GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there was a 'blocked off door' between the two flats

Otto did so much splendid work with the plans, but without the land registry documents, there was no way to know about a blocked-off door

Understandable now why the police said 'no signs of forced entry', etc.

Wondering now why the police didn't see the blocked-off door at the start ?

Maybe it was located at the back of a wardrobe, concealed by clothing ?

If the latest info is correct, it's looking as if it may have been premeditated after all

Poor GR. Poor JY's family and poor Joanna Yeates

Did CJ know about the blocked-off door I wonder ? Maybe not. But it's like something from a horror film -- an unsuspected doorway into the one place you expect to be safe

So there was a 'blocked off door' between the two flats

Otto did so much splendid work with the plans, but without the land registry documents, there was no way to know about a blocked-off door

Understandable now why the police said 'no signs of forced entry', etc.

Wondering now why the police didn't see the blocked-off door at the start ?

Maybe it was located at the back of a wardrobe, concealed by clothing ?

If the latest info is correct, it's looking as if it may have been premeditated after all

Poor GR. Poor JY's family and poor Joanna Yeates

Did CJ know about the blocked-off door I wonder ? Maybe not. But it's like something from a horror film -- an unsuspected doorway into the one place you expect to be safe

The blocked off door would mean it was now defunct. The frame ripped out, the opening breeze blocked up and plastered over when it was converted into flats. You'd not even know a doorway used to be there. You can't really have a door into your neighbours flat lol

I think what we will find over the next few days will be something along the lines of a news blackout, no information will be provided that could jeopordise a possible prosecution. Lets hope theyve got the right man this time, its all about Justice for Jo - for the first time in a couple of weeks i am starting to feel we may on our way to just that.

As for speculation about a blocked off door etc... wouldnt it of been easier to get in the flat by other means ?? Unless of course it was premeditated, but it seems crazy to attempt such a horrendous crime on your own doorstep. Still by the looks of things maybe they thought they had been too clever ??

Only time will tell now......

The blocked off door would mean it was now defunct. The frame ripped out, the opening breeze blocked up and plastered over when it was converted into flats. You'd not even know a doorway used to be there. You can't really have a door into your neighbours flat lol

Exactly my thoughts too.

The blocked off door would mean it was now defunct. The frame ripped out, the opening breeze blocked up and plastered over when it was converted into flats. You'd not even know a doorway used to be there. You can't really have a door into your neighbours flat lol :woohoo:

Gee Phillb

not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic .... or what ?

You've never seen a blocked off doorway in a building ? If not, please be assured they're not all that uncommon, particularly in older buildings

In fact, <mod snip> - I offer it from personal experience: when younger and new to the big city, I boarded with a woman. And twice I was awakened only to find her leaning over my bed with her face to the wall. That wall was covered by numerous small framed pictures, photographs etc. which she'd instructed me I must not move because they were 'special' to her

When I awoke with her leaning over me, she 'sssshhhhed' me with a warning wag of her finger. Looking up, I saw she'd pushed one of the pictures to the side and had her head pushed into the wall. It was an unbelievable experience

After the second time, I pushed the picture to the side too and damn her instructions. I was paying considerable board

There, behind the picture, was a hole. I looked through the hole and could see a bed and a window. So I looked behind some of the other pictures and could see various parts of a room behind the one I slept in, through other holes in the wall. That landlady was a peeping tom. In the room behind mine lived a young couple in a different quarter of the house. I left as soon as I could find somewhere else

So no, I don't consider it 'woo hoo' to learn about the blocked door. Until informed otherwise, officially, I won't write it off

<mod snip>

Agreed, Phillb. There are much simpler explanations.

The police would have known about the blocked off door anyway. I would've thought one of the first things they would have done was look over the plans of the building. Thorough searches would also have been carried out to see if the blocked door had in any way been tampered with.

It's also my understanding that strict fire regulations would mean the door would actually have to be bricked up?

Gee Phillb

i dont think it was meant that way at all, i think he meant by the 'lol' that its not really the sort of thing that happens.

*back laters gang - keep up the excellent work.

I do everything in my power to avoid my neighbours, the thought they could just pop through the wall ...... :doorhide:

Does anyone know if theses flats are all single private residences? Does the landord CJ own the block or just his own flat plus JY's flat?

Gee Phillb

You've never seen a blocked off doorway in a building ? If not, please be assured they're not all that uncommon, particularly in older buildings

In fact, here's something else you may not know - I offer it from personal experience: when younger and new to the big city, I boarded with a woman. And twice I was awakened only to find her leaning over my bed with her face to the wall. That wall was covered by numerous small framed pictures, photographs etc. which she'd instructed me I must not move because they were 'special' to her

When I awoke with her leaning over me, she 'sssshhhhed' me with a warning wag of her finger. Looking up, I saw she'd pushed one of the pictures to the side and had her head pushed into the wall. It was an unbelievable experience

After the second time, I pushed the picture to the side too and damn her instructions. I was paying considerable board

There, behind the picture, was a hole. I looked through the hole and could see a bed and a window. So I looked behind some of the other pictures and could see various parts of a room behind the one I slept in, through other holes in the wall. That landlady was a peeping tom. In the room behind mine lived a young couple in a different quarter of the house. I left as soon as I could find somewhere else

So no, I don't consider it 'woo hoo' to learn about the blocked door. Until informed otherwise, officially, I won't write it off

But glad to see you find it all so hilarious

Sorry. I wasn't quite sure if you were being serious.

It was your quote about 'Understandable now why the police said 'no signs of forced entry', etc.'

I assumed you must think the perp walked through the wall. How can a blocked off door make any difference to no signs of entry???? :waitasec:

Your next quote ''Wondering now why the police didn't see the blocked-off door at the start'''

Well they wouldn't see it if it had been blocked up and plastered over would they????:waitasec:

your quote '''Maybe it was located at the back of a wardrobe, concealed by clothing'''

It was plastered over, like I said. Why should they see it??? :waitasec:

And this quote '''If the latest info is correct, it's looking as if it may have been premeditated after all'''

How come a door you can't use anymore make any difference it might have been premeditated????:waitasec:

I'm sorry for appearing stupid for not understanding what you were saying :waitasec:

Hi. First post, been an occasional visitor for some time.

Someone posted that NUA was happy his GF had come into his life. That perhaps came from a note on his PHD thesis:

Last but not least, I want to thank my girlfriend TM for her support in the last difficult month of my PhD. I am very happy that she entered my life.

http://alexandria.tue.nl/extra2/200910371.pdf

(big file, 4+ MB)

I do everything in my power to avoid my neighbours, the thought they could just pop through the wall ...... :doorhide:

Know what you mean. There'll be more than a few now, tapping walls around their converted dwellings (whether owned or rented)

Whatever the case, re: the 'blocked up' area, the police are certainly pulling out all stops re: investigation of the suspect's flat, based on photos in the Mail online - even to the extent of erecting tall scaffolding. That building is about to relinquish its secrets ...

Blocked off doors are very common in Victorian and older properties that have been split into flats. Owners don't want to destroy original features that add both charm and functionality to a house if was ever to be changed back to a single residence.
Often the door is simply locked and a wardrobe or bookcase placed in front of it, or even just left there, completely visible. As they have strong mortice locks and are very solidly made no-one would imagine their neighbour breaking in.

Posted by 2Goldfish
"I still dont have enough info yet to eliminate GR. as I said from my first post in this case, I dont wanna add insult to an injured person, but based on the information available to me, including the fact that statistically GR is the most likely candidate, I will continue to suspect him until I have information to the contrary. if this newly arrested dude turns out to be the culprit I am more than happy to be wrong because at the very least then, joanna was saved the misery of a person she loved ending her life."

Ironically, one of the reasons I was 'hoping' it may of been G/R and connected to a sexual game, was that Jo would be less afraid if it was someone that she knew...and it was accidental. The thought that this was someone she didn't know well, but may have trusted, but would still have realised that she might die..is horrible. But, he may be another A & S mistake...like C/J?

Cannot understand what the L/E may be searching for in the adjoining flat. Surely, knowing that someone had gone out without their belongings and shoes...they would have searched EVERY flat in that building...especially as their prime suspect had keys to every flat...but then...maybe they didn't?

I agree with you both on this one. I have thought it was GR from the first missing person appeal on 22 Dec. Until this MUA has been charged then I am going to keep a open mind (as what happened to CJ) The LE must have had GR as a suspect too because they were giving him enough rope to make half the population think he was guilty ie: setting up websites, talking of JY in past tense, wishing everyone a "Happy New Year". Until I have the facts on GRs alibi then I will say i was so wrong and dont ever put me on a jury or bring back hanging!!

Hi. First post, been an occasional visitor for some time.

Someone posted that NUA was happy his GF had come into his life. That perhaps came from a note on his PHD:

http://alexandria.tue.nl/extra2/200910371.pdf

(big file, 4+ MB)

I enquired here in the forum about what might be known about the building's other tenants. We knew a little about only some of them

Someone in this forum mentioned 'foreign students', so I asked if any details had been published. Was ticked off by at least one forumite, from memory

Another stated the flat next door was owned by someone of different nationality, who'd completed his PhD in UK, I think. But it was suggested he was 'older' and hardly likely to be a suspect

Now, it's looking otherwise, based on recent media reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member