'll have to leave that to the prosecution to prove otherwise, its definitely gonna be interesting.

I often have conversations with my GF about this case, & we wonder whether or not if these two were having some sort of relationship ?? Remember what JY's parents said in the early interviews with the press regarding what they found in the flat when they got there ?? Still all to be revealed.

I have been reading another blog where I have posted my theory on what I believe VT's defence will be. The blog is http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/tabak-vs-regina-pre-trial-discussion/
The blog has four or five parts to it, the link above is the current part.

I posted this re. VT's defence plea

''There is a condition called Vagal Inhibition. From what I understand it can be caused by pressure to the neck in manual strangulation, horseplay and armlocks. I have tried to research it further to understand it can be instantaneous, when the Vagas nerve is squeezed it sends messages between the heart and brain that conflict causing the heart to stop. Sometimes it’s hard to detect as it can leave no trace on the skin.
After trying to read up on this (it’s not an easy suject to research) I have found it can occur when extreme fear is induced as in fight or flight scenarios''

There has been much discussion about the CCTV evidence, where some posters think they can see somebody on a bike following Jo home. It's also been reported that the jury will be walking Jo's route home which could be because the police think that VT did follow Jo and was not at Canynge road when Jo arrived home.

Another poster thinks that the CCTV of Jo in Tesco has possibly been photo shopped by the police because it did show Jo wearing a necklace and they didn't want the person who killed Jo to know that they were aware of Jo wearing it ( it may have been taken as a trophy)
Just a few points to think about as we quickly approach the 4th of Oct

I have been reading another blog where I have posted my theory on what I believe VT's defence will be. The blog is http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/tabak-vs-regina-pre-trial-discussion/
The blog has four or five parts to it, the link above is the current part.

I posted this re. VT's defence plea

''There is a condition called Vagal Inhibition. From what I understand it can be caused by pressure to the neck in manual strangulation, horseplay and armlocks. I have tried to research it further to understand it can be instantaneous, when the Vagas nerve is squeezed it sends messages between the heart and brain that conflict causing the heart to stop. Sometimes it’s hard to detect as it can leave no trace on the skin.
After trying to read up on this (it’s not an easy suject to research) I have found it can occur when extreme fear is induced as in fight or flight scenarios''

There has been much discussion about the CCTV evidence, where some posters think they can see somebody on a bike following Jo home. It's also been reported that the jury will be walking Jo's route home which could be because the police think that VT did follow Jo and was not at Canynge road when Jo arrived home.

Another poster thinks that the CCTV of Jo in Tesco has possibly been photo shopped by the police because it did show Jo wearing a necklace and they didn't want the person who killed Jo to know that they were aware of Jo wearing it ( it may have been taken as a trophy)
Just a few points to think about as we quickly approach the 4th of Oct

The defense’s recently enhanced statement regarding the degree of force used to kill Jo, backs up your original theory that they intend to use something like this VI, to back up his manslaughter plea.

It's also interesting that the Jury will be walking Jo’s route home, he could well have been caught on CCTV following her home on his bicycle.

Was he captured on Professor Kingman’s CCTV which covered the entrance to her road

The CCTV could provide information about the time she arrived and reveal whether she was being followed back to her flat. A police spokesman would not comment on the matter but national newspaper reports quoted a spokesman saying: "We are unable to comment on this CCTV footage and there are no plans for its release"

I am also anxious to hear what the very significant item was that was found and handed in to police, among the many other unanswered questions.

Whatever evidence the police have handed over to the CPS must support the charge of murder, will VT's defense be able to explain all of this evidence away.

Can’t wait for the trial when all will be revealed and hopefully true justice will be done for Jo and her family.

Whatever the significant item was, it wasn't found at LL IMO because it was sent for pollen tests and if it was in LL it wouldn't need any would it ?
Also, it must have been regarded/reconised as important, something gave it away as 'special' 'cos you can bet they were handed all types of rubbish by the public.

I'm going for a suitcase or surf bag type thing (not unusual you might say) I'm guessing it's where it was found that gives it away.

Robin Hood''There is a condition called Vagal Inhibition. From what I understand it can be caused by pressure to the neck in manual strangulation, horseplay and armlocks. I have tried to research it further to understand it can be instantaneous, when the Vagas nerve is squeezed it sends messages between the heart and brain that conflict causing the heart to stop. Sometimes it’s hard to detect as it can leave no trace on the skin.
There are some interesting articles on how these methods are used and by whom and why. Grim, ritualistic also. Something the prosecution will have to prove, accurately is how well he said he knew her and the account of others.

There are some interesting articles on how these methods are used and by whom and why. Grim, ritualistic also. Something the prosecution will have to prove, accurately is how well he said he knew her and the account of others.

Exactly Kingfisher, If he is now going to claim some relationship, I think it's important that the prosecution prove that he didn't know Jo that well at all, she was nothing more than an aquaintance.

Not too long ago when he said he didn’t know Miss Yeates to a reporter, he must have been confident that there was no-one who could come forward to contradict that statement. It appears then it would be only his word, if this is part of his defense.

On that Friday night, when both partners would be away, a good opportunity to get together you would think, if in some sort of relationship. Why then would Jo have text an old friend to meet up that evening.

Jo was a beautiful, intelligent young woman in a strong relationship, there is no way she was going to allow what amounts to a stranger anywhere near her neck or otherwise, in my opinion.

IMO he isn't going to claim he had any sort of relationship with Jo. My thoughts are that he's going to say in a stupid moment of madness he thought he might be in with a chance of sexual interaction. Went to her door was greeted by Jo in a festive mood after a few drinks with her mates in the pub, he mis-read the signals and he ended up wearing the Pizza. He tried to stop her screaming out, hooked his arm around her neck and dropped her immediately by pressure on the vagal nerve.
The jury aren't stupid, if he wants any chance of a manslaughter plea he's not going to sully Jo's name, he will if anything carry the whole burden.
It's not necessarily the truth but it's the best defence he's got, IMO he's going for a play on the jury's empathy.

IMO he isn't going to claim he had any sort of relationship with Jo. My thoughts are that he's going to say in a stupid moment of madness he thought he might be in with a chance of sexual interaction. Went to her door was greeted by Jo in a festive mood after a few drinks with her mates in the pub, he mis-read the signals and he ended up wearing the Pizza. He tried to stop her screaming out, hooked his arm around her neck and dropped her immediately by pressure on the vagal nerve.....

.... It's not necessarily the truth but it's the best defence he's got

I do think this sounds like a very plausible scenario, I've always thought that what happened was something along those lines. We do know that JY was in a mood for more drinking in company, from her text to MW. What more likely that she offered or accepted a casual invitation from a neighbour?

IMO he isn't going to claim he had any sort of relationship with Jo. My thoughts are that he's going to say in a stupid moment of madness he thought he might be in with a chance of sexual interaction. Went to her door was greeted by Jo in a festive mood after a few drinks with her mates in the pub, he mis-read the signals and he ended up wearing the Pizza. He tried to stop her screaming out, hooked his arm around her neck and dropped her immediately by pressure on the vagal nerve.
The jury aren't stupid, if he wants any chance of a manslaughter plea he's not going to sully Jo's name, he will if anything carry the whole burden.
It's not necessarily the truth but it's the best defence he's got, IMO he's going for a play on the jury's empathy.

If his story is along these lines and if the reports are true, I hope he can explain his saliva on certain areas of her body, was this deposited then after he killed her.

If his story is along these lines and if the reports are true, I hope he can explain his saliva on certain areas of her body, was this deposited then after he killed her.

Well, it's been suggested that it could have come from attempts to revive her. Or perhaps in panic, listening for a heartbeat, when he began to realise that she hadn't merely passed out.

Also if it was Jo that was shouting out " help me" (can't understand why no one went to help) then I would not think it was mutual .

I'm pretty sure that it can't have been her. The person who reported this was unsure of which day it was, but stated that it was in the morning, in daylight hours. He apparently hasn't been called as a witness in the trial, so presumably the police have ruled out any connection.

I don't know too much about DNA, if it was saliva then I MIGHT think it was a complete match, as it wasn't (from news reports) then perhaps sweat ? if he dragged Jo, her top may have rolled up and he MAY have pulled it back down.
Or he could have put his sweaty, grubby hands on her just before she hit him with the Pizza.
He may have tried to revive Jo (IMO he didn't) or he could say he did to explain the partial sample.
I hope the CPS have something up their sleeve because from what we think we know he's got a reasonable case for M/S and Clegg knows it.

I do think this sounds like a very plausible scenario, I've always thought that what happened was something along those lines. We do know that JY was in a mood for more drinking in company, from her text to MW. What more likely that she offered or accepted a casual invitation from a neighbour?

That was my initial thought, but would he have got to that point so quickly? I think she died quite soon after getting home, otherwise there are likely to have been more phone calls/texts. If she did have him in for a drink, I can't see that he would have made a pass so soon, unless perhaps he had already been drinking (a bit of Dutch courage!).

That was my initial thought, but would he have got to that point so quickly? I think she died quite soon after getting home, otherwise there are likely to have been more phone calls/texts. If she did have him in for a drink, I can't see that he would have made a pass so soon, unless perhaps he had already been drinking (a bit of Dutch courage!).

I've kept an open mind about the time of death. I think a lot of people have been swayed by the report of a scream around 9 pm, but that may have had nothing to do with it - Friday evening before Xmas, there would have been plenty of tipsy people around.

When you say more calls or texts, do you mean made by JY? If she was alone, yes perhaps, but less likely if she was with someone. If she did invite him in, or vice versa, they might have spent an hour or two drinking and chatting. I can't see any reason to rule that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty