GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from Sky's "tomorrow's front pages" feature so far - tabs are making a splash of the arrest with large print and bold colors:

JO YEATES MURDER: 32 YEAR OLD MAN ARRESTED
Police search home of Dutch architect next door neighbour (Daily Star)

JOANNA: MAN AGED 32 HELD
Police search flat next door to her home (Daily Express)

Jo murder suspect
THE QUIET DUTCHMAN (Daily Mirror)

and amongst the broadsheets, we find

Man next door arrested for Joanna's murder: Dutchman found a mile from flat (Telegraph)

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...spaper_Front_Pages_On_Friday_January_21,_2011

He would be the first person on my list, tbh. One of the few people who could move between his home & the victim's home without being noticed. Possibly someone gave him an alibi which has now been withdrawn? Or it simply took time to accumulate the evidence.

The motive must be the question in everyone's mind

From what we've been told to date, there were no signs of violent struggle in the flat (although it may not have occurred there) or on the body

Waiting to learn if the individual arrested drove a light coloured 4 x 4 or had access to one

Wondering also if the individual who's been arrested was one of the neighbours to whom CJ related his believed sighting of JY with two others

Nothing dutch about the name I saw...maybe saw the wrong one.

from Sky's "torrow's front pages" feature so far - tabs are making a splash of the arrest with large print and bold colors:

JO YEATES MURDER: 32 YEAR OLD MAN ARRESTED
Police search home of Dutch architect next door neighbour (Daily Star)

JOANNA: MAN AGED 32 HELD
Police search flat next door to her home (Daily Express)

Jo murder suspect
THE QUIET DUTCHMAN (Daily Mirror)

and amongst the broadsheets, we find

Man next door arrested for Joanna's murder: Dutchman found a mile from flat (Telegraph)

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...spaper_Front_Pages_On_Friday_January_21,_2011

Yes. I've just been reading the online version of the UK Sun and it's the same. Height of the scaffolding implies they know what they're looking for. I've never seen anything like it before under the circumstances. Maybe the media will soon be reporting neighbours hearing the sound of jack hammers. Can't work out why they'd need to erect the scaffolding otherwise, unless they're intending to forensically examine the exterior of the building from top to bottom (as well they may .. I have no idea)

Snippets from the new Telegraph article:

Neighbours said that Mr Tabak had not been at his flat since Miss Yeates's murder. Others said they had seen him collecting belongings from the property in Canygne Road this week.

Teams of forensic officers were examining Mr Tabak's basement flat, which used to be connected by an interior door – since blocked up – to the property where Miss Yeates lived with her boyfriend, Greg Reardon.

Mr Tabak's British girlfriend, Tanja Morson was helping police with their inquiries.

Throughout the day, forensic officers loaded three wheelie bins and a mountain bike from the address into an unmarked white Transit van.

Emily Williams, 31, a friend of Mr Tabak's, is registered as living at the block of flats but she has been in Chile. Her father, Michael, seemed perplexed about the police activity at the building. "She's lived in Bristol for about seven years," he said. "She doesn't have a boyfriend and I don’t know why he [Mr Tabak] would have been at her place.”

much more, well worth a look, at
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-door-arrested-over-Joanna-Yeates-murder.html

I think the scaffolding and screening is just to hide the police activity from the public gaze and from the media, tbh.

If CJ hadnt been arrested (and is still a suspect according to LE) we all might have believed that what he saw was true and might have looked at couples maybe neighbours. I might have thought well it coudlnt have been GR then if there was JY plus 2 others. With his arrest that just threw his account out of the window(and ruined his New Year). Now we are to believe he was telling the truth.

I wonder if MUAs GF was away on the evening of the 17th December? Will we ever be told what her alibi is? or is she going to be another person implicated in all this because no information is ever given out and another persons life is in ruins!

I think the scaffolding and screening is just to hide the police activity from the public gaze and from the media, tbh.

Ok. Thanks. I'm familiar with the screening procedure, but the scaffolding threw me

Throughout the day, forensic officers loaded three wheelie bins and a mountain bike from the address into an unmarked white Transit van.

Emily Williams, 31, a friend of Mr Tabak's, is registered as living at the block of flats but she has been in Chile. Her father, Michael, seemed perplexed about the police activity at the building. "She's lived in Bristol for about seven years," he said. "She doesn't have a boyfriend and I don’t know why he [Mr Tabak] would have been at her place.”

I'm guessing this part refers to the Aberdeen St. block of flats ?

Maybe Emily Williams gave her keys to Mr. Tabak in order he could keep an eye on her place during her absence/while she was in Chile ?

Will we learn he drives or has access to a light coloured 4 x 4 ? Is a vehicle fitting that description owned by Emily Williams ? If so, perhaps LE picked up a vehicle of that description on the Clifton bridge cctv, after the witness saw a vehicle of that description near to where JY's body was discovered ?

RE: Cadfael - l Rubbish Bins

Hii Cadfael... dont worry you are not a rubbish sleuther.
My sis from England held the phone to my ear so that I could hear the ITV news live...

They removed wheelie bins and a bike from the address a mile away... sounds like it was Aberdeen Road..... I am guessing that this is where the arrested Perp's G/F or some other alibi lived?

The article states that NUA was away over Christmas in Eindhoven, I wonder when he went exactly and when he returned. Joanna's body was found Christmas day but it could have been there a couple of days. But having said that Christmas time doesn't have to mean he was away Christmas day, it could mean he went away Boxing day or maybe even the day after?

I'm referring to the article in The Telegraph.

The items were removed from the house in Aberdeen Road. This is where EW(the owner of the house in Abderdeen Rd) lives, she is in Chile but it doesn't state how long she has been away. NUAs GF lived at Clifton Rd with him. Hope that clears up some confusion which seems to be going on.

I'm really desperate for info guys cause new arrest or no, I'm still at such a loss. it doesnt make any sense whatever that someone (a neighbor??) randomly went to her flat, killed her, wandered off...taking her with him? WHY? why remove the body and risk being caught in Big Brother Britain? let alone hiding her in the flat next door? whaaat? where was his gf then? didn't she mind the smell of cadaverine? how long was the body at the scene where it was found, how long before that did she pass? if there had been evidence of a sexual assault this would make loads more sense....as it stands it just makes no sense.

LE will have redeemed themselves if it transpires they trawled through the Clifton bridge cctv footage after combining witness statements re: vehicles in Longwood lane and the cctv they received from the resident in Canynge road - then traced all known vehicles of that type and narrowed it down to the resident of Aberdeen street - then checked airports and learned Ms. Williams had been in Chile for X-number of weeks/months -- then staked out the Aberdeen street address and saw one of JY's neighbours there - then put all the pieces together

that would be doggedness at its best -- good policing allied with technology

I'll be the first to apologise to them if they have the right man now. Happy to apologise in fact

LE will have redeemed themselves if it transpires they trawled through the Clifton bridge cctv footage after combining witness statements re: vehicles in Longwood lane and the cctv they received from the resident in Canynge road - then traced all known vehicles of that type and narrowed it down to the resident of Aberdeen street - then checked airports and learned Ms. Williams had been in Chile for X-number of weeks/months -- then staked out the Aberdeen street address and saw one of JY's neighbours there - then put all the pieces together

that would be doggedness at its best -- good policing allied with technology

I'll be the first to apologise to them if they have the right man now. Happy to apologise in fact

bbm you and me both, I will happily take back every private comment I have made using words such as bumbling and keystone koppers. just for the time being I am not confident. I believe this is no better than the mess of arresting the landlord.

I'm really desperate for info guys cause new arrest or no, I'm still at such a loss. it doesnt make any sense whatever that someone (a neighbor??) randomly went to her flat, killed her, wandered off...taking her with him? WHY? why remove the body and risk being caught in Big Brother Britain? let alone hiding her in the flat next door? whaaat? where was his gf then? didn't she mind the smell of cadaverine? how long was the body at the scene where it was found, how long before that did she pass? if there had been evidence of a sexual assault this would make loads more sense....as it stands it just makes no sense.
Thought I read that they had previously worked together and therefore she did know him so he may have invited her round on that friday hence all her outdoor wear still being in her own flat. She may have taken pizza with her. He then possibly made advances towards her and all went horribly wrong from there. Jmo

RE: Cadfael - l Rubbish Bins

Hii Cadfael... dont worry you are not a rubbish sleuther.
My sis from England held the phone to my ear so that I could hear the ITV news live...

They removed wheelie bins and a bike from the address a mile away... sounds like it was Aberdeen Road..... I am guessing that this is where the arrested Perp's G/F or some other alibi lived?

Hahahaha thanks!!! I couldnt find it anywhere! I wonder what the bin suggests then??? Maybe the pizza was thrown into it? Surely the body wouldn't have been placed in here? ( sorry to be graphic or offend)

The bike also puzzles me?! What do you all think??! :waitasec:

Thought I read that they had previously worked together and therefore she did know him so he may have invited her round on that friday hence all her outdoor wear still being in her own flat. She may have taken pizza with her. He then possibly made advances towards her and all went horribly wrong from there. Jmo

but she didnt take the cider. I can see your scenario but....we just dont know anything about this guy...I dont think the normal response to rejection is murder...now obviously whoever did this is NOT normal, but.....why not take her body to her flat? least likely to get caught that way as opposed to moving it to where it was.

eta actually he wouldnt have the keys...then again she didnt either?

Hahahaha thanks!!! I couldnt find it anywhere! I wonder what the bin suggests then??? Maybe the pizza was thrown into it? Surely the body wouldn't have been placed in here? ( sorry to be graphic or offend)

The bike also puzzles me?! What do you all think??! :waitasec:

Good point where on earth does the bike feature????

bbm you and me both, I will happily take back every private comment I have made using words such as bumbling and keystone koppers. just for the time being I am not confident. I believe this is no better than the mess of arresting the landlord.

From what I can gather, he has been away since the investigation started, I assume he wasn't around for the debacle of the LL's arrest, but I would imagine he followed it on the internet from Holland..... you wouldn't blame him for not being overhelpful incase he got dragged in unecessarily....

From what i have seen about him, he doesn't appear that unusual.

Good point where on earth does the bike feature????

they might want to do soil/pollen tests from the wheels? maybe see if he rode along Longwood Lane?.... purely guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010