DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.insidetime.org/info-regimes2.asp?nameofprison=HMP_LONG_LARTIN

HMP LONG LARTIN Prison Regime Info

Chaplaincy Statement of Purpose (HMPS)

You can contact the Chaplaincy by letter or by telephoning the main prison number and asking to speak to the Chaplaincy. The Chaplaincy works as part of the prison and cannot, therefore, guarantee confidentiality (they can explain this to you in detail). Prisoners can contact the Chaplaincy in person or by Application.

Peter Brotherton should not have led him to believe otherwise.

Where is one's duty? To a murderer or the murdered?

Surely it is obvious that the duty of a prison chaplain is to the prisoners under his or her care.

Mr. Brotherton has to live with his conscience, he knew his duty was to tell and be dam*ed the fallout.

If he had any scruples whatsoever, he could have told VT that anything he heard would not be treated in confidence.

He didn't. Instead he lied and went back on his word. He is a disgrace to the Salvation Army and has let down the prison chaplain service.

"... Mr. Brotherton has to live with his conscience, he knew his duty was to tell and be dam*ed the fallout.

A duty to tell what exactly? VT 'confessed' that he was going to "plead guilty". Isn't that what a Christian minister would expect someone in VT's position to do? Had VT said something along the lines of, "Well I did it, but I'm going to plead not guilty, because I think I can beat this rap", then there would be something to tell.

...Okay, some say the chaplain did not have a duty of confidentiality towards a non-religious person, but if that's the case, why is he even bothering to talk to non-religious people in the first place?

That I believe is the point here; Mr Brotherton apparently believes that different standards apply depending on whether or not he regards the confessee as being 'religious'.

P.S. Not that I think that any of this has the slightest bearing on the issue at hand. I doubt that the prosecution has any concerns whatsoever regarding Mr Brotherton's ethical dilemma; they have simply introduced his testimony into evidence in order to be able to question VT about it. And Mr Brotherton was obliged to take the stand, because the defence wanted to dispute certain elements of his testimony.

Because "Mr Brotherton accepted he had told Tabak the conversation would be in confidence".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...n-emotional-meeting-with-prison-chaplain.html

Describing this two-faced pastor as a snitch is a kindness. If a man of God deliberately lies and tricks those whose needs he is there to serve, he has let down his God, himself and his religion, and should resign. He won't, of course.

I completely agree, I am not religious at all but he was CLEARLY wrong. your doctor, your psychiatrist, your religious person is supposed to be confidential NO MATTER WHAT. believe me I want tabak in prison for as long as possible as much as any of us but the chaplain's testimony was not really needed and he was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

I completely agree, I am not religious at all but he was CLEARLY wrong. your doctor, your psychiatrist, your religious person is supposed to be confidential NO MATTER WHAT. believe me I want tabak in prison for as long as possible as much as any of us but the chaplain's testimony was not really needed and he was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

I don't think this is quite correct. If say a doctor in a hospital suspects a child is being abused, he is required to contact child protective services.

SWNS

#tabak trial: Internet analyst to go through computer searches on Tabak's laptop. Then: Tabak's defence

TM is not a witness for the prosecution then, not that I really expected she would be

I don't think this is quite correct. If say a doctor in a hospital suspects a child is being abused, he is required to contact child protective services.

quite right. that's not the same as your doctor calling your husband and telling him about your social diseases. or mental issues. or feelings of actually being homosexual. etc. a religious person betraying a confidence is not the same as a doctor reporting evidence of abuse.

I see upthread that apparently the chaplains are not meant to BE confidential but this isnt what he told VT and the reason he gave for telling was that VT was not "religious", not that it was his job to do so, as he outlined clearly to VT beforehand, which he did not. he told VT it would be in confidence.

skynewsgatherer (Harriet Tolputt)
#TabakTrial underway. Statement from Joanna's boyfriend Greg being read to the court.

richardpayneitv (Richard Payne)
#Tabak: Jo Yeates' parents, brother and her boyfriend Greg Reardon here again. Tabak head in hands.

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
Trial of Vincent Tabak underway. Starts with a statement from Jo's boyfriend Greg. He says he found an apron not in usual place.

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
Greg said he had found a recipe for mince pies had been downloaded on Jo's computer. "Possible" she had got apron out to bake them.

Statement now from PC Steve Archer who met #VincentTabak and his girlfriend when they returned to flat to collect belongings.

rupertevelyn (Rupert Evelyn)
Now hearing statement from police officer guarding the scene on 2nd Jan when Vincent Tabak came to pick up some of his belongings

Police officer statement says Tabak seemed "relaxed" when picking up his stuff

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
Officer: Tabak seemed "relaxed" during this short return to the flat. The couple then went to stay elsewhere.

Lyndsey Farmery now been called. She will give evidence about Tabak's Internet use following the killing.

Farmery is a senior criminal analyst at Avon & Somerset Police. She's looked at Tabak's Internet browsing history

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
Lyndsey Farmery takes the stand. She is a police IT expert who analysed Tabak's computers.

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
Farmery analysed Tabak's internet activity on his work PC, two laptops and mobile phone.

Some web pages have changed since Tabak looked at them others remain the same.

Farmery compiled chart of what viewed and for how long.

I wonder if Websleuths is found in VT's browsing history - I found it myself by googling the crime.

I must admit I have no idea as to what religious denomination Mr Brotherton represents and therefore have no idea as to what rules that denomination has regarding the seal of the confessional, but this is the first time I've heard the argument that it only selectively applies to those individuals that the priest regards as sufficiently religious to qualify. It's a very morally dubious position to take if you ask me.

I very much doubt that Mr B is a member of clergy in any meaningful sense. The impression I got is that he is a sort of volunteer and has had an informal role of visiting prisoners for many years. Somehow he ends up being the chaplain, or at least described as the chaplain. He seems to have a limited knowledge of religion if he thinks there is some sort of blanket division between religious and non-religious people in regard to confession and confidentiality. At best I'd say he is a dabbler in religion and pastoral affairs. At worst, he is appallingly ignorant.

The Internet history has been divided into themes. Weather, research general, maps & locations, yeates, research police, murder appeal....

....missing persons, waste recycling, sentencing and so on

Tabak looked at weather site on Dec 17, day prosecution says he killed Jo Yeates. Also looked as police website, the murder investigation.

Also looked at murder appeals, missing person investigations, researched prisons, waste recycling and prison sentences.

18th December web history, day after Jo died.... 1019ish - news article concerning 4 yr old girl in London.

... Weather research, articles about bristol area and Clifton suspension bridge. Crime page of BBC bristol website

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
This refers to defendant's Internet use in the week before last Christmas.

Dec 18, Tabak looked at news pages on crime, Dec 19 - Gooogle map searches of Longwood Lane where Jo Yeates' body was found.

Using google maps satellite view Tabak zoomed in on Longwood Lane.

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
Jury hears Tabak accessed Google maps of Longwood Lane (where Jo's body was later found) at 2230 on 18 Dec - before Jo reported missing

Jury looking at images of Longwood Lane taken from Google. Tabak also researched stories on Shrien Dewani and Melanie Hall.

Google searched for "Avon police missing person" on the 20th December.

#Tabak looked up Avon and Somerset Police and accessed a section on murder victim Melanie Hall and missing persons.

Dewani accused of arranging murder of his wife in South Africa while on honeymoon. Mel Hall was Bath woman murdered.

At work he researched police and the weather, press coverage and Joanna Yeates

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
Jo's parents, brother and boyfriend in court as jury hears Tabak looked-up several murder investigations on Internet before body found

He google searched "manslaughter","maximum sentence mazslaughter" meaning manslaughter. Typed in "what is penalty for manslaughter"

Also looked at pages on Barry Ruberry, murdered in home in Iron Acton, north of Bristol.

He looked up an article relating to holland and extradition. #yeates

#Tabak also looked up the penalty for manslaughter and a story about the extradition of a Dutch man.

"forensics Jo bristol","what happens forensics" more search queries form Vincent Tabak.

Read web page about Jo Yeates' parents saying her disappearance was out of character. Also 'what is penalty for manslaughter'

#Tabak searched the Internet to find out more about forensic testing, CCTV on his road and the press coverage of inquiry.

Used google maps to view Canynge Rd and the surrounding area following search for CCTV in the area

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
Court told Tabak researched DNA evidence, forensics and finger-printing on 22 Dec. Jo's body found three days later

Tabak looked at a Wikipedia page relating to murder and English law as well as manslaughter and English law

Also Google search on body decomposition and 'what happens to a human body after we die'.

#Tabak researched the amount of time it takes for a human body to decompose and what happens to the body after death on 23rd December.

#Tabak accessed websites to find out the sentence for manslaughter and read a news story on a man who pleaded to diminished responsibility.

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
Jury told defendant looked at several web pages re "body decomposition time" - "including a time-lapse video of a body decomposing".

Jury told that #Tabak looked up the number of Renault Meganes and the percentage of grey cars in the UK.

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
Analyst confirms Tabak researched number of Renault Megane cars in UK. Jury has already been told Tabak owned a silver Megane.

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
And looked at position of CCTV cameras in the Clifton area of Bristol.

vrupertevelyn (Rupert Evelyn)
"293 tonnes of rubbish trawled through" seen on one page then Tabak looked at info on bristol council waste recycling

Jury hearing how #VincentTabak looked up on the Internet the times of rubbish and recycling collections in the Bristol area.

Boxing Day (day after Jo Yeates found); news items on Jo on English and Australian websites. Search on household waste collection times.

Lyndsey Farmery confirming from the witness box what the Internet history shows while Nigel Lickley QC reads through a list

jonkay01 (Jon Kay)
Farmery: At one point Tabak Googled "Joanna Yeates pizza"

Tabak searched for "hophouse bristol" which is where CCTV evidence was gathered from.

Tabak searched for "rubbish collection time York place Clifton bristol".

#Tabak repeatedly searched for news coverage on Joanna Yeates and rubbish collections.

Tabak looked up press story: 'Did killer take grey sock as trophy?' Also page on 'detention of a suspect' and Horfield (Bristol) prison.

Tabak looked at web page asking "could car sighting hold key to Joanna Yeates' murder"

@jonkay01 Jon Kay
Tabak is alleged to have looked up refuse collection times in York Place in the Clifton area of Bristol. Tabak did not live in York Place.

That's the first unexpected thing I've noticed in this long and otherwise predictable set of websites VT visited.

York Place is not very near Canynge Road. I wonder if and why VT thought that the pizza and/or its box might be there?

Tabak searched "definition sexual conduct" and then "definition of sexual assault".

Tabak looked at webpage "What is the maximum sentence for 1st degree murder in England?"

Ten minute break in the trial of #VincentTabak. #joannayeates

Phew....!

Thank you, Redgoblin: you are doing a grand job.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay