GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police granted more time to question the arrested man.

Huhm.Haven't we been here before?

You don't sound very happy about this latest development, Phillb

What's up ?

As to why the police didn't act re: this latest suspect earlier

... it may be he'd been provided what at the time passed for solid alibi

And the person who provided it might have since retracted that and provided new information

You don't sound very happy about this latest development, Phillb

What's up ?

As to why the police didn't act re: this latest suspect earlier

... it may be he'd been provided what at the time passed for solid alibi

And the person who provided it might have since retracted that and provided new information
It's just the fact they need extra time really. If the Police have damning, and total evidence he can be charged straight away. Even when the perp knows it's game over, he has to admit it really. You know when your beaten. The extra time just doesn't seem to show this is how it is at the moment.

As time goes by, I'm begining to wonder if someone else knows more about the events of that night than the killer??

Joanna Yeates' murder: Police arrest Dutch architect

Friday, January 21, 2011, 08:01

Excerpt: "Dramatic scenes unfolded in Clifton yesterday as the 32-year-old man, believed to be Miss Yeates’ neighbour Vincent Tabak, was arrested from an address in Aberdeen Road, off Whiteladies Road, at 6am."

Excerpt: "Detectives have up to 36 hours – until 6pm today – to question Mr Tabak before they need to apply to magistrates for a custody extension of another 72 hours at most. They then must charge or release him."

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...architect/article-3129181-detail/article.html

It's just the fact they need extra time really. If the Police have damning, and total evidence he can be charged straight away. Even when the perp knows it's game over, he has to admit it really. You know when your beaten. The extra time just doesn't seem to show this is how it is at the moment.

As time goes by, I'm begining to wonder if someone else knows more about the events of that night than the killer??

How long have they had NUA in custody ?

Police granted more time to question the arrested man.

Huhm.Haven't we been here before?

I agree. Whatever they have on him, it's can't be 'solid' evidence. If they did have solid evidence against him he would have been charged by now. But hey, what do I know. Maybe they are waiting for the results of a match on the DNA found on Joanna, I don't know how long these things take.

Joanna Yeates' murder: Police arrest Dutch architect

Friday, January 21, 2011, 08:01

Excerpt: "Dramatic scenes unfolded in Clifton yesterday as the 32-year-old man, believed to be Miss Yeates’ neighbour Vincent Tabak, was arrested from an address in Aberdeen Road, off Whiteladies Road, at 6am."

Excerpt: "Detectives have up to 36 hours – until 6pm today – to question Mr Tabak before they need to apply to magistrates for a custody extension of another 72 hours at most. They then must charge or release him."

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...architect/article-3129181-detail/article.html

LOL. You're not only smart

but psychic to boot

Even if LE release him and proclaim him as 'assisting with our enquiries'

they're still further ahead than they were before they took him in

e.g., they've had a good poke around his flat -- and the friend's flat in Aberdeen St.

they've put the wind up him

they would still be able to warn him against trying to leave the country

and people will be scrutinizing him and trawling their memories

If the kitchen felt hot before, prompting him to camp in his friend's Aberdeen flat (despite the friend's father destroying for the moment any claimed legitimacy might be proferred as explanation for that move) then the kitchen's going to feel a whole lot hotter now

And if and when LE believe they have reason to pull him in again, they can do so

Jo Yeates murder cops arrest Dutch neighbour in dawn swoop

Daily Mirror 21/01/2011

Excerpt: "Avon and Somerset Police refused to say how long he had been a suspect before his arrest or confirm his identity. They will contact their counterparts in Holland for any relevant information about him. It was revealed officers had him under surveillance before swooping."

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...utch-neighbour-in-dawn-swoop-115875-22864357/

I'm completely new to this. Maybe this has been said before - in which case apologies to all.

From personal experience - I've nipped out of my flat, in my slippers, to run quick errands eg put something in the re-cycling bin, without my keys, mobile, handbag etc. Accidently locking myself out.

Major hassle on a bitterly cold night - especially lack of mobile phone and neighbours with the spare housekeys out/or away. Mainly to access a phone. To keep warm. Solution call on a friendly neighbour.

Clearly, no-one could 'put me back' in my flat except a locksmith.

I always thought CJ's arrest was mainly to facilitate a search of his flat. I also thought it had been orchestrated through the media so he could come in on suspicion of making 'contradictory statements'. Whether he had actually done this who knows, but the press reported it and with him lit up in lights as a suspect he was then arrested.

It's both similar and different this time. Similar in that they have a search and the occupant in custody to whom they can immediately put questions, depending on what they find, but they haven't involved the media very much. Seems to have taken people by surprise.

Police seem confident but just what evidence do they have? He hasn't confessed. And they are looking for links. I hope they have the right man this time.

Forensic experts were last night trawling his home for clues and testing DNA samples to see if the highly intelligent computer expert has any link to Jo’s murder.

Joanna Yeates police granted more time to question suspect

Friday 21 January 2011 08.50 GMT

Excerpt: "Avon and Somerset police issued a brief statement this morning confirming that detectives had been given more time to question the arrested man.

"Police have this morning been granted extra time to question a 32-year-old man arrested yesterday (Thursday January 21) on suspicion of the murder of Jo Yeates," the statement said.

Detectives have 24 hours to question a suspect before, in the first instance, going to a senior officer to ask for an extra 12 hours. They must then go to a magistrate if they want more time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/21/joanna-yeates-police-time-question-suspect

This is my first post on this forum. I want to say that I agree with Marc D about Nausicaa's brilliant scenario and the changes that could be made.

Also I have started wondering whether CJ has lied about seeing the two or three people in the communal area at 9pm with the intention of pointing to VT.

CJ's story definitely doesn't add up. Unless either Hardyman or Lowman are lying. Add, that he also didn't apparently hear the screams that the two other people heard at around 9pm, although he claims he saw the three people around the same time. I think there was also another scream reportedly heard at around 12 o'clock by a resident of number 44. Who was that and were they trying to muddy the waters even further? Let's hope no-one has been meddling in Vincent's flat while the couple were away.

Jefferies' story definitely doesn't add up. Unless either Hardyman or Lowman are lying. Add, that he also didn't apparently hear the screams the two separate people heard at around 9pm, although he claims he saw the three people around the same time. I think there was also another scream reportedly heard at around 12 o'clock by a resident of number 44. Who was that and where they trying to muddy the waters even further? Let's hope no-one else has been in Vincent's flat while the couple were away.

Don't forget we never got to know what Jefferies had actually ever said. His initial comment.

In his words he said 'I made some comment that was very, very, very much vaguer than that, and It is a serious distortion of what I actually said to the Police, and I have no further comment to make because that too is certain itself to be distorted.

CJ's story definitely doesn't add up. Unless either Hardyman or Lowman are lying. Add, that he also didn't apparently hear the screams that the two other people heard at around 9pm, although he claims he saw the three people around the same time. I think there was also another scream reportedly heard at around 12 o'clock by a resident of number 44. Who was that and were they trying to muddy the waters even further? Let's hope no-one has been meddling in Vincent's flat while the couple were away.

Here's an article which mentions a scream being heard "near midnight on the day she was last seen alive".

10 Jan 2011

Officers are still receiving information daily, and it has emerged that someone living in the same block as Miss Yeates, 25, has reported hearing a scream near midnight on the day she was last seen alive. Two other witnesses say they heard screams at 9pm.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ing-killer-might-take-DNA-from-thousands.html

I have read Nausicaa's brilliant scenario again, and I think she is very close to the truth, except maybe for the bleach, the mysterious clue, that could also be a large bag taken from the entrance hall. She does not say much about the motive of the attack, also, but now we know a little more about this.

At any rate, this is a must read:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #6

*bows*

Thanks for the compliments Marc. Just one correction : I'm actually a he. No idea why I chose a female-sounding screen-name.

On motive, I see it as first sexual, then becoming either anger or desire for cover-up. Much as I respect MrZhivago, I don't see his difficulty with the idea that spurned advances may (however rarely and unreasonably) be the catalyst for a series of events culminating in the murder of the spurner. On the other hand, I think it is a tiny bit premature to be absolutely certain that any advances that may have taken place were spurned.

I agree that the disappearance of a wheeled bag big enough to contain a body may have been the "secret clue" I referred to rather than my bleach idea. I also think that such a bag may well have been of more value for concealing the body pending dumping than for concealing it while wheeling out to the road...which may not have happened in that way.

I continue to stand (provisionally) by the idea that the murder took place in a neighbouring property, not in Joanna's flat. But I don't think that the provisional storage place, pending dumping of body, was at or close to no 44.

He could have said anything like. I'm not sure, but as I parked my car there could have been someone down the pathway. I got that feeling, but didn't really see anything definite. I wasn't really taking much notice at the time so don't state that as fact.

That can easily be distorted. It happens all the time. That's the kind of passed on word stuff that makes distorted Urban Legends.

J.M.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member