GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said earlier that this would probably turn out to be a very simple and sad story. I don't think stalker chips, bricked-up doorways or other far-fetched theories have anything to do with it.

I agree.
My view is that it started out as something amorous and got out of control.

I agree.
My view is that it started out as something amorous and got out of control.

Rather, I see a scenario where someone is bereft and unhappy, and is comforted and cuddled by a kind and sympathetic neighbour .....

Rather, I see a scenario where someone is bereft and unhappy, and is comforted and cuddled by a kind and sympathetic neighbour .....

Perhaps. The fact bf was away and she text MW for company might suggest she was unhappy too.

Wow, I see speculation is rife today, especially relating to the significance of partial DNA on JY's body when we don't know conclusively where it is or to whom it belongs! ;)

Are we really to believe the NUA and his girlfriend broke up because a neighbour purportedly said he hadn't seen her for awhile? What nonsense.

LE have now had custody of NUA since 0200 yesterday and they still haven't named him let along charged him, and if he isn't charged within the next day, then I am asking myself who is leading LE to these so called suspects, and could we be back to
squareone.gif
?

But the stalker chips and the bricked up doorway are facts, aren't they ?

Unless the killer demolished the bricked wall and then rebuilt it and redecorated it to cover this up, I think we can completely ignore this useless fact

Wow, I see speculation is rife today, especially relating to the significance of partial DNA on JY's body when we don't know conclusively where it is or to whom it belongs! ;)

Are we really to believe the NUA and his girlfriend broke up because a neighbour purportedly said he hadn't seen her for awhile? What nonsense.

LE have now had custody of NUA since 0200 yesterday and they still haven't named him let along charged him, and if he isn't charged within the next day, then I am asking myself who is leading LE to these so called suspects, and could we be back to
squareone.gif
?

Its been stated everywhere in the media exactly where the partial DNA was found

squareone.gif
?

As said earlier, they don't have to charge him ... not now, not next week

He could well remain ' a person of interest '

He might be instructed not to leave the country

His place and his unfortunate friend's place (Aberdeen St) have been searched
and items taken away for forensic scrutiny

People are going to be trawling their memories now, as a result of these developments

And at any time, LE can take him in for questioning again

All the while, LE are obtaining more and more information

I personally still wouldn't rule out a connection to the earlier murder in 1974, and any connections to other similar murders in areas that might have a link to Clifton College.

To state the obvious; the 32 year-old suspect could not possibly have also committed a murder that took place 37 years ago. Which illustrates the problem; 37 years is half a lifetime and therefore there must be a very high probability that whoever committed the 1974 murder is now either dead or physically incapable of committing the 2010 murder. Hence the passage of time makes any connection somewhat unlikely.

squareone.gif
?

Exactly. And what seems possible right now is that NUA's ex-girlfriend's brother tweeted he was 'certain' CJ would be arrested/charged within a specific time frame

Who provided him that information ?

Was it the same people who set LE on CJ ?

If so --- who are these people and are they controlling what transpires ?

Must be very sure of themselves

Exactly. And what seems possible right now is that NUA's ex-girlfriend's brother tweeted he was 'certain' CJ would be arrested/charged within a specific time frame

Who provided him that information ?

Was it the same people who set LE on CJ ?

If so --- who are these people and are they controlling what transpires ?

Must be very sure of themselves

I think you're misunderstanding. At the time Gunter tweeted, CJ was already under arrest. Gunter tweeted that he was going to be charged. He wasn't. Embarrassed Gunter blames unidentified source. If his sister was renting a flat from CJ at the time, one can guess who his source might have been, but that raises the question of who the source's source was : someone in the neighbourhood ? A friendly junior police officer ?

I think you're misunderstanding. At the time Gunter tweeted, CJ was already under arrest. Gunter tweeted that he was going to be charged. He wasn't. Embarrassed Gunter blames unidentified source. If his sister was renting a flat from CJ at the time, one can guess who his source might have been, but that raises the question of who the source's source was : someone in the neighbourhood ? A friendly junior police officer ?

Ahhh ....

Even if they already had the results and his DNA matched the one that they found on JY's midriff and breasts, it would not prove anything, because it is only partial DNA, so only good to rule someone out. If there is no DNA match and they have nothing else, they will have to release him because I am pretty sure that he will not confess and will simply repeat over and over again: 'I have not seen JY that day'. His lawyer will do the rest.

I quote you on that, though, because you are correct. It is a little bit as if we knew that the murderer had a surname containing the letters A and K, so that rules GR out, and does not rule NUA out, but it does not prove either that it was NUA, because millions of other people also match this partial DNA (even if it was only thousands, or hundreds, or dozens, it would still be impossible to say that it is him, because it could be a brother, a cousin, an uncle, or an unknown twin brother).

In England, though, partial DNA match is taken into consideration:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_pr...vidence_of_partial_or_incomplete_DNA_profiles

They mean that it cannot be rejected, but they certainly do not mean that it is a sufficient evidence to prove someone guilty.

what bothers me about this is that it's saliva....and there's no evidence of sexual assualt or activity (that's been reported anyways) so.....we dont know she didnt just get a lil frisky with someone while at the pub, do we? or earlier that day, or the day before if she hadn't showered....that wasn't GR.

I'm not trying to denigrate the victim in any way, I'm just saying that saliva alone doesnt automatically equal that it was the murderer's.

I'd really like to know what if anything they found under her fingernails....oftentimes there's plenty of dna from scratching when there's been a strangulation....that would do it for me way before saliva partials would...

.... that's the reason why A&SC would monitor the net; somebody saying something where they can connect that somebody with someone else whose name has already featured in their inquiries

It's probably been posted, I haven't read back, but sky are now saying vt is the man arrested yesterday- on the headlines in the sky red button repeats and also stated in current programme withkay burley

what bothers me about this is that it's saliva....and there's no evidence of sexual assualt or activity (that's been reported anyways) so.....we dont know she didnt just get a lil frisky with someone while at the pub, do we? or earlier that day, or the day before if she hadn't showered....that wasn't GR.

I'm not trying to denigrate the victim in any way, I'm just saying that saliva alone doesnt automatically equal that it was the murderer's.
It has not been said that the partial DNA on JY's jeans, midriff and breasts was saliva. The saliva, mentioned much earlier, was on her face, and they said it may have come from making an effort while carrying the body.

I'd really like to know what if anything they found under her fingernails....oftentimes there's plenty of dna from scratching when there's been a strangulation....that would do it for me way before saliva partials would...
Although they did not say it, I do think that they checked her fingernails, and they did not find anything there, in my opinion. If they said to the press at the occasion of the arrest that they had three partial DNA traces, it is possibly because that is all they have. It is not even sure that it matches the NUA's DNA.

Been away from the desk for half an hour

just saw this

Thanks for the clarification. Read G's tweets in wrong order - must have

But relieved to a degree to be honest

Sister was no longer in residence, apparently. But yes, loose lips somewhere

Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online